Page 58 of 891 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 22270
    I know you dudes all read the gnfac advisory.. and i assume glance at the events paragraph at the bottom.. who has a good excuse for not comin to the sidecountry is backcountry lecture at MSU last nite? there were two others there. one was the instructor.
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    I know you dudes all read the gnfac advisory.. and i assume glance at the events paragraph at the bottom.. who has a good excuse for not comin to the sidecountry is backcountry lecture at MSU last nite? there were two others there. one was the instructor.
    I didn't even know about it... but I just took the level 2. Glad someone was there though, I see too many people skiing tandem down Bradleys/Slushmans with gopros.

dude nice. i did see that and meant to make note of it in my post.. those guys know what theyre doing. im just curious as to how other mags gain knowledge/experience.

personally, im stubborn. learn from direct, repetetive experience, not observation, lectures (i.e. going to school). they do several of these every year. my friend (instructor w/ friends of GNFAC) said not a single person showed up to the one in january..
    long live the jahrator

2/22 Big Sky Companion Rescue Clinic from 10-2 at Beehive Basin Trailhead. Contact Grizzly Outfitters @ 406-995-2939 for more info.

2/20-2/23 Level 1 Avalanche Course with American Avalanche Institute. Visit their website. 3 more spots left. Bozeman classes. One day at BB and one day (2/22) at Beehive Basin in Big Sky.

I'm taking the Level one class but if anyone needs a place to crash I have an extra bedroom and space in the living room. Both classes will be held separately at Beehive Basin on Saturday so I'll be home around 10 PM Friday night. PM me if interested and be safe out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    In for the beers. Not sure if I can get away to Big Sky those days.
    PM me your phone - I'll give you a holler!

1 more week...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Skied with Great Northern Powder Guides on Wednesday. FUN DAY.

Photo Cred: Abby Dell Photography

I tried mounting the gnarvision device on the shoulder strap of my pack, and my jacket was in the way the whole time. Fail. Also well aware that I suck at filming and editing but you get the idea...

#teamold

1st into A-Z this morning!

...ok second in.

Last edited by regct; 02-15-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    In for the beers. Not sure if I can get away to Big Sky those days.

MT bringing the stoke. Hard.

I'm anxious to get back out there this weekend. Spent last weekend in the Tetons, and while fun, I'm again reminded of how good we have it here at Bridger and Big Sky. Don't tell anyone ...
    Was also at Jackson last weekend and while the snow was good, the crowds had it skied out in an hour. Meanwhile had untracked all day this week off of Shedhorn and other lifts. Don't tell anyone...

Good snow today at moonlight (I still call it that even if it is officially Big Sky now). Lapped Lone Tree most of the day (except for the lightning hold). Face shots were abundant.

Maverick on Saturday.

i freakin LOVE maverick.
    did a little goodwill shopping yesterday. got a REALLY NICE shiny gold puffy coat with furry collar for underground. pretty stoked.
    now if the wind and crowds could both frig off, id be super stoked
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

sick stuff regct! love the way you guys hit that chute! awesome stoke!

Great Divide had a foot of fresh today and skied very well. Untracked lines all day if you know where to look. Much more expected Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ski counselor View Post
    Great Divide had a foot of fresh today and skied very well. Untracked lines all day if you know where to look. Much more expected Sunday.
    Yeah it was epic...for Great Divide. First tracks down Sunshine Bowl were awesome, and the Big Open offered untracked all day. They're actually having a pretty decent season up there. Glad to see it.

Heard that a statey was parked by the Panda this morning, advising that bridger would be turning people away.

Thursday I got knocked over by my own sluff riding in South bowl. I bet today was ridiculous.
    long live the jahrator

Well, moonlight was good today too. The 6 inches overnight figure is crap; there was quite a bit more than that up high. Lots of good turns in the headwaters and off of Lone Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah it was epic...for Great Divide. First tracks down Sunshine Bowl were awesome, and the Big Open offered untracked all day. They're actually having a pretty decent season up there. Glad to see it.
    With the Rawhide lift open tomorrow, I'll be making the trek out to the Big Open. Should definitely be worth it. The Wild West area just isn't steep enough for deep snow.

Stormy in Red Lodge. Went to Big Sky the other day and a lot was on wind hold. Got some tram laps in the whiteout which was fun. Last run the lift broke down and we got some free lift tickets and hot chocolate out of it. Stoked!
    Last edited by up_down_all_around; 02-24-2014 at 05:56 PM.

In news that surprised no one, swifty was down most of sat which made the longest lines explorer has probably ever seen and really packed down LRT. Pretty sure the opening of the cookie shack directly correlates with increased amounts of the "tram line shuffle" as well. Snow was still pretty good.
    Last edited by lifelinksplit; 02-23-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Heading up the canyon tomorrow...can't wait!

Kinda hammered at the Pour House right now. Got comfortably numb on Bent Nail @ MackRiv Zza last night after a beautiful 16 hour ice drive yesterday. White knuckled it. Beer was my friend.
    Gravity. It's the law.

cheers all- happy pow cycle, gosh that was a deep wknd
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 02-23-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Some sidecountry stoke from today.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Some sidecountry stoke from today.
    Really nice.

Thoroughly enjoying my first Big Sky winter!

nice!
    better see you hosers out there in your dirtbag regalia tomorrow.