Page 502 of 891 FirstFirst ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 22254
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Even managed a face shot.
    Snow or COVID shot in the kisser?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    This photo increases my cynicism.
    There is a lot to be cynical about.

People starving or dying of a virus and the band on the deck keeps playing, is that Nearer Thy God I hear?

But wtf?

WE are sooooooooooooo tired of this its been almost a whole 1/4 of a presidential campaign and its overblown and we really want to do shit and waiting until enough people have been vaccinated is such a buzzkill.

But its ok, cause deep down most people are good.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Not my comment but saw this posted on another forum.
    Attachment 350077
    And how many folks had masks? I hear in MT, "masks" is a curse word.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Teton pass ski resort opens tomorrow.
    Last edited by toastybroski; 11-28-2020 at 04:40 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I will say this, sure there were the odd knuckleheads not wearing their mask correctly and being lazy about it. Most people had theirs on correctly. Lifties were doing a good job of patrolling lines and asking people to pull their masks up if they had it lowered.

Yikes! Interested to see what the weather brings us in December ... I’m hoping atmospheric river of joy to take away the pain

Well we had fun. Glad they got the Bowl open. Not gonna stress about masks or lines, fuck it, I did not feel unsafe. Beautiful day. Here's one just for the halibut.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I did not feel unsafe. Fkna man. Like to hear that. Stoked to check it out tomorrow and smoke some rocks. Good variable pow skiing at Bridger today. Pretty fun teaching the kids to ski that stuff. Just go fast and jump off something!!!!

Ha. You will definitely smoke some rocks. Mr. K was the worst for that. The Bowl was funky snow but not awfully rocky. The amount of people wiping out in the chop was comical though. Looked like a battlefield. We lapped it a bunch just because it was the best of the variable options.

Lines are slow due to not grouping people together. Oh well. I will miss the chairlift conversations with strangers this year.

What's the old bumper sticker? Big sky, smoking rock since 78 or something or the good ol i can see ur tetons..

Skiing solo today I rode the chair with strangers all day. Luckily never actually sat right next to someone.

BB FWIW FYI yadda yadda have a great weekend

Skiing solo today I rode the chair with strangers all day. Luckily never actually sat right next to someone.
    Yeah, I'm sure I will pair up when I am solo if we can sit at opposite ends. Saw a lot of singles loading Swifty, even when the line was long. That's cool with me. People have that option this year. Whatever.

Honestly the only time I felt too "close" to people was on the gaper train, which I almost never ride but the fam wanted to. Today I will drop them off and happily walk from the lot. Fuck cramming onto that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure I will pair up when I am solo if we can sit at opposite ends. Saw a lot of singles loading Swifty, even when the line was long. That's cool with me. People have that option this year. Whatever.

Honestly the only time I felt too "close" to people was on the gaper train, which I almost never ride but the fam wanted to. Today I will drop them off and happily walk from the lot. Fuck cramming onto that thing.

Levinsky Lot. Easy walk up. Ski back to the car.

Levinsky Lot. Easy walk up. Ski back to the car.
    Is that the old 4wd lot or where?

It's down by da lake mon. It's the newer "RV" lot. Hang a right on Turkey Leg as you drive in. Basically downhill from what was the Gold lot last year.

Teton pass was so sick. Sorry not really SW montana but not sorry. I like how nothing was closed and there were 8 cars in the lot. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201128_183509292.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	350221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201128_180804132.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	350223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201128_181745372.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	350224
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201128_180858332.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	350222  

^^Sweet man, that place is really cool. I gotta get back there this year. Eight cars in the lot isn't going to keep the lifts spinning, though, so that worries me. The problem with that place has always been it's middle of nowhere location. Much easier for Great Falls skiers to drive to Showdown. I hope it works out for Teton Pass though, because it's such an outstanding setting on the Rocky Mountain Front.

Awesome Toasty. Will be making a trip up there this year for sure.

^^Sweet man, that place is really cool. I gotta get back there this year. Eight cars in the lot isn't going to keep the lifts spinning, though, so that worries me. The problem with that place has always been it's middle of nowhere location. Much easier for Great Falls skiers to drive to Showdown. I hope it works out for Teton Pass though, because it's such an outstanding setting on the Rocky Mountain Front.
    Didn't it sell for only $350k a couple years ago? It's crazy that even Choteau is 50 mins from the ski area and nothing in between. Some MASSIVE lots of land for sale out there if you happen to have like 4000 head of cattle and don't like people at all.

That's what I was thinking the whole time. How on earth they stay in business. It was such a good spot. I'm so thankful for what they do but no way that place can last.

^ did u hike the peak?

Didn't it sell for only $350k a couple years ago? It's crazy that even Choteau is 50 mins from the ski area and nothing in between. Some MASSIVE lots of land for sale out there if you happen to have like 4000 head of cattle and don't like people at all.
    Yes, and I believe it was bought by former employees from the New Zealand owner who turned out to be a nut case. Choteau is a weird place no matter how you slice it. Buddy of mine has owned a commercial building in downtown Choteau and has been trying to sell it for years, and got very little interest. Then a few weeks ago some Texans who moved to town made an offer. They signed a buy/sell agreement and were very far along in the process. Then they started to chisel him on little things, and he resisted. Then they made fun of him for wearing a mask when they were meeting, and he said fuck you and walked away from the deal. Can't make this shit up. 2020

Yeah, I spent the night in Choteau once lol. Town isn't terrible, but it just feels like you are in Saskatchewan or something.

I didn't see a single mask out of 15 people in the gas station. On another note since the entire place was somewhat ungroomed, I remembered how much I despise my black crows. They are so fucking flexy in shitty variable snow.

But they rip groomers which is a great quality in a backcountry ski...

That was honestly one of the best resort experiences I've had in such a long time. I never waited behind a single person. Their terrain is pretty good to, especially the hike to stuff, plus no rules like closed runs? Sick.

Yes, and I believe it was bought by former employees from the New Zealand owner who turned out to be a nut case. Choteau is a weird place no matter how you slice it. Buddy of mine has owned a commercial building in downtown Choteau and has been trying to sell it for years, and got very little interest. Then a few weeks ago some Texans who moved to town made an offer. They signed a buy/sell agreement and were very far along in the process. Then they started to chisel him on little things, and he resisted. Then they made fun of him for wearing a mask when they were meeting, and he said fuck you and walked away from the deal. Can't make this shit up. 2020
    Just the pronunciation of the place tells you that it's weird. I found this out a couple months after I moved to Montana and talked to a group of former Great Fallings, somehow I was the first one to bring up the name of the place.

It's sho doe instead of sha toe.