Page 373 of 891 FirstFirst ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 22256
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    keep hitting repeat on the video

Man that looks nice, BLOWER pow at Bridger is hard to top. Great video!

Mag "usedatele" is the vid man now, right bobbybill? Or are you still in there some?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    Attachment 309994
    Fat
    Attachment 309995
    Some empty chairs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Man that looks nice, BLOWER pow at Bridger is hard to top. Great video!

Mag "usedatele" is the vid man now, right bobbybill? Or are you still in there some?
    Thanks for watching! Yup, I'm still here doing the snowphone/snow report and daily vid 4 days a week with our mutual buddy you reference handling the other 3 days. Have made a lot of daily videos over the years, but the pow days still get the juices flowing! We'll keep an eye out for you if you make a trip home this winter.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Guys are booking a condo on the Moonlight Basin side - I think on Saddle Ridge. Obviously will have to drive to any nightlife, but what do we need to know about apres beers that usually last longer than you think they will. Shuttles back to the moonlight side exist, right? A lift that runs a little later to get over the ridge? We've been (self) punked before by staying out too long and then scrambling to find a ride back to the bed.

Also a few will need demos. Any Mag run places on the way up the mountain (or on the mountain)?
    Who knows, maybe there's a couple Uber drivers that work the mountain village/Moonlight etc. Might be worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Saddle Ridge isn't a bad location if you are here to ski. Big Sky has grown but real ski town night life? Not so much. Usually it means beers and bed. Scissorbills next to Lone Mountain Sports is the only non-corp. watering hole on the hill. Quasi-locals hangout, occasionally some live music. The real "action" is down in the meadow.

https://www.visitbigsky.com/plan-you...etting-around/ Doesn't look like Moonlight has much to offer. If you are booking through one of the lodging companies rather than AirBnB, they do offer some bellman type transportation from the Big Sky base area to the Moonlight Lodge area, tip the driver.

Lone Mountain Sports has good gear and a great staff.

Black Tie will deliver and set you up in the comfort of your living room.

East Slope Anglers is down near the entrance. No a Mag but Super Dave is good folks.
    Thanks Bunion - yes, here to ski, but one of the divorced guys thinks he is 25 again. So we humor him with a bar trip or two.

Will post up again as we arrive and maybe meet up with some of you for on ground advice.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Absolutely. Unlike most here, I'm wanking exclusively at Bridger this season so let's see how your plans evolve and take it from there.
    No sweat. Will circle back once I figure out a plan.

Thanks for watching! Yup, I'm still here doing the snowphone/snow report and daily vid 4 days a week with our mutual buddy you reference handling the other 3 days. Have made a lot of daily videos over the years, but the pow days still get the juices flowing!
    My man! Love the videos and watch every day. I always thought it was really cool that our local mtn does these and surprised others haven't followed.

In 15 years of skiing BB, I've only made the video once. That day was also the first time I ever got a shout-out first tracks down Bronco. It is still a highlight of my career.

BB had a heavy crowd pack and a bit of wind at the starting bell, but the wind laid down and some glorious runs were had before the masses mobbed it.

Parking was a zoo when I pulled out at 11:30 and the cars were still coming up the canyon.

No sweat. Will circle back once I figure out a plan.

My man! Love the videos and watch every day. I always thought it was really cool that our local mtn does these and surprised others haven't followed.

In 15 years of skiing BB, I've only made the video once. That day was also the first time I ever got a shout-out first tracks down Bronco. It is still a highlight of my career.
    We can hook up for some laps and make you famous , or infamous, anytime if you're itching for another shot at glory! Cheers!
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

I’ll be up at BB tomorrow for my first day of the season. All black with Hoji’s.

That footy is awesome. I feel like I could roll that for 50 miles without stopping. Soooooo Tittaaaaaaaayz.

The final dude augering is sweet. Left that gear about 30 yards uphill.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    one of the divorced guys thinks he is 25 again. So we humor him with a bar trip or two.
    Remind your divorced friend some call this state "Mantana" for a reason. The words "meadow" and "action" in the same sentence is funny to me, but hey everything is impossible to those unwilling to try.

Didn't see White Room today which is strange as BS was pretty empty. There was a grumpy dude with camo bibs impersonating WRG who didn't understand "change for nickle?" Took awhile to open up Challenger, Powder Seeker, Sheddy and Dakota but the snow was great in place and not many people enjoying it. The tram opened for scenic rides. Looked like the exit chute (or Stutzman's) slid in the bowl today.

Need to put on green wax as my skis had no glide this morning in the cold snow. Tonight is the Wolf Moon.

Looked like the exit chute (or Stutzman's) slid in the bowl today.
    7 days in a row FTW! (Liberty is actually Stutzmans Bowl), that big freaking rock about 3/4 of the way out/below the turkey traverse is Stutzmans rock though.

Brought home a pair of sticks to wax for the cold.

Down tomorrow but probably a groomer kinda day.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Down tomorrow but probably a groomer kinda day.
    Ping me if you want company cutting corduroy for awhile tomorrow, I have been owning White Wing lately.

Anyone in Bozeman got an extra P18 heelpiece they'd be willing to part with?

Edit: got it sorted. PhD skis still rules.
    Last edited by NWFlow; 01-10-2020 at 06:20 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    No mags spotted today. Skied some challenger laps and then andesite shady side trees. Every time we heard Dak/Shed was open we would head that way and it was closed. I don't know how we goofed that up.

Also, Swifty shit the bed again? Lots of really hard stops around noonish and then when we tried to do a last lap before 3 it was already closed.

If the wind doesn't blow too hard there could be some good stuff open tomorrow with two days of fresh snow.

Very limited amount time to get out so far this season. Pretty ugly looking snowpack in terms of persistent weak layers. Gonna take more than a few avalanche cycles to wash that dirty laundry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	310095

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0810.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1,014.5 KB 
ID:	310096

All the comments about people must have never skied Vail, Vermont etc....

I think that's the fucking point, but whatever its snowing so go skiing and have fun!

We can hook up for some laps and make you famous , or infamous, anytime if you're itching for another shot at glory! Cheers!

Take. My. Money.

Take. My. Money.
    Don't get too excited... he doesn't even let you ride the Poma.

Thanks for watching! Yup, I'm still here doing the snowphone/snow report and daily vid 4 days a week with our mutual buddy you reference handling the other 3 days. Have made a lot of daily videos over the years, but the pow days still get the juices flowing! We'll keep an eye out for you if you make a trip home this winter.
    Bummed I can't leave messages for Matt and Nick anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Spud, I can't pass on Big Sky today. Looks like another 5-6" overnight.

Dis gon be good.

6 inches in my driveway, temp +11F, winds calm

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

leaving in about an hour.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Spud, I can't pass on Big Sky today. Looks like another 5-6" overnight.

Dis gon be good.
    Get after it!

Hope all you fellas enjoy the Really Big. For my part, I'm going to take the lab out to Texas Meadows to tire her out.