Page 171 of 890 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 22245
    Also if any of y'all want to take some laps at the really big this winter with a reformed park rat who has two rods in her leg, hit me up. No burly cliff drops for me these days but I'm always down for some south face pow laps or swifty stashes.
    Last edited by Swiftybish; 11-23-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    ^^^ Nice. Maybe we can link some turns around Xmas if your not too busy.

Just got mold test results back, nothing known to be Toxic! They tested for Stachybotrys, penicillium, and aspergillus, all negative.

So glad, I was honestly afraid they were going to have to rip up my bathroom and remediate everything, which would have taken 1-2 months. I was terrified I was going to be relegated to Tahoe this winter

They still will be going in and fixing the moisture problem that lead to the mold, I think theres a leak behind the wall, behind my shower/toilet. At least I can be sure they wont be stirring up black mold spores while I am in there now.

Gonna just get a HEPA, activated charcoal, and UV light Filter to get rid of any trace of non-toxic mold spores. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Go skiing?!

Seriously though did they test for any std's while they were there? Heard hill condos are ground zero....

Anywho, beehive is skiing pretty alright now. Needed a change of scenery and went for a stroll into the back basin to take a peek at SW. Couldn't convince myself the scree apron was good enough. Nice day though.

I used to work with this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Hey guys, Daph here. Finally made an account after creeping for years. I'm the "NS girl" referenced a couple times here and there hah. Glad to finally be able to contribute to the convo. I'm lift maintenance for Big Sky, going on 4 years of that and before I was the "friendly" neighborhood swifty lifty for 3 winters! Lots of snow up here. We've been jammin pretty hard all fall getting things ready. Looks like we will have a way better opening this winter than last year
    Swiftybish!

You do good work. Welcome to the dark side!

(Regan)

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^Looks like Old Faithful.

Welcome Swiftybish. I think I've seen you around.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    ^^Looks like Old Faithful.

Small blonde in all black with a permanent scowl? Definitely me haha. Gotta play the part of a jaded mechanic

Small blonde in all black with a permanent scowl? Definitely me haha. Gotta play the part of a jaded mechanic
    You'll fit in around here.

Anyone have any beta or have been out to the Tobacco Roots lately? Thinking of taking a stroll out there this long weekend
    "Totally Wicked"

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Same here, I know you. Next time I see you I will ask for change.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by chris.goodhue View Post
    Anyone have any beta or have been out to the Tobacco Roots lately? Thinking of taking a stroll out there this long weekend
    You could prob get ahold of drew at the yurt for conditions round bell lake. I was up south meadow and granite two separate weekends before this recent snow and there was very little snow but have no idea now.

Also check snotels. Imo not always very helpful but give another idea.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Go skiing?!

Seriously though did they test for any std's while they were there? Heard hill condos are ground zero....

Anywho, beehive is skiing pretty alright now. Needed a change of scenery and went for a stroll into the back basin to take a peek at SW. Couldn't convince myself the scree apron was good enough. Nice day though.
    Zach/Thom??

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Zach/Thom??

Nope.

Early season opener for BB.

Abundant early season snowfall will enable Bridger Bowl to open earlier than originally planned for the upcoming season.

The ski area now plans to open on Friday, November 24, the day following Thanksgiving, and will operate on the following schedule until full-time daily operations commence on Friday, December 8:

November 24–26 (Friday–Sunday)
    December 1–3 (Friday–Sunday)
    https://bridgerbowl.com/

Fuck yeah!

It's been a promising start down here, too...fingers crossed that the weather stays in winter mode.

Had to spend the evening at work mentally pinching myself again over the last 2 days...Me and 'ol pnut had quite the stellar day, Novembruary sure has been incredible. Hopefully they don't push that opening date up any further, hehe, I love sleeping in a bit then skiing pow all day!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Fear not, We are in the midst of mandatory training. This weekend was medical, next week is snow/avalanche and other fun topics. Lots of set up to do that I won't get to take part in. I was going to opt for full retirement but talked myself into a bullpen slot instead.

The day after Turkey day is what is possible.

Meanwhile everyone seems quite content to hike and ski. Probably 200 people up on Saturday crawling all over the place and compacting and stabilizing. Looks like great weather for the near term. Not excessively cold or warm and maybe a little snow tomorrow night. As long as the arctic air stays away we may build a more stable base layer than usual.

Good news all around! Hope you just get to ski a bunch this year man! Although there are indeed gaggles of kids up there, they all go to the same spots up Pierre's and Bronco. It actually seems like there's less traffic than usual if you venture out just a little bit.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

It is quite funny to look up at the mountain from the parking lot/road. Bronco is totally tracked out, yet a few 100 yrds in either direction there's untouched snow.

Hoping for powder seeker opening weekend at BS, they want challenger as well but from our end it's just not feasible, just got the new rope on and spliced and we still have to put all the chairs back on in addition to getting the new comm line wired on swifty etc. Looking at a way better opener than last year, I know y'all were really looking forward to explorer only though haha

Hoping for powder seeker opening weekend at BS, they want challenger as well but from our end it's just not feasible, just got the new rope on and spliced and we still have to put all the chairs back on in addition to getting the new comm line wired on swifty etc. Looking at a way better opener than last year, I know y'all were really looking forward to explorer only though haha

LRT Traverse like in the old days!

Do the best you can and it will be fine. Tell Durham hello.

Wait, a one year old chair needs a new haul rope?

I have seen Challenger open on opening day (was it 2010 or 2011 ?), saw some destroyed skis by 9:30am that day

I also remember The Triple being open with boot deep, and scenic Tram rides on opening day.

And last year, while bad, was not nearly the worst opening day I have seen. I think it was 97 or 98, Explorer only, no snow at all, just manmade clear ice. That sucked.

Either way, skiing is fun.