Page 372 of 401 FirstFirst ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 10007
    Did a couple Liberty laps late in the day and then rode Dakota. Wow, Dakota Bowl and rope line are basically unskiable scree fields right now.

Later talked to a patroller who had just come down Lenin. Asked if there was any chance of Lenin/Marx opening any time soon and he said nope. I asked is it because of the rocks or snowpack. He said snowpack.

Apparently Obsidian slid yesterday too. Just one of those seasons I guess. Hope it turns around.
    Last edited by yeahman; 01-08-2020 at 09:21 PM.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

...if I could have a sit down with the dickhead who rattle canned the Bear Slayer...

Maybe itís punk rock and I just sold out a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Strange unidentified flaky white stuff on the ground in Bozeman. This is weird.

Yeah looks like a few inches on the BS stake. Psyched to ski a little fresh today, let's hope it keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Strange unidentified flaky white stuff on the ground in Bozeman. This is weird.
    That is really strange. Coincidently another angry inch of white flakey stuff fell here at 6800 overnight too.

Snowing at my place right now.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Finally a decent pow day at Bridger and wouldn't you know it I have a dentist appt at 9.

But I'll be heading up afterwards. Blue Mammut coat, brown pants, and shitty form.

Pretty weird to wake up to a dusting of what I think is snow with more coming down.

Envious of anybody who can get out today, I'm cooped up in my office living the dream.

Alms offered to Ullr
    In bound in <48 hrs
    🤞

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Finally a decent pow day at Bridger and wouldn't you know it I have a dentist appt at 9.
    You skied with 4 dentists yesterday. Your teeth looked fine to me. Just floss more and send me a check for one-fiddy.

Enjoy first chair.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Chally skiing fat this morning, seemed closer to 8 inches of really nice pow.

Madison side morning was nice and fluffy.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Chally skiing fat this morning, seemed closer to 8 inches of really nice pow.
    Actually saw Yeahman at a distance couple of times while lapping Challenger this morning. Lots of surprisingly deep stashes around despite Challenger getting loaded up as the Dakota and Sheddy took awhile to open. It is snowing now, perhaps the tide is finally coming in.

Got to share a run and a couple lifts with Bunion this afternoon, that was cool.

Zack at Big Sky Sports in the MM punched my shells yesterday after skiing. Wow, what a huge difference, wish I'd done it last year. Stupid! Anyway, he's done bootfitting for me before, and also for my wife, and always with good results. Two thumbs up for Zack, he's a nice guy and knows what he's doing.

Bridger today was sawheet.

The stoke is high.

5 headed that way 1st week of Feb. Does the Big (or Bridger) sell advance tickets at the local Costco? I surprisingly saw Whitefish tickets in the Missoula Costco today.

Guessing the answer is no.

The stoke is high.
    !!!
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

Good strafing Horseshoe with ya Yeahman.

Iowagriz, I am unaware of any deals like Costco these days.

???
    https://www.liftopia.com/big-sky?gcl...BoCbN0QAvD_BwE

Wow, day rate is insane.
    Ooof!

Thanks Bunion - didn't think so.

Two day advance purchase for $250 - then we will likely head to Bridger for a day. Can't believe I'll say it, but 2 for $250 doesn't seem as bad as expected.

The stoke is high.
    True dat. Tomorrow will likely be busy. Hope we are out of the drought and back into the swing of things.

The stoke is high.
    Nice! You getting out this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Tomorrow will likely be busy.
    No doubt. I was surprised at how mellow it was yesterday. We didn't get over to Slushmans until around 11:30 or so but never waited more than 5 minutes.

I got what I needed so gonna rest today and keep hitting repeat on the video. Man that was perfect snow.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Nice! You getting out this weekend?
    Absolutely. Gonna make a game time decision but right now looking like Big Sky Saturday and Bridger Sunday.

Want to meet up for a few laps?

Want to meet up for a few laps?
    Absolutely. Unlike most here, I'm wanking exclusively at Bridger this season so let's see how your plans evolve and take it from there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	309994
    Fat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109b.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	773.2 KB 
ID:	309995
    Some empty chairs
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

From today's Bozone fishwrapper.
    bozemandailychronicle.com
    Bridger Bowl experience must be preserved

The board of directors that oversees Bridger Bowl Ski Area has an important mission in front of it: accommodating the growing crowds that threaten to overrun the growingly popular mountain.

To southwest Montana’s recent, non-skiing arrivals, grousing about long lift lines and crowded slopes and food services may seem like much ado about nothing. But Bridger Bowl has a long and storied history of making skiing accessible and affordable to locals. And it’s one of just a handful of community-owned nonprofit ski hills left in the nation. Shares in the organization can be bought for a nominal amount and entitle the holders to help set policy by voting in board elections.

All that history makes Bridger more than just an artifact. It is a critical component of the outdoor lifestyle of this mountain community. And it is vital its place in the local recreation scene be preserved.
    Thank you for reading!

Started by ski enthusiasts in the 1950s with a simple rope tow to get skiers up the mountain and a primitive hut in which to warm up and eat lunch, Bridger to this day bucks the national trend toward corporation-owned ski hills that have pushed lift ticket prices into the stratosphere and turned the sports of skiing and snowboarding into activities exclusively for the wealthy. A recent Montana State University study found some 73% of Bridger skiers are Montanans compared to just 17% at the for-profit Big Sky Resort.

Bridger has enjoyed steady growth over the years. But the recent surge in local population is pushing the hill beyond its limits. Skier visits in 1918 were up 20% over the previous year to nearly 300,000 and the previous year saw 25,000 more skier days than the year before that. That puts unprecedented strain on the hill’s infrastructure and frustration on the faces of visitors.

Board members share that frustration and admit they are running out of ideas. But they must put preserving the Bridger experience at the top of their list of priorities. To do that they will have to make some tough and sometimes unpopular decisions. And they will need the cooperation of the Forest Service — which controls much of the ski slopes — and the support of the community.

The alternative is to hand it over to a corporation driven by the profit motive. And nobody but the corporations should want that.
    How in the holy name of hell did these fucking wanking morons reach that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Absolutely. Unlike most here, I'm wanking exclusively at Bridger this season so let's see how your plans evolve and take it from there.
    In response to your PM, patience grasshopper.
    Ooof!