Page 190 of 891 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 22259
    Read that. Total bummer. Anyone hear the details?

I guess it was Thursday. 37 years old from Washington, D.C.

Is BS skiing good enough to burn a MSAA Monday? Gotta visit on slow Mondays, kinda sick of our same old same old snow over here.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I guess it was Thursday. 37 years old from Washington, D.C.
    Heard he went into the trees near the Madison base on Elkhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Heard he went into the trees near the Madison base on Elkhorn.
    Maybe trying to milk some pow turns on the edge of the run and flew into a tree? Seen that happen more than once. Who knows. Skiing is such a joyous activity, it's a rude awakening when something like this happens. Seen in the bar at Great Divide:

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    Is BS skiing good enough to burn a MSAA Monday? Gotta visit on slow Mondays, kinda sick of our same old same old snow over here.
    Mondays are nice and empty usually. Short tram line = good skiing. And with so many varied aspects it is a rare day when good snow can't be found somewhere on Lone Peak.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    FYI, they just put up all these brand new "Moonlight Employee Parking Only" signs in the pony lot. Don't know if they are actually enforcing or anything.

The horror
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    Unless there is some fresh snow overnight and you can check the weather stations on mountain, you might want to wait. Conditions are fine, but powder is involving some searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    FYI, they just put up all these brand new "Moonlight Employee Parking Only" signs in the pony lot. Don't know if they are actually enforcing or anything.
    Wonder who and what employees will actually park there.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Unless there is some fresh snow overnight and you can check the weather stations on mountain, you might want to wait. Conditions are fine, but powder is involving some searching.
    x2, Lenin was nice wind groomed skiing and most of the mountain was skiing well but, I guess we are getting a bit spoiled. I would give today a 5 out of 10.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Couple of screen grabs from the weekend

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Plan A was a recon mission, plan B was a bust (bad snow), plan C (not pictured) worked out well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Windy as fuck today. Last 4 towers on Swiftcurrent were absolutely brutal. A couple inches fell in the afternoon, so the actual skiing was pretty good. Very warm too.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

This weekend, I'll be getting my first lift-served days this year at the really Big. I'll be skiing with family but will probably have time in the afternoon to get away for a few laps if anyone wants to ski off the tram or show me around some of the dicier inbounds chutes. I will bring along beacon/shovel/probe as well. The forecast looks great! Down for a drink or two afterward as well if anyone is interested.

^^ sent you a PM about apres-drinks.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Probably be down in Sunday for Super Bowl festivities and some skiing beforehand.

If the Tram line isn't tragic and weather permitting, perhaps a N. Summit lap.

I will also PM a cell #.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Damn, would love to do some laps with you guys this weekend. I will be in NJ for 3 days Enjoy the snow!

^^^ thanks for takin one for the team.

Now I believe it will snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ thanks for takin one for the team.

Now I believe it will snow.
    Never fails!

Red Lodge backcountry

Is anyone skiing backcountry in the Red Lodge area? I understand its a bit sparse in access until the pass opens. Would like to get an intro to some local winter zones though.

I saw the sign at the buffalo jump saying buy one get one lift tickets, not sure if that's for big sky or Bridger, can anyone confirm? Great deal if legit, one of the only discount ticket deals I've seen this year

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    I saw the sign at the buffalo jump saying buy one get one lift tickets, not sure if that's for big sky or Bridger, can anyone confirm? Great deal if legit, one of the only discount ticket deals I've seen this year
    Whoa! Info would be great. Esp online ordering and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Huh. They've always done a free beer with big sky pass. Hadn't heard anything bout tickets but haven't been that way recently. Thought new management was big sky folk so maybe something new? That would be cool.

Just called. It's buy one beer get one free with a lift ticket.

Damn it is skiing nice off the tram today. Sugary windblown pow. Did my first Couloir lap since knee surgery a couple years ago. It was a mental thing.

I'm driving up solo from Glenwood Saturday and staying through Tuesday. I'm planning on skiing Big Sky and/or Bridger. Probably staying in Bozeman. I'd be happy to ski with any of you guys Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. I'll be in a pink fart bag with blue sleeves, hard to miss.