Page 161 of 891 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 22259
    Do you guys have any shot at corn conditions later this week? Been meaning to tour something east of Missoula for a while now...

Looking for potential partners for a Teton trip this week, PM me if interested

Corn is probably ripe today, tomorrow looks to be good as well. Wish I could get out with you guys but I am not able to get out again till after the 16th. Wishing you all fruitful mountain voyages, post some pics!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

I took advantage of Saturday's nighttime temps to get out into YNP. Leaving home an hour later than I'd hoped, I was worried that things would have turned to mush by the time I got to Sylvan Pass...but as it turns out, the north-facing stuff I had my eye on never softened, so I took advantage of a south-facing alternative for a wonderful corn harvest.

The stuff that stayed firm and thus I skipped:

Fun turns down a softer aspect:

View of Yellowstone Lake:

East winds did a number on the Bridgers, lots of weird wind affect and scouring today

The population of Big Sky just keeps growing. Local mag AustinFromSA and ripping skier Mrs. Austin just added a beautiful baby girl to their family !

Congrats Dude !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That seems alot more to the side than most would expect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Less competition in the Red Lodge side country too

Speaking of non-lift-served near Red Lodge, I managed to do a bit of corn harvesting yesterday...it was amazing both how good the snow as given my leisurely start and how much of the snow on the unplowed road melted out between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.:

Depending on this week's weather, it may be possible to drive pretty damn close to the Reefer Ridge exit point by opening day on Friday, at least with enough clearance and the right tires.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Depending on this week's weather, it may be possible to drive pretty damn close to the Reefer Ridge exit point by opening day on Friday, at least with enough clearance and the right tires.
    Revise that to "enough clearance on your side-by-side or quad." Skied Reefer today; the normal-vehicle parking is still a bit over two miles from the exit line. Last week's snow bridges were nowhere to be found, but we managed to stay dry crossing the creek nonetheless. Overall, things on the pass seem to be in damn good shape; snowbanks are far higher than they've been since I moved here (this is my third spring), lots of lines are more filled in, and even long-time locals are saying that it's looking pretty damn good. Weather yesterday was a bit overcast and kept things firm until later in the day; today was bluebird and made for excellent skiing in a lot of spots (we still managed to find some refrozen debris in a couloir, but that's adventure, right?)

reefer ridge is pretty awesome.....need to plan a trip back to the red lodge area... thanks for sharing

Got back out there today and skied the longer couloir. I think I'll ready to dial things back a notch tomorrow.

Last edited by anotherVTskibum; 05-29-2017 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Fix the image link

If you are looking for some serious laughs, come up to Big Sky Resort sometime this week. They are hosting an annual conference for some group called THE KRYONS. Not sure what they are exactly, they wear flowing white robes and worship UFO's or some crazy extraterrestrial shit. I have talked to a few of them today they are batshit crazy.

Link: http://www.kryon.com/seminar%20image...TONE-MAIN.html
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Do you guys have any idea if the conditions would make it worth dragging all my ski gear out and taking it from Indiana to Montana? I am going to a friends wedding the 17th down in town. I would be willing to go to Beehive Basin or as far the Great One just north of Bridger if the conditions would be worth a damn. I will be in town June 13-19th or should I just mountain bike?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    Do you guys have any idea if the conditions would make it worth dragging all my ski gear out and taking it from Indiana to Montana? I am going to a friends wedding the 17th down in town. I would be willing to go to Beehive Basin or as far the Great One just north of Bridger if the conditions would be worth a damn. I will be in town June 13-19th or should I just mountain bike?

Thanks
    I have no idea what conditions are like at Beehive or north of Bridger. If you want to come down and hit the Beartooth Pass, the answer is a resounding yes.

Enjoy the pictures and if you have a mind to, check out the BS webcams. 6" new and still snowing.

Not a great time to be seeking housing beta. If you FB there is a Big Sky page for things for sale. Often there are housing posts. Other than that and the Outlaw, just get your ass out here early and beat the brush like everyone else.

Raining and have the day off, figured i'd button up a TR i made for a trip to the Lyngen Alps this spring. Pretty much hijacked the page. Check them out if you have some time to waste.
    First segment is here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Photos-Part-1

Heres some local stoke
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080329.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	725.0 KB 
ID:	208039

Name:	P1080099.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	208040

Name:	P1080728.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	825.7 KB 
ID:	208041

Name:	P1080139.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	824.7 KB 
ID:	208042

Name:	P1080631.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	208043

Name:	IMG_3010.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	795.0 KB 
ID:	208045

Name:	IMG_2989.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	208046

Name:	IMG_2983.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	208047

Name:	IMG_2957.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	208048
    Some photos by Jupski. Lets see some more from that rad post season.
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Pretty awesome man, not a lot of windows to hit those great lines in such perfect conditions. Those 2 days you guys had there are as special as it gets, lifetime vivid memories type shit...The spirit of The Crow (Sick Bird?) apparently deemed you as the chosen guests of honor in it's sacred lair this year.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMtnBoarder91 View Post
    Hello everyone this is my 1st post.

I am back in Indiana for the summer living vicariously though your pictures and posts. I had a great time in big sky last winter from after christmas until the end of the season and then road tripped with friends through southern utah. Never really seen the desert so that blew my mind as much as all the snow at big sky. Anyhow I am planning to retun next season and try and stay on and get my residency and into msu. Is there a good source of housing information anyone can recommend. Last winter I got to big sky just after christmas and it was really hard to find a place. I ened up renting a large walk in closet from some other friends and that was ok but they have moved on.
    Thanks for any tips and I cant wait for next winter. Please keep posting good things it will make summer here more bearable.
    The Big Sky Housing Network Facebook page is definitely the best place to find a rental. Good luck.

Got a couple of shorter couloirs in today after hanging out at the Basin yesterday and watching the FWQ event, which included some pretty damn bad-ass skiing.

In hindsight, we should have just booted back up the first one to get back to the car; trying to head out the next gully over meant we were climbing a slightly less-steep slope, but one that had largely melted out and featured a scree sufferfest that was definitely Type-2 fun.

Cool shots! Keep shredding. Wow, that cornice is...a monstrosity. Looks like a hanging glacier.

Last-minute note, but Beartooth Basin will be spinning lifts tonight 6-9 p.m. in celebration of the solstice. $30 tickets, should be a pretty cool time.

Thank you for sharing the goods.

It's not quite as filled in as it was a month ago, but Hidden is still skiing rather nicely (suncups aside):

Hanging looks a bit more sporting. I decided against the twofer this morning:

Hourglass on Gardiner Headwall skied rather nicely yesterday, and the choke point wasn't yet as bad as it looks from the parking lot (it may get there soon, though):

Total sickness