Page 336 of 884 FirstFirst ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 22081
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I thought you were going to join the Big Sky ski ballet team get a free season pass, depot passes for your friends) and ski in a plaid jacket that many admire? Did Harry's goon marmot come back with bad information?
    I reached out to Harry's contact back in March or April and never heard anything back, so figured they were full.

I like not bunions write off idea. I made several contacts on the chairlift last season. That's marketing, no?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My tax person says yes to that and a golf pass, I carry my cards with me and make it a point to chat folks up.

As a Dirt Pimp I would say you are golden, if you want her contact info, pm me.

Yeahman you are pretty much dead on about the drift of things at the really Big. It will only get worse.

I keep hoping for new owners but the reality is that it is a business predicated on making $$$ and that means any and all revenue streams.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I reached out to Harry's contact back in March or April and never heard anything back, so figured they were full.
    The word from the Goon Marmot is the ski ballet team is supposed to get two or three times bigger. I have a pair of 70's vintage Olin 153 ski ballet skis you can use for the try outs.

I am no CPA, but you may want to document the contacts you made and clints you took skiing to write off the gold & season passes.

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn recently?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    But did you stay at a Holiday Inn recently?
    Being a road warrior I have stayed at many Holiday Inns, Marriotts, Hyatts, Ramadas, Hiltons and 3rd world flea bags. I am fortunate to have worked with some brilliant Finance people and tax attorneys, some of their wisdom did get imparted to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1856.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	293338

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I double-dog-dare Talisman to call that number.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

bronz here....skins and sled docked close and ready to go fo the off days
    im training for ak right now, but my ak is really bs in mt
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Pay parking will be a reality within 3-5 years if not sooner, only way to reduce the traffic and encourage more ride sharing.
    this is when hill condos will really pay dividends
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    this is when hill condos will really pay dividends
    If they are still standing......

Heh.

The renovation work is alot more in depth than I thought. On some units they are going as far as replacing some structural stuff. New insulation, sheathing, and siding on most of the work I have seen. Really doing a good job. Prices were already nuts. Will only get crazier when the work is done.

The 3 Ls...........

The 3 Ls...........
    I am reading this thread about parking and lockers and it makes me so thankful for my L

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I am reading this thread about parking and lockers and it makes me so thankful for my L
    I am also grateful for my location, but the lesson from Vail development is any structure is a potential knockdown for a spot to build something new.

lol...
    but with the new metal and hardi board wrap being installed ....think frozen package of biscuits...should get us another half century i guess...

btw...
    look fwd to skiing again with all you guys this season!
    www.freeridesystems.com

I keep wondering when and how Cedar Creek condos will be bought and knocked down for some sort of fancy hotel or building. How would a developer buy out every owner? But the L makes it seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    I keep wondering when and how Cedar Creek condos will be bought and knocked down for some sort of fancy hotel or building. How would a developer buy out every owner? But the L makes it seem likely.
    That's the rub. Prices on Cedar and Hill Condos are at a place now that a straight buyout would be utterly insane. Even for some super deep Vail sized pockets. 30-40M to buy out just the hills assuming everyone agrees to sell for cash at approx current market value. That's super rough armchair math. Knock down 180 units and build 40-60 large high end units for 1.5-2M each? Build a chair that goes across the road and lands essentially where the hill condos dumpsters are now or the hill satellite parking.

Actually the more I think about it the more likely it seems in the next 10-15 years assuming the mega pass trains keep rolling.

But, clearly I'm not a golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    How would a developer buy out every owner?
    The straight forward approach is buying out the owners. The cheaper way is buying enough units to control the HOA votes. There is likely a legal approach involving MT law pertaining to property partitions. Knockdowns are big $, but are getting more frequent in resort towns.

Bunion provided the Big Sky example of the parcel where the Big Horn condos are now once was the Deer lodge complex.

Prices were already nuts. Will only get crazier when the work is done.
    What are they going for these days? Back when I started shopping in the area, when Big Sky was just beginning to recover from the last crash, you could find foreclosed and short-sale Hill Condos in the freaking TEENS!!! I found plenty of decent examples in the 30s-40s, albeit in need of a bit of TLC. Crazy to think about. In restrospect, I should've bought up half the damn complex! Lol. Shoulda woulda coulda, but alas...

The cheaper way is buying enough units to control the HOA votes.
    FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    What are they going for these days? Back when I started shopping in the area, when Big Sky was just beginning to recover from the last crash, you could find foreclosed and short-sale Hill Condos in the freaking TEENS!!! I found plenty of decent examples in the 30s-40s, albeit in need of a bit of TLC. Crazy to think about. In restrospect, I should've bought up half the damn complex! Lol. Shoulda woulda coulda, but alas...
    180's fixed up brah...high 180's going on $250, tlc units 160-170's ......for comparison ....cheapest walk to lift 1 br in coloraddo is like $400k and the ikon is bringing those buyers to bs....

those shoshone bs condotels up close are like $270k, but have $2000 month hoa fees, and owners cant reside there for more than X number of days,...so hill is one of the best values and nothing priced close...u shoulda bought bunches of them....you'd b bilzilllionair
    www.freeridesystems.com

But, clearly I'm not a golfer.
    no

Attachment 293529
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Everybody clued in at the same time and that bank owned inventory disappeared overnight. I was just starting a big project up there and wifey and I started looking around the meadows for a place to hole up while working along with renting rooms out to out of town workers.

It turned out we weren't the only ones with that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    180's fixed up brah...high 180's going on $250, tlc units 160-170's ......for comparison ....cheapest walk to lift 1 br in coloraddo is like $400k and the ikon is bringing those buyers to bs....

those shoshone bs condotels up close are like $270k, but have $2000 month hoa fees, and owners cant reside there for more than X number of days,...so hill is one of the best values and nothing priced close...u shoulda bought bunches of them....you'd b bilzilllionair
    Cracking the 300k mark for the 2bd/2ba lofts gutted to the studs and finished up nicely.

Hill Condos have pretty high HOA's for what you get though don't they? I remember looking into it and thinking it seemed really out of whack for a place that piles snow directly up against the windows and walls of their own units. wtf

And I don't know what the special assessment was for all this renovation work that's being done but it was probably pretty beefy. Definitely needed though or those places were borderline condemnable. NB said at one point that none of those buildings even had plywood sheathing...they just slapped the siding right onto the framing. Hopefully they are addressing that with this reno work. I did see the new stairwells when I was looking at a couple units last year and they looked built to last, so there's that.