Page 381 of 884 FirstFirst ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 22099
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Very low stoke factor in this report.
    No shit. Amazing that we are sitting right at average snowpack cause it sure doesn't feel like it.

^^^ Well then I was wrong, mine was bigger.

Still a big slide though.

No shit. Amazing that we are sitting right at average snowpack cause it sure doesn't feel like it.
    October, other wise we would be fucked like a common house cat.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    There will still be good skiing on the darkside today. 1/64" will be just enough to re-fill some holes. If I wasn't working I would be shredding with maggots!

BB skied well today.

Anyone had less than great experiences with BSF the past two years? I don't want to air it here but shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    BB skied well today.

Anyone had less than great experiences with BSF the past two years? I don't want to air it here but shoot me a PM.
    BB was great today. No lines at Slushman's, at least not before 1 o'clock. Made for relatively quick laps of Jobs 1-3. Job 3 was still pretty sporty in the pinch, but otherwise the snow up in that area remains great.

Fun day skiing cruisers at the Really big. Finally had some visibility to show my friends from Maine around. One comment was, "Its like Snowbird/Alta had a love child". To which I replied, terrain wise yes, snow quantity, not so much but we make the best of it.

And yes that Crown on the NSS is impressive as hell.

Big Sky if you are listening, can you tell F&B that it would really help if you had more than 1 cashier at the Madison during lunch rush.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

No skiing for me this weekend. Instead, the sled is loaded and heading out for day 1. A friend and I are going to scout terrain south of Big Sky.

To get in the proper frame of mind, feel like I need to cue up some metal and slam a bunch of Red Bull. Motorsports ftw

If you are new to snowmo, be prepared to dig.

A lot.

Momentum is your friend, keep it and use it wisely.

Fantastic time skiing at big sky the last two days! Big shout out to whiteroom guardian and neat for showing me around the hill on my first day up there! Those two fucking rip and it was a blast chasing em around the mountain. And dammmmn is big sky legit, what a mountain! Great terrain with good snow, I was stoked to visit and hope to make it up again this year.

A couple pics of whiteroom, neat and my brother below

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Big Sky if you are listening, can you tell F&B that it would really help if you had more than 1 cashier at the Madison during lunch rush.
    Wait there were restaurant at the base and on the mountain at big sky?! Could have fooled me... Most mom and pop ski areas have more of a centralized welcoming base area than big sky IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Has the term Moonlight left the nomenclature?

Operated by Big Sky. So while the Madison area is still Moonlight the operation is Pure Boyne.

Wait there were restaurant at the base and on the mountain at big sky?! Could have fooled me... Most mom and pop ski areas have more of a centralized welcoming base area than big sky IMO.
    Noted and agree.

BTW you managed to fall in with a fast crowd, those guys do indeed rip. When/if you make it back this way, give a shout.

Sunrise at 7:30 this morning from the day skier parking lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2442.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	833.8 KB 
ID:	312457

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Name:	IMG_2902.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	978.2 KB 
ID:	312470

Amazing day today skiing in the backcountry south of Big Sky. 3200’ of perfect 30 degree powder turns.

Fun day. Spent a lot of time trying to getting on one ski and practice counter steering. The guys in the videos make it look so easy

For fun, I dug a pit on an E facing aspect. We know the snowpack has poor structure and we were not going into avalanche terrain. But I'm kind of a snow nerd and wanted to see what was happening.

Snow depth was 135 cm. Initial test went ectx.

The bottom 50 cm was sugary weak junk. It was just falling out of the pit wall. So I cleared the top 2' down to a weak layer and retested. Got it to propagate on the depth hoar.

Not sure how that test would be scored but it confirmed poor structure and poor stability. Might be hard to trigger but if you do the whole thing is going. Kind of what we've been seeing all year with deep slab avalanches.

Anyway, I'm worked and gonna be sore as shit tomorrow

6am driveway report (with pics !): 3 inches so far and still lightly snowing, wind calm, temp +24F

Name:	IMG_2449.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	312519

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    6am driveway report (with pics !): 3 inches so far and still lightly snowing, wind calm, temp +24F
    Why do these refresh systems occur when I am out of town?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Why do these refresh systems occur when I am out of town?
    You still gonna gone on Wednesday ?

If so, I predict 3 feet on Wanker Wednesday. Thanks BRO !

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    You still gonna gone on Wednesday ?

If so, I predict 3 feet on Wanker Wednesday. Thanks BRO !
    Yes I will be gone for Wanker Wednesday and I hope there is a three footer for the mags. Do you need to borrow powder boards or probe, transponder & shovel?

Made it up to BB for a couple of hours. Early on vis was tough

So we mostly played in the trees and the skiing was great.

Super steezy in the low angle pow

Skied BB with the Maine-iacs today.

Great day, high stoke level, good snow.

Beat.

BB was very nice today, and lots of happy kids charging the day off which was good to see.

I agree with the three previous posts, BB (particularly Ridge laps) were skiing very well today.

Anyone have a line on getting Big Sky tickets for an even marginally reasonable price?

Meeting up with some friends there this weekend and just checked ticket prices. Holy fuck those have gone up in price in the last couple years. 3 days of skiing is gonna cost me almost as much as my season pass in Whitefish.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Anyone have a line on getting Big Sky tickets for an even marginally reasonable price?

Meeting up with some friends there this weekend and just checked ticket prices. Holy fuck those have gone up in price in the last couple years. 3 days of skiing is gonna cost me almost as much as my season pass in Whitefish.
    Saw this on Craigslist:

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/tix/d...064162916.html

EDIT: There's another ad on there cheaper, but not a 406 area code and looks like a scam maybe.