Page 17 of 892 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Really like your 3rd and 4th shots there shred. Big fan of the sequences.

Thread is up with all my pictures, more will be going there as I finish with them:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...n-MT-Qualifier

Day 2 shots are up in the FWT thread. http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...n-MT-Qualifier

That one double/triple mandatory looks like class 4 to me. Is that what it is? Last year you could almost just ski down it. Times were good.

This one? I was wondering too. Is that Hells Half as a triple or Class 4? Nice shot there.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

class 4 2345

^correct. This is Hell's Half on the day of the comp:

Cool pics, great event. Is Red Lodge holding onto the snow alright? Thinking of making it our first stop This Fri/Sat en route to Big Sky. I see the temps have been very warm there compared to BS & the forecast is a little warmer & wetter. Thanks. Maybe we should try Bridger instead?

Don't know about Red Lodge but Bridger is done. Highly unlikely they will have anything but the very lower mtn, beginner terrain, open for the rest of the season.

OK thanks Catfish. Too bad, looks like Bridger just got going finally in February. As of the 25th Red Lodge was holding strong to the lodge base chair, but there were a few spots starting to show up on a youtube video. Didnt look promising for a horrendous warmup with T-storms. Would you recommend bypassing Red Lodge and continuing to Big Sky? I'm looking forward to Red Lodge but if it's completely sketch, with decent conditions down the road, it's sad, but it's a no brainer.

Big Sky was skiing well over the weekend. Fun, fast windbuff on more N facing aspects- Big Couloir, Gullies, Bowl, etc. with nice corn/slush over on Andesite. They have picked up some snow since then too so that would be my pick. I'm a big MLB fan also, headwaters should be pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by anemic View Post
    OK thanks Catfish. Too bad, looks like Bridger just got going finally in February. As of the 25th Red Lodge was holding strong to the lodge base chair, but there were a few spots starting to show up on a youtube video. Didnt look promising for a horrendous warmup with T-storms. Would you recommend bypassing Red Lodge and continuing to Big Sky? I'm looking forward to Red Lodge but if it's completely sketch, with decent conditions down the road, it's sad, but it's a no brainer.
    Are you going to be at Big Sky this weekend?

yes I am planning to ski Big Sky & Moonlight this weekend. Are you?

PS - you don't need to bring your camera for me - haha! it's GREAT seeing thru your lens what those kids can do! thank you!

Moonlight and Big Sky are definitely the way to go right now. It looks like we have some rain/snow coming our way, so keep higher on the mountain and you should be fine.

Everything that went down at Bridger today just adds insult to injury after such a mild (or non-existent) winter. The place has rad terrain, but once again I'm glad to be riding Big Sky. Not trying to start a debate here, as I legitimately feel sorry for the Bridger folks. In good news, skiing gnarlier and more exposed terrain all year likely has made everyone become a better skier.

Stay left.

Sweet video Eleventy! Seems like they've know about that shitty facet layer since early season. Sucks for the area this year, but live and learn!

Looking forward to next season already, think I'm gonna be a Bridger pass holder after 20 years of skiing montana snowbowl!

Apologies to Bobcat and anyone else, i never read the first post

and i heard snowbowl extended operations through 4/15, at least weekends

have they announced anything for BS or ML?

Nothing announced, nothing likely. Snow is melting fast up there and there are spots on the roads at Big Sky that won't last much longer, much less to closing on 4/15. Unless something big happens, I doubt it for BS. Bunion will know better about MB.

Nope, we are closing as scheduled on 4/8.

Supposed to be some deals this week for area pass-holders of areas like BB.

We are pretty thin and if the temps remain where they are supposed to we will just make it.

We have a TSP film shoot scheduled later in the week after we close and Big Sky will be open so we will be around taking down pads, ropes etc.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bun thanks for all the work you and your crew put in at ML this year. What's in store for your summer?

There was some coral reef action off Challenger this am at Big Sky. Everything else was slowly opening up. Heading back out after 1. Definitely was excited to wake up to fat flakes falling through the sky this morning.

It's serious dust in crust up here right now. Not a ton of fun. But it is nice to see snow

Went to big sky today - my bad, should've just stayed home. Conditions were awful - don't waste your time up there right now.

Funny.. because I was rather enjoying the over-the-head, wind-assisted, full-on face shots in the North Summit today. Couloir wasn't bad either.

PERSPECTIVE.
    Stay left.

The afternoon at Big Sky was pretty sweet IMO. Went up to the peak, couldn't see shit. Decided to come down Liberty to get some visibility back. Then did a couple laps on Shedhorn. Snow was perfect for high speed flow turns. Is what it is. April 1st baby