Page 195 of 891 FirstFirst ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 22264
    Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Super busy for a Tuesday. Excellent skiing today though. Couloir was awesome, super fun upslope grooming before noon, Upper A-Zs got skied hard and held up until closing. 7 skiers through the Little Couloir.

Outstanding sunny day in February.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Shane Coolidge back to ski the little!!!

I was wondering one thing. To ski the upper A-Zs you have to hike up the bootpack from the Q-ball?

Seems a little weird but I am not opposed.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I saw them doing that bootpack today...South facing pow in the afternoon still. Also think I might have seen and heard the dude you are talking about, he had just skied the apple core and was pretty stoked, said something about being back after being gone for a while. A bearded dude of around 45ish? Pretty cool to see the steeps setting up so well here for the second half of the season. I'm pretty excited about all that's still to come this year! Starting to think we should christen it "heaven-teen great-teen"?
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

7 down the little in one day? Damn.

I think most went thru the Apple Core entrance. The main Little looked like one big side step, from a patroller I am guessing?
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Ah. That makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Shane Coolidge back to ski the little!!!

I was wondering one thing. To ski the upper A-Zs you have to hike up the bootpack from the Q-ball?

Seems a little weird but I am not opposed.
    Yep sign out in the bowl shack and hike up the q-ball.

Yep legends all around us.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    I think most went thru the Apple Core entrance. The main Little looked like one big side step, from a patroller I am guessing?
    One patroller went through there on a fixed line.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Also think I might have seen and heard the dude you are talking about, he had just skied the apple core and was pretty stoked, said something about being back after being gone for a while. A bearded dude of around 45ish?
    That was him. Moved here from Aspen back in the early 90s. Helluva a skier, excellent patroller. Came over to Moonlight and worked lift Maint. for a few years then went back to BSSP where he fell for a co-worker babe who is now an MD.

Sick bicyclist as well. Back in the day he would load up a rigid mtn bike with road tires and a trailer in Big Sky and go for rides to places like, Moab.

Yep sign out in the bowl shack and hike up the q-ball.
    Nice, I was afraid you guys were letting people access it from the Headwaters hike.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    One patroller went through there on a fixed line.

Sounds like you're a patroller. What are the odds you guys would let a group of maggots, say 4 or 5, who can shred and be smart about it, into the Big? I've done it with 4 before but patrol knew most of us. I know the rules of one at a time until the dog leg and typically it's two at a time.
    What's the number of people allowed on the North Field at a time?
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 02-14-2018 at 01:36 PM.

4 on the North Summit Snowfield

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Sounds like you're a patroller. What are the odds you guys would let a group of maggots, say 4 or 5, who can shred and be smart about it, into the Big? I've done it with 4 before but patrol knew most of us. I know the rules of one at a time until the dog leg and typically it's two at a time.
    What's the number of people allowed on the North Field at a time?
    If you are thinking of during the BBI, take heart. I am working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    If you are thinking of during the BBI, take heart. I am working on it.
    Yes I am. Awesome and thanks man!

4pm: starting to snow
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Tram wait today: one to none cars. All you can eat gullies laps. Some guy was trying to set a record. When I arrived at 11:30 he was on number 13. At one o' clock he had 18. Rode up with him at 2:45 and he was on 32 (previous record 31 according to him). He was putting his skis on inside the tram so he could hop out and go. My last tram at 3 pm I saw him coming down first gully probably on lap 34. I think they may have let him board a couple more even though it was closed. So probably 35 or 36 gully laps. Maybe 50k vert?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Tram wait today: one to none cars. All you can eat gullies laps. Some guy was trying to set a record. When I arrived at 11:30 he was on number 13. At one o' clock he had 18. Rode up with him at 2:45 and he was on 32 (previous record 31 according to him). He was putting his skis on inside the tram so he could hop out and go. My last tram at 3 pm I saw him coming down first gully probably on lap 34. I think they may have let him board a couple more even though it was closed. So probably 35 or 36 gully laps. Maybe 50k vert?
    FUCK YEAH

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    FUCK YEAH
    What he said.

I wonder how many rocks he hit in that period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I wonder how many rocks he hit in that period of time?
    Considering the place has amazing coverage right now and I know his exact route, imma go with .65 rocks.

sweet jeebus that's a lotta vert

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Considering the place has amazing coverage right now and I know his exact route, imma go with .65 rocks.
    .65 rocks per lap? Per turn?

This season... I'm hoping to see about .2 rocks/lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    .65 rocks per lap? Per turn?
    The whole event.

I haven't hit a rock up there for weeks. You see them but they are easily avoided. It really is remarkable coverage this year.

This guy had his shortcut route through the fences memorized. The visibility shut down considerably around 1:30 when it started snowing up there but he kept going full throttle. He was in the zone.

6am dog walk report: 8 inches up here.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Holy crap it is deep up top today. Awesome skiing all over the mountain.