Page 187 of 884 FirstFirst ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 22092
    Today's highlight: I met Whiteroom Guardian.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Today's highlight: I met Whiteroom Guardian.
    Thanks again for the skis man!

Man, the sun came out today but all great south facing seasons must come to an end...always before long enough, but this was one that will stand out in the clouded ski memories for a bit...

Oh glory be to thy Norse Goddess of hero pow storm cycles and sunshine, she who bestoweth her grace upon thee direct south facing rock pinnacles, so that we may harvest of thine finest fruit for but just a few precious days. Anything we can do to continue to appease you our Dear Lord...Glory be upon her, forever rejoice, amen.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

^ she likes it when I give her a little red wine and chocolate, then slowly undress her starting at the socks.

Yes, an old fashioned, romantic kind of girl she is...Sully her gifts with the unbecoming conduct of holiday crowds and beater tracks thou must not....For this will invite the wet and windy wrath of her evil twin sibling, Goddess of the Pineapple.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

How’s BS holding up? Haven’t been up since Thursday. Skied Red Lodge for the first time this weekend. Big contingent up there with the race but neat hill and one I have been meaning to ski for a long time.

Hey all!

I'm in your hood! Haven't posted much on here but I currently live and work out of a truck camper and am going to be skiing Wed, Thursday at Red Lodge then a buddy gets in and we'll be doing Friday through Mon at Bridger and Big Sky.

I'm pretty self sufficient so don't particularly need anything - but ripping some laps backcountry or inbounds with someone who knows the mountains would be rad - and although I am fully self sufficient I never will turn down an electricity hookup and a nice level parking spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    How’s BS holding up? Haven’t been up since Thursday. Skied Red Lodge for the first time this weekend. Big contingent up there with the race but neat hill and one I have been meaning to ski for a long time.
    It was a nice and sunny, spring like day down there today (working not skiing). The mountain is as white as I think I have ever seen it in 25 years.

It stayed cold enough above 8K that even with all the sun it should still be pretty good, south faces included as along as the sun stays out. It might be a tad unpleasant on the 1st cloudy day. Forecast IS for a bit of a Pineapple Thursday-Friday followed by cooler and drier weather next week. The LR forecast has changed every couple days so there is that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Great skiing this weekend!

^Nice! Also, thanks for the nice skinner up there.

Nice B&Ws
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Speaking of south facing, it's just mind altering and face melting what could be possible on that thing in it's prime^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    It was too deep. Wallow fest like none other. Nobody could turn!

I remember seeing a snowboarder laying on his board on his belly, fucking swimming down the slope.
    No doubt, way too deep. It was fun in a novelty kind of way, but I prefer 30" and under.

I do remember actually hitting hardpack occasionally though since the water content was so low. Classic cold smoke from the bbc.

That storm will live in infamy though and be tough to beat. RIP Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Speaking of south facing, it's just mind altering and face melting what could be possible on that thing in it's prime^^^
    I remember thinking that if there was ever a year to ski it would be last year, but now things are shaping up to be even fatter this season over there...

Amazing. It's certainly possible, there's already like 12 feet of snow down there. It would be awesome to get to know some good lines on that face and get it when it's good. It would take some work but it could be epic.

Speaking of bb past, I ran across this old shirt the other day. Does patrol still sell it?

Not that particular model, however we have an ever changing inventory.

Stop by the First Aid Room.

Sponsored stoke filmed this year at BS. Some nice footage.

Cool stoke.

Ha. I know over 90 percent of the locals they interviewed. Very nicely done video.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    VT bum:
    First, did you win my skis damnit? How many of us can there be?
    Second, it seems to me we have the water and guns and manpower (newer guns are remotely controlled), what we seem to lack is electrical infrastructure. I'm pretty sure they can only light so many up at one time. With that said, it only takes about 48 hrs to open triple to base from damn near dirt: that's a lot of capability. M is a long wide bastard, always feels like that one takes forever. Once those are open, you bet, they dial it back to "economy" operations. But we can open quick when needed.
    BTW...I'm in red at work and in blue papa smurf on days off. Bright yellow Roxa boots. Say hi some time.
    I'd guess it's water infrastructure as well as electrical, but I hadn't thought about whether or not the system could handle the total load (I'm used to thinking in terms of central compressors and air lines alongside water lines rather than electrical to each gun, where air capacity or the willingness to spend enough money to compress enough air become limiting factors)—that may well be part of the issue. 48 hours to open triple to base from dirt doesn't impress me; 48 hours to open all of our snowmaking trails would be impressive. 48 hours to open triple to bottom, including everything (with snowmaking) except Limited, would probably be in line with low-budget operations in Vermont.

I've got ye lime-green Langes and a matching Smith helmet, usually a blue jacket on days off and a Silver Run jacket if I'm working. I'll keep an eye out.

Had a nice visit to Bozeman to see some friends last weekend. Nice way to relax before my PET/CT board exam which I passed yesterday. Yea!

Buddy took me up to History Rock TH to lap the upper meadow, the lower steeper part was a bump field. The upper laps were fun deepness. Unfortunately he lost his skin on the way out the luge track, but some snowboarders that were hiking up (boots and snowshoes) found it and reunited the skin with my buddy.

Skied Bridger on Sunday which was an absolute blast considering I hadn't been there in 9 years and with the Powder Alliance pass I get 2 more times there for free!

Great meals at BlackBird, AleWerks, a hearty breakfast at Jam before my return trip to Boise, and of course at my buddies house near the golf course.

Which mags brown 4 Runner with ON3P stickers on the rocket box and rear window/bumper is that?

Roughly 4" of dense snow at the top of andesite this morning

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Coming down hard on the back of Andesite. Colder and drier too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk