Page 117 of 891 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 22274
    IClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452881536.039776.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	918.8 KB 
ID:	174984updated forecast through Monday

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5r...45.79N,111.15W

I have found this to be a nice model that is pretty accurate. But it is for the Bozeman/Bridger area only.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Good tour out along the ramp this afternoon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452913535.329907.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	932.6 KB 
ID:	175015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452913546.651553.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	175016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452913558.290558.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	459.2 KB 
ID:	175017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452913567.478780.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	604.8 KB 
ID:	175018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1452913651.036809.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1,000.9 KB 
ID:	175019

Nice! Heading that way shortly. Apron/nw and nose were still riding good in the afternoon yesterday.

my bridger story:

i made it past the elk herd, fought the traffic in the parking lot, dropped the kid off at his lesson and said fuck it, im not riding today. i left the east coast for a reason. been out here 4 years and managed to avoid bridger on a weekend powder day. we need moonlight more than ever. i hiked for some quick turns yesterday, and if he didnt have a lesson, i would have done it again today. i guess i was just shocked and disappointed to see it that way this morning. big sky is not affordable, bridger just seems crowded (by montana standards) all the time. today has me thinking to put season pass money into a decent split and buy a frequency card to big sky next year.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Here's my Bridger story: headed up to the hill early to get the kids in their YSL program, and the traffic was ridiculous. What normally takes 15 minutes took 40 and we knew it would be one of the most crowded days of the year. Got to the mountain and found parking no problem. Ran into our friends as they also dropped their kids off for YSL and headed up to PK rather than Bridger. There was a bit of a line but everyone was happy and polite, and we did three pow runs in the time we should have been able to do 5 or 6. But they were great runs and we were all smiles.

Headed into the Deer Park Chalet to meet the kids for lunch, then hiked the Ridge and got sweet untracked lines with face shots. Ended up only getting a little more than half the runs we might have on a less crowded day, but they were all great runs. We had fun with friends, our kids enjoyed their skiing, and we left tired and happy, calling it one of the best days of the season so far. We all agreed it would have been a total shit show in the good old red chair days.

Sorry you didn't have a god day. Yes it was crowded, but there was still fun to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    we need moonlight more than ever.
    Not sure if you realize this, but you can still buy Moonlight-only season passes. Cost is comparable to a Bridger pass. Food for thought for next year.

Also: Moonlight was awesome today. Boot deep pow, no crowds.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yesterday BB skied 5000+ skiers. It was a record.

Harry you know how much I had invested in Moonlight but in terms of an apples to apples terrain and variety comparison Bridger has much, MUCH more of both

Both areas are great but very different.

If I were a parent and it was about skiing with the kiddos and getting them in a good kids program, maybe a toss up. If it were just me skiing? No contest.

Maybe when more lifts and terrain are added at MLB that will change but for now, not so much.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    big sky is not affordable
    I think I paid $1,049 for my season pass at Big Sky, purchased last spring at the early season discount, (plus I got a $100 discount with Boyne Rewards), and if I ski a minimum of 30 days at Big Sky that's about $33 a day.

Seems like a bargain to me.

Skied Maverick on Saturday, really fun day and good snow. Stayed at Elkhorn Hot Springs--that place was tripping on Saturday night. Fortunately the vibe was positive because our group had a bunch of kids with us, and it was all good. Watching the Packers game later in the lodge bar was also pretty nuts. Group of biathlon racers from Wisconsin were there. The lodge is cool, though. Fun place to hang.

The next morning all the crazy people were gone and soaking was much mellower.

$180 for a cabin rental and four lift tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I think I paid $1,049 for my season pass at Big Sky, purchased last spring at the early season discount, (plus I got a $100 discount with Boyne Rewards), and if I ski a minimum of 30 days at Big Sky that's about $33 a day.

Seems like a bargain to me.
    What about the bronze pass? I think I paid $320 with the early season discount. Skiied 6 good days in december so I am in it about $54 per day and I will be back in the spring. I think its a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

Skied Maverick on Saturday, really fun day and good snow. Stayed at Elkhorn Hot Springs--that place was tripping on Saturday night. Fortunately the vibe was positive because our group had a bunch of kids with us, and it was all good. Watching the Packers game later in the lodge bar was also pretty nuts. Group of biathlon racers from Wisconsin were there. The lodge is cool, though. Fun place to hang.
    Maverick has been skiing great....Saturday was a little nuts, it was the first day of our youth program. We had 140 kiddos with 40 first timers.

^^^ These are some of the nicer things about the Lone Mountain ski area.

Even at $ 1049.00 if you put in 30+ days it is a bargain for the amount of terrain that is available.

And the Bronze/Silver options are pretty good.

Much better than a 599.00 Epic pass and the place over run with people.

Also awesome to hear that the Mav. is bringing in some numbers.
    Last edited by Bunion; 01-18-2016 at 03:57 PM.

I'm sure it was still fun but count me among the people who turned around after taking 45min to get to kelly canyon. As to the above post about buying a split and a frequency card, that is what I did after having a Bridger pass for 7-8yrs before getting one again the past 2yrs and it is a great option if you're motivated and have solid backcountry partners (I still rolled solo quite a bit). Fri and sat were still skiing good at Bridger for hiking and skinning. Watched SAR doing exercises with a helicopter landing bottom of ramp about ten minutes after we skinned by.

Hey, if you Bozeman people are tired of the Bridger shitshow you can move to Helena and ski Great Divide and I promise there won't be a line of cars heading up there! lol

Even though GD isn't in the same class as Bridger, I skied freshies until noon last Thursday morning for $10 on a mostly empty mountain using my half-price punchcard. I mean seriously, where can you get fresh tracks all morning for $10? That's crazy cheap.

Hey guys. Myself and some friends pulled the trigger and are heading your way the first week in March. We got a sweet hookup to stay at big sky. Hoping the weather is in our favor..... Prob ski a few days at big sky and hit Bridger. Any recs? Restaurants? Places to avoid? Thanks in advance and hopefully I'll get to ski/ safety/ grab some beers with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Harry you know how much I had invested in Moonlight
    Pisses me off when I see your legacy being trampled on. Case in point: they used to do a thing were on certain days they allowed Moonlight season pass holders to load first chair at 8am. Patrol/Liftys even had a big pot of coffee brewing in the Six-Shooter corral.

First tracks on a powder day = worth a million bucks.

Ordering Bunion to fetch me a cup of coffee while I load first chair = priceless. 😎

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Pisses me off when I see your legacy being trampled on. Case in point: they used to do a thing were on certain days they allowed Moonlight season pass holders to load first chair at 8am. Patrol/Liftys even had a big pot of coffee brewing in the Six-Shooter corral.

First tracks on a powder day = worth a million bucks.

Ordering Bunion to fetch me a cup of coffee while I load first chair = priceless. ��
    Yeah but about that cream.....

No such thing as Legacies. Springsteen said it best, "Boring stories of Glory Days".
    Last edited by Bunion; 01-19-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Anytime I start thinking Bridger is "too crowded," I just need to ski somewhere outside the state to put things back in perspective. Go to SLC, Colorado, or even Jackson and you'll realize we have it damn good around here.

It's not like Bridger doesn't reinvest in the mountain, 4 lifts and a lodge in 8 years... Pretty good.

What's next, Jim Bridger remodel or a lift into the Bradley meadows terrain

MSU has grown from 12k to something like 17k in that same time. I always wondered how many seasons pass are bought with student loan money.

From what I have heard, New building to the south of SPL for rentals and snowsports.

Eventually removing Snowflake and putting in Carpets to create a beginner area that is out of the way. Snowflake will go somewhere else.

The Bradley's lift is certainly talked about but not imminent.

I've heard from a former board member that they want to deal with the parking issues somehow and then add more beginner / learning terrain over below PK or somewhere like that. She made it sound like they felt they had taken care of experts more than kids and families so would address them before adding Bradley's or other steeper terrain.

Holiday weekend pow days can try the first world patience to it's limits no doubt...But the people slaying the daily vid that day had their shit together, pretty amazing to see the cool stuff you can get into if you get a little creative on the busy days! I got the smackdown on Sunday so knew it was best for me to bail early. Oh well, can't win every pow day.

It was super refreshing up there today, just being among the Bridger faithful on a decent day and being reminded how I couldn't ask for a better mountain or a better group of people to share lines with.

Today has been 5 yrs since I blew my knee and I am so grateful to look back on some great years since then, and to still be up there having more fun than I ever deserved to have.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by WAlove View Post
    I always wondered how many seasons pass are bought with student loan money.
    a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Holiday weekend pow days can try the first world patience to it's limits no doubt...But the people slaying the daily vid that day had their shit together, pretty amazing to see the cool stuff you can get into if you get a little creative on the busy days! I got the smackdown on Sunday so knew it was best for me to bail early. Oh well, can't win every pow day.

It was super refreshing up there today, just being among the Bridger faithful on a decent day and being reminded how I couldn't ask for a better mountain or a better group of people to share lines with.

Today has been 5 yrs since I blew my knee and I am so grateful to look back on some great years since then, and to still be up there having more fun than I ever deserved to have.

Amen, tone!

Great point about the busy days being good for feelin around the nooks and crannies.

Glad you're back to the norm after a rough patch with the kneeeee... I remember your posts about your recovery (IT band stuff, etc). Ski on!

Just booked at the Bigger for March 11-18. Looks like I'll get to catch the HW Runoff for the first time maybe? Looking forward to the trip. Miserable winter here - first warm, no snow; then snow, more warm, melt; then a little snow, and friggin cold. Not a memorable winter thus far. Areas here are just finally open to the point they usually are well before the holidays.
    Gravity. It's the law.

^^^ Will be good to see you again.