Page 260 of 890 FirstFirst ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 22245

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Down to Seeds and Stems
    That will be my stash after dJONGo gets done hotboxing my place...

Edit* that is not true. DJONGo is an excellent house guest, and very generous. my stash is always massively increased after he visits.
    Last edited by Harry; 01-12-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yikes, the sun is nice and welcomed, but the skiing is pretty sketchy out there. Definitely have a fresh tune if you plan to ski at all for a while. Anything not corduroy is getting kinda scary if you go fast.

Also what's with the new red X/green circle lights at headwaters and top of tram. I understand the one at headwaters, but what does the one right at the top of the tram mean? Special access closed? I saw them putting it up right at the corner of the building today.

Wish I could rip around tomorrow with you DU. Hopefully it softens up a bit.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

My house guest, DJONGo, is enjoying a smoky evening at my slopeside chalet. Plan to meet up at Swifty base at 10 minutes till 9. Alternate meetup at 10 at Powderseeker.

Update: text msg says Talisman will be at Powderseeker at 10.
    Last edited by Harry; 01-12-2019 at 11:47 PM.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

4" of sweet sugar on top of firm off cougar/puma and hombre yesterday at GD with very few tracks, surprisingly good. Unsurprisingly bad in other places and another core shot, ha. Wild west is definitely a minefield and variable conditions with some good turns here and there followed by sinking through shrubs to the ground.

I saw a couple hiking up out of 4th of July for some reason. They had been looking at the rawhide road exit (which is a lot of dirt/rock in places) and I guess opted to hike back out which looked like a hell of a lot of work in alpine boots. I thought about heading over to tell them they can drop lower and hit redtail but knew I would miss another round of sweetness on hombre so didn't contemplate for long. They did not appear to be in trouble or injured.

Maybe they were down to seeds and stems so just gave up skiing for the day...

Who’s Speed Control is shaking people down?

There is a new speed control program at BS and they are taking names from speeders and keeping track of multiple offenders.

...but skiing around to shacks and shaking people down sounds like a bit much...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It was just a joke. One of the posters here is on the speed control team.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Who’s Speed Control is shaking people down?

There is a new speed control program at BS and they are taking names from speeders and keeping track of multiple offenders.

...but skiing around to shacks and shaking people down sounds like a bit much...

Arrrrrrg

Oh ha. I was like wtf.

Met up with DU at Powderseeker at 10:00 AM, along with a TGR lurker and we had a good day in the sun and shadows around Big Sky. Swifty's artwork which is on display was admired and we all voted to be unicorns and not bears. DU helped me with my "dad turns" and we owned Lower Morningstar (not the scary part) in the morning. With more practice I may be plaid worthy this season and get to ski with Harry again. It was good to put faces with online names.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Brown pow at Copper City was unreal for January... just best to get it after 2:30 or so so it's not in direct sun and muddy.
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Met up with DU at Powderseeker at 10:00 AM, along with a TGR lurker and we had a good day in the sun and shadows around Big Sky. Swifty's artwork which is on display was admired and we all voted to be unicorns and not bears. DU helped me with my "dad turns" and we owned Lower Morningstar (not the scary part) in the morning. With more practice I may be plaid worthy this season and get to ski with Harry again. It was good to put faces with online names.
    Sad I missed it, sounds like a stellar day!! I was very hungover and wanted to watch sports

Good day skiing with DJONGo Unchained, Talisman, and some TGR lurker.

Gnar slayed = 0

Smokeshacks hotboxed = 6

Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Brown pow at Copper City was unreal for January... just best to get it after 2:30 or so so it's not in direct sun and muddy.
    Musta just missed you, started riding at 2:20 but it was a mob scene so understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Sad I missed it, sounds like a stellar day!! I was very hungover and wanted to watch sports
    Getting out on skis in fresh air & sunshine is a pretty good remedy for the brown-bottle flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Good day skiing with DJONGo Unchained, Talisman, and some TGR lurker.

Gnar slayed = 0

Smokeshacks hotboxed = 6
    No gnar points for those tight trees getting to at least one of the shacks?

As ever, Thanks Harry.

Another great mini-vacay at The Big. I am getting too indebted to you, hurry down my friend.

Upon arrival it took about five minutes to have me laughing uncontrollably. Harry clued me in pretty quick that I had taken the bait like a Barracuda and had run it out. Crying laughing, embarrassed, blushing from my suckering.

I had seriously brought my game in the event of some shit; sleep was lost, plans were made, alibis were fabricated. Hell, I was gonna ask around for the Packer troll.

Holeeee shite, I ain't been on the receiving end of a ruse like that in a while. Humbling and invigorating.

Dinner with Harry and his special lady friend was pleasant and relaxing after a 4 hr ski sesh in JH then a 3hr drive up. Extended conversations down in the Barmuda triangle were had.
    Extended sesh in the Chateu, proved out that Harry has been training: His powerhoot had me laughing as he finished it. WOW dude. Mongo toke for you.
    A little play time with sweet sugar Gigi. Kisses big girl...

So........
    the speed patrol was out the door prepping early so I rolled into easy, free parking, free ride to lifts and with my Awesome fucking free skiing voucher, was on third chair for the big 8 seater. Did I mention free?

Rolled a few grommers and some sweet offpiste up off of PS, Met up with Talisman, his friend the lurker and H. there.

Tal showed me a ton of terrain, much of it over on the MB side as I had not been there since before it was lift serviced. I'm a FOG, yeah.
    Thanks for that as I'd have not seen nearly what I did, otherwise. Much fun was had for hours. 1 gnar point awarded for not getting run over by the lurker. 1.5 runs and I said you need to be in front of me always.
    Thx again, very fun.

The hut tour was excellent, visited quite a variety and seshed in most.
    Goddamn Swiftybish - you gots some art skillz. And imagination to boot.
    I burned beneath your masterpiece and said yer name.

Do not be the Bear.

Finally found the speed cop around 2 but he was busy thrashing some punk so I took one more lap with the hot blonde riding with her barn door open. Thanked me for the heads up... then maching down just in time for the speed cop to join me for lunch. Skied back to within 40 feet of the car. Coulda stone ground it to the door if'n ida wanted to.

3 Hrs. to home.

FWIW - I thoroughly enjoyed the snow; every type of carvy. Much of that was Tal keeping us in the better zones but frankly I barely had a turn I didn't enjoy.

I did wear red plaid, for the record.

Name:  v1.bTsxMTIwNzUxNDtqOzE3OTk0OzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  24.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    FWIW - I thoroughly enjoyed the snow; every type of carvy. Much of that was Tal keeping us in the better zones but frankly I barely had a turn I didn't enjoy.

I did wear red plaid, for the record.
    That's awesome man, sounds like a good trip and glad you enjoyed the snow. FWIW I was not trying to stress you out with that joke or aiming it at you, I thought people would know I was kidding. But goes to show how things online can be lost in translation. And as long as I'm coming clean I also did not take the picture of the plaid mystery guy taking a leak... not sure where that came from. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Name:  v1.bTsxMTIwNzUxNDtqOzE3OTk0OzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  24.4 KB
    I also humbly apologize for the joke and concealment. DU was good about the "fake news" when we met in person. The red plaid turning up on a snowboarder who was sliding around BS was beyond bizarre to me.

Where do Big Sky peeps look for weather forecasts? Anyplace special besides weather.gov?

I use http://weather.unisys.com/current-we...=139&region=us for most models.

I use this https://atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt/r...45.79N,111.15W for precip. It is more geared towards BB than BS but still decent.

And this NWS site for forecasts and discussions. https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/tfx/main/forecasts.php?wfo=tfx

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I use http://weather.unisys.com/current-we...=139&region=us for most models.

I use this https://atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt/r...45.79N,111.15W for precip. It is more geared towards BB than BS but still decent.

And this NWS site for forecasts and discussions. https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/tfx/main/forecasts.php?wfo=tfx
    Good resources! I also like to look at https://www.mtavalanche.com/weather/...eclub/andesite for what is going on for wind, temperature and snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    1 gnar point awarded for not getting run over by the lurker. 1.5 runs and I said you need to be in front of me always.
    I was wondering why you were always behind me, and here I thought you just skied a little slow!
    Hey no worries, I was breathing down Tali's neck for 2 days with nary a bump or crossed ski.
    Let Gravity Be Your Guide....