Page 350 of 362 FirstFirst ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 9046
  1. #8726
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    7,306
    Yeesh...

  2. #8727
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    She got fired.
    And blacklisted which really sucks as she may have had to leave the area.

  3. #8728
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    And blacklisted which really sucks as she may have had to leave the area.
    For a post/rant on here she was fired and black-listed?
    That seems way overboard. It's got to be more than just the post here. I don't recall the page, but it wasn't overboard if I recall. Also, I don't believe any names were named or any real details were given out.

    I'm not even a MT local or have any horse in this race, I'm just a lurker who's visited your wonderful state, but I feel bad if that's what happened.

  4. #8729
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    608
    Swifty was not fired or black listed for any posts I am aware of. There was an incident involving expletives being exchanged between BS employees after a lift stoppage on a cold day. I only know one side of the incident, but an example was made of Swifty by a new supervisor and she lost her job.

  5. #8730
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    99
    Well that's good she wasn't fired for it being something on here. Other companies do it too - not saying it is 'OK' - it's awful.

  6. #8731
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,831
    Not to be a FB creeper but it appears she is still in the area and learning to be a tattoo artist.

  7. #8732
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,318
    Good on her for making the change.
    Ooof!

  8. #8733
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    9,763
    Based on her smokeshack artwork, possibly a smart move. Very talented.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  9. #8734
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,318
    Harry, you would look great with that on your back between your shoulders.

    Probably even get pro-form on the work.
    Ooof!

  10. #8735
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    817
    I have nothing to contribute here other than saying I feel fortunate to have been able to read the somewhat lengthy, now-deleted post from this afternoon detailing how much certain entities care about their internet reputations.

  11. #8736
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,831
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I have nothing to contribute here other than saying I feel fortunate to have been able to read the somewhat lengthy, now-deleted post from this afternoon detailing how much certain entities care about their internet reputations.
    +1. NB always deletes his juiciest posts. Must be the day drinking.

  12. #8737
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down on Electric Avenue
    Posts
    1,475
    Not sure if anyone noticed or mentioned prior, but this thread has over a Million visits/viewings. Damn.

  13. #8738
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,318
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    +1. NB always deletes his juiciest posts. Must be the day drinking.

    I still do a lot of work down in the really Big for a lot of the entities that got mentioned.

    If I post something like that It remains up long enough that folks get a chance to read it and then I remove it. Thank you for not quoting BTW.
    Ooof!

  14. #8739
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    I still do a lot of work down in the really Big for a lot of the entities that got mentioned.

    If I post something like that It remains up long enough that folks get a chance to read it and then I remove it. Thank you for not quoting BTW.
    This is great incentive to read TGR as regularly as possible during working hours. I'm okay with that.

  15. #8740
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    632
    While I missed the now-deleted post, all I'm going to say about how seriously some entities take Internet discussions by employees, is that I started drafting a post about said topic and then decided that discussing it was risking the ire of such entities.

    (I guess that means I probably agree with the now-deleted post)

  16. #8741
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    140
    https://blog.bigskyresort.com/big-sk...-trail-rating/

    Who's gonna be the first to overhear "I skied a triple black!" at the bar this season? Double points if they have an Ikon pass?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  17. #8742
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Missoula DMV
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    https://blog.bigskyresort.com/big-sk...-trail-rating/

    Who's gonna be the first to overhear "I skied a triple black!" at the bar this season? Double points if they have an Ikon pass?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Whichever named run gets that designation, the tourons are gonna be like flies to a pot of honey.

  18. #8743
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Belgrade, MT
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Whichever named run gets that designation, the tourons are gonna be like flies to a pot of honey.
    The updated maps are already up.

  19. #8744
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    https://blog.bigskyresort.com/big-sk...-trail-rating/

    Who's gonna be the first to overhear "I skied a triple black!" at the bar this season? Double points if they have an Ikon pass?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ME ME ME!!! It's gonna be Me!

    Name:  Oh Noes.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  82.8 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  20. #8745
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    North Bend, WA
    Posts
    634
    Y it ju hi h
    M

    Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

  21. #8746
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    https://blog.bigskyresort.com/big-sk...-trail-rating/

    Who's gonna be the first to overhear "I skied a triple black!" at the bar this season? Double points if they have an Ikon pass?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    People that have skied Mt. Bohemia have been braggin' about that shit for YEARS.

  22. #8747
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,318
    The triple black diamond trail rating is used as a communication tool to encourage conservative skiing with a focus on skiing in control.
    Odd that it will have the exact opposite effect.

    I guess the idea that you need any special gear to hike the Headwaters was shelved.
    Ooof!

  23. #8748
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    I guess the idea that you need any special gear to hike the Headwaters was shelved.
    Sounds like all they need now is a can-do attitude and no concept of the danger they'll put themselves in. What could go wrong?

  24. #8749
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,356
    I skied triple black before triple black was a thing.

  25. #8750
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Belgrade, MT
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I skied triple black before triple black was a thing.
    doesn’t count

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •