Page 331 of 884 FirstFirst ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 22081
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I'm told by an early bird there was no signs of guard rail construction this morning. Could the DOT be switching to night work?
    That's because the Secret Service had them stop construction so that Pence's motorcade could come through the Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

RE: the VP-Exactly, I just got home and they were working again but seem to have gotten their shit together, the wait was minimal.

Hey, do any of you Big Sky insiders know anything about a Frequent Skier/Sky/MT Pass kind of deal for the upcoming season? Nothing on the website, and the 406 pass doesn't have any early/late dates associated with it. Did we get a big FUCK OFF along with everybody else?
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Not sure if anyone noticed the black helicopters landing on the tops of the ridge along the canyon, that is a special Army communication unit that set up radio repeaters along the tops of the peaks so that Pence's motorcade would have radio comms while transiting through the canyon.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Not sure if anyone noticed the black helicopters landing on the tops of the ridge along the canyon, that is a special Army communication unit that set up radio repeaters along the tops of the peaks so that Pence's motorcade would have radio comms while transiting through the canyon.

Sounds like a great use of taxpayer money.

I just finished Michelle Obama's memoir and one thing that made an impression on me was the incredible amount of money lavished on presidential security, even for the simplest things like going out for ice cream. It's ridiculous IMO. (Michelle agrees.) Who gives a fuck if Pence has radio communication or not for an hour? Is the world going to end if he doesn't? Just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryFunk View Post
    Hey, do any of you Big Sky insiders know anything about a Frequent Skier/Sky/MT Pass kind of deal for the upcoming season? Nothing on the website, and the 406 pass doesn't have any early/late dates associated with it. Did we get a big FUCK OFF along with everybody else?
    I believe they said when they released early pass prices in April that they were doing away with the Montana Pass/Frequent Sky etc., in favor of the 406 pass and Bronze (which at $399 was a killer deal for a ton of skiing, although now it's gone up a hundred bucks). However, they are usually kind of coy about the Montana Pass and never seem to put it on sale until early September. So keep an eye out, or maybe call mountain services and ask.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Waited about 20-25 minutes in the canyon heading northbound at 5:45ish tonight. Not too bad.

Shit. My buddy had to put in a new dedicated phone line to the penthouse when Obama came. Also got stopped for an hour while the 1st lady went rafting. Watched the heli's scope it out in free parking 2 days before. Quite a bit more for the ultra conservative Veep. At least donny jr likes to hunt eh. Anybody get rowdy at scossbillz?(harry..tali..)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    In keeping with the fishing reports, caught a couple dozen dinks on Ten Mile Creek a few days ago, and some slightly bigger boys on the Little Blackfoot this morning. Love the small water and solitude.

Attachment 291187

Attachment 291188
    Nice! I need to hit up the Little Blackfoot. Looks like great water. Glad you had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledzski View Post
    Nice! I need to hit up the Little Blackfoot. Looks like great water. Glad you had fun.

Better move would be the Big Blackfoot, if for no other reason than to look for the tip section of my Sage 5-weight that I lost there.... Still pissed at myself over that boneheaded move....

Stop wiping your dick on the good towels. Bode doesn't punt.

Better move would be the Big Blackfoot, if for no other reason than to look for the tip section of my Sage 5-weight that I lost there.... Still pissed at myself over that boneheaded move....

Yep. On the list as well.

Ouch. Was it the “I forgot to tighten down the tip section with a little wax and it came off with a cast and the dry fly pulled through” or the “I held my rod a little vertical without a fly attached and did a series of rapid and short false casts to move line out that resulted in my tip achieving the longest cast of the day”?

I am more on the line of a little too much Brainwax and he left it on the bank after de-rigging.

^^^^Hahahahahaah!

Wax on...

not skis but pages for this thread

lol

had to post on this page...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

[QUOTE=yeahman;5734727]Sounds like a great use of taxpayer money.

I just finished Michelle Obama's memoir

Bronze (which at $399 was a killer deal for a ton of skiing, although now it's gone up a hundred bucks).{/QUOTE]

you were her ghost writer??

i bought the bronze pass....on the payment plan....lol.....in protest of ikon and the $1200+ passes round here....
    so hope it only snows nights M-Wed, because Fri-Sunday I be
    www.freeridesystems.com

Still pissed at myself over that boneheaded move....
    Let me know if you need to borrow my custom fly rod again.Name:  Custom Rod.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  68.4 KB

Just back from some much needed hopper therapy on one of my favorite creeks. If you recognize the place please don't say, if you don't, please don't ask. If you ever want to go with me that is another story entirely.

Been fishing this area for 15 years and never use to see anyone, now you still don't see many people but you do see footprints.

Use to be good for 50 fish a day with several nice ones in the 18-20" range. In this age I caught about 22-25 with at least 3 over 16".Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0663.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	607.8 KB 
ID:	291391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0665.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	770.3 KB 
ID:	291392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0661.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	609.8 KB 
ID:	291393

Hopper madness is in full effect. Got a wee bit too "safe" and had just as much fun watching small ck browns hammer my hopper even though they were way too small to actually get it. They did a pretty decent job restoring the toxic ck.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Also probably gonna be on the Bronze plan this year. Hoping to do mid-week Bridger too. Weekends will be human powered/in the gym/or ideally working!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0660.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	612.2 KB 
ID:	291407

Fish of the day and he pretty much hooked himself.
    Maybe 19"

Attachment 291408

^nice ones
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Also probably gonna be on the Bronze plan this year. Hoping to do mid-week Bridger too. Weekends will be human powered/in the gym/or ideally working!
    That's my plan, but weekends will be for watching football and hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Just back from some much needed hopper therapy on one of my favorite creeks. If you recognize the place please don't say, if you don't, please don't ask. If you ever want to go with me that is another story entirely.

Been fishing this area for 15 years and never use to see anyone, now you still don't see many people but you do see footprints.

Use to be good for 50 fish a day with several nice ones in the 18-20" range. In this age I caught about 22-25 with at least 3 over 16".Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0663.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	607.8 KB 
ID:	291391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0665.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	770.3 KB 
ID:	291392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0661.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	609.8 KB 
ID:	291393
    Welp, sign me up for wanting to go fishing with you, then. That looks great.

Those are some nice fish, Bunion.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Welp, sign me up for wanting to go fishing with you, then. That looks great.
    Agreed with Idaho on this one. Looks like an amazing place NB.

I may need to go blue line hunting on the gazette to find that one. Or one like it.

Last edited by Sledzski; 08-17-2019 at 07:59 AM.