Page 494 of 891 FirstFirst ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... LastLast
Results 12,326 to 12,350 of 22274
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    destined to be a classic

the hordes are coming! the hordes are coming!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	347624

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	347624
    run boy, run!!! lol

That should be hanging behind the bar.

I'm putting together a map of areas near Helena I have found mostly from an old post on here. If anyone wants it pm me and I wouldn't mind some feedback. I have not yet been to any of these places.
    destined to be a classic

the hordes are coming! the hordes are coming!
    Post it on Trailforks. That’ll make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Post it on Trailforks. That’ll make everyone happy.
    Better yet, powder project. There's only one trail in the whole area!

I can be insta famous. Just kidding, I just want beta.

Wife found an iphone in the BB parking lot - hit me up if you know who lost it
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Considering that Ticketmaster will totally freeze-up when popular concert tickets go on sale, I am assuming any time it is snowing Bridger's servers will melt down.
    No doubt. Especially considering in the beginning of the season only 10% of pass holders will get to lock in a day.

I can be insta famous. Just kidding, I just want beta.
    Poke around Nevada ridge if your heading in that direction... you get into that placed you pm’d me about?
    the best skier is the one having the most fun------DC

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    Poke around Nevada ridge if your heading in that direction... you get into that placed you pm’d me about?
    Nah, its still really thin out there. I walked around stemple a bit. Stemple and stonewall are the only two that I am confidant on and I've seen gpx tracks for stonewall. I also think I have good spots found on roger's pass (if they get much snow), edith, an old ski area outside of townsend, the elkhorns, and red mountain.

Ways to be awesome on TGRz.

1. Move from coloradbro to ____(MT)
    2. Get info on locals backcountry spots
    3. Compile those spots into a sweet map and/or guidebook?
    4. Profit.....

Also helena isn't SW MT��

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Ways to be awesome on TGRz.

1. Move from coloradbro to ____(MT)
    2. Get info on locals backcountry spots
    3. Compile those spots into a sweet map and/or guidebook?
    4. Profit.....

Also helena isn't SW MT��
    Everything I just posted was from a post in 2017. I am not trying to make a guidebook. I don't know anyone out here and am trying not to get myself stuck 2 hours in the middle of nowhere looking for a place to meadow skip or killed. If you want to be a dick fine, I am just trying to be safe in the backcountry since I am alone. Having a place like berthoud pass was nice for beginners because it was well documented, hazards were well known, and routes were pretty standard.

Plus its early november, there's nothing better to do right now then look at maps until it snows.

This is tgr. I'm definitely being a dick. We dont really have many roadside hits besides beartooth in the spring. If it wasnt covid time and the holiday inn bar(bozeman) was still open I'd tell ya to go hang out and just talk to some folks but those days are gone. Quite a bit of montana backcountry involves long approaches to get to the good stuff and you won't see anyone which is why most of us like it. Speaking of guidebooks, maybe find($) turianos book.

Also if ya make it over mac pass to ski disco hit me up and I'll show you around if you dont mind following a knuckledragger.

Ok I'll stop skidog-ing up the thread. Try and have a great season over there boys.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    This is tgr. I'm definitely being a dick. We dont really have many roadside hits besides beartooth in the spring. If it wasnt covid time and the holiday inn bar(bozeman) was still open I'd tell ya to go hang out and just talk to some folks but those days are gone. Quite a bit of montana backcountry involves long approaches to get to the good stuff and you won't see anyone which is why most of us like it. Speaking of guidebooks, maybe find($) turianos book.

Also if ya make it over mac pass to ski disco hit me up and I'll show you around if you dont mind following a knuckledragger.

Ok I'll stop skidog-ing up the thread. Try and have a great season over there boys.
    This covid shit really sucks especially right after moving somewhere new. The forest roads and long approaches are what makes it impossible to figure out. I don't know what roads are winter maintained or not and even some of them when dry are sketchy as all hell. I see snow covered mountains in all directions but have no idea how to reach 90% of them and I only have so much time off to drive around endlessly. It's torture.

This covid shit really sucks especially right after moving somewhere new. The forest roads and long approaches are what makes it impossible to figure out. I don't know what roads are winter maintained or not and even some of them when dry are sketchy as all hell. I see snow covered mountains in all directions but have no idea how to reach 90% of them and I only have so much time off to drive around endlessly. It's torture.
    Do you use snotel? There is a station on NV ridge. Add Elkhorn Peak to your list if you haven't already, there is no base on Muskrat Cr yet though, about 4-5" of fluff on top of dirt and rocks.

Do you use snotel? There is a station on NV ridge. Add Elkhorn Peak to your list if you haven't already, there is no base on Muskrat Cr yet though, about 4-5" of fluff on top of dirt and rocks.
    Yeah I usually use USDA NRCS map (https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/wcc/home/) for depth and storm totals. Opensnow's snow depth maps have been surprisingly accurate since they rolled out as well.
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1309
Size:  205.8 KB

Snoprobe.com has a simple UI for for quickly scanning snotel sites.

I'm a fan of the USDA map but damn if it does not have a clunky interface. Being able to view percent of snowpack by basin/region/et cetera is pretty slick, though.

Yeah I usually use USDA NRCS map (https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/wcc/home/) for depth and storm totals. Opensnow's snow depth maps have been surprisingly accurate since they rolled out as well.
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1309
Size:  205.8 KB
    I really don't care where you post this stuff, but FYI there is a Helena backcountry thread, which might be a better place for an ongoing discussion and also a good place to share your experiences and what you learn.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Near-Helena-MT

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    HAHA, OK, I know who you are. I am not the responsible party, but I was standing about 10 feet away when it went down.

^^^what Bunion said. Call Ryan and apologize. He is fair. Firm, but fair.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    @Lomax: Got your PM and I am not who you think I am. Although that guy does lurk in this thread. He is a professional and he stays out of TGR drama.

Like I said, you owe an apology to the parties involved and I would not advise beating around the bush. Be a man and admit fault. Ryan will show respect if you take responsibility, and he will drop the hammer if you try to be a weasel. I’m not taking sides in this matter, just stating the reality.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

We gotta hear about the crime! Fess up to the collective if it’s a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    @Lomax: Got your PM and I am not who you think I am. Although that guy does lurk in this thread. He is a professional and he stays out of TGR drama.

Like I said, you owe an apology to the parties involved and I would not advise beating around the bush. Be a man and admit fault. Ryan will show respect if you take responsibility, and he will drop the hammer if you try to be a weasel. I’m not taking sides in this matter, just stating the reality.

I had a meeting with patrol HQ. I apologized, claimed my fault and said I was in the wrong.
    Last edited by Lomax; 11-13-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Good on you. Now, tell us a story.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hah! I know who this is. You laid down a nice track at least. You get a bb pass this year?
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    We gotta hear about the crime! Fess up to the collective if it’s a good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Good on you. Now, tell us a story.
    My lips are sealed. His business, not mine.

@Lomax: none of your PM’s are correct guesses about my identity. Let’s go on a smokeshack tour and I will introduce myself.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters