Page 482 of 891 FirstFirst ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... LastLast
Results 12,026 to 12,050 of 22273
    NOAA forecast for the Bridgers

Saturday
    Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 26. West wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Saturday Night
    Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph becoming south after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday
    Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 25. South wind around 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Outfuckingstanding.

I guess it's time to buy some snow tires.

Always excited to get the season going, but would prefer to not get the facets and depth hoar off to such an early start.

Prognostic Discussion for Long-Lead Seasonal Outlooks
    NWS Climate Prediction Center College Park MD
    830 AM EDT Thu Oct 15 2020

SUMMARY OF THE OUTLOOK FOR NON-TECHNICAL USERS

La Nina conditions are present across the equatorial Pacific Ocean, as
    represented in current oceanic and atmospheric observations. La Nina conditions
    are likely to continue through the Northern Hemisphere winter and into Spring

The November-December-January (NDJ) 2020-2021 temperature outlook favors
    above-normal seasonal mean temperatures for a majority of the CONUS and for
    northern and western parts of Alaska. The greatest probabilities (larger than
    60 percent) are forecast for parts of the Southwest. Below-normal temperatures
    are most likely for areas of southeast Alaska, the Alaska Panhandle and parts
    of the far Pacific Northwest.

The NDJ 2020-2021 precipitation outlook depicts enhanced odds for above-normal
    seasonal total precipitation amounts for Alaska and parts of the Pacific
    Northwest, northern Rockies and northern Great Plains. Below-normal
    precipitation is most likely for much of California (slight tilt in the odds),
    stretching eastward to include the Southwest, south-central Great Plains, lower
    Mississippi Valley and Southeast.

https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/u...ngoing-la-nina

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...ge/fxus05.html

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...nal.php?lead=2

Snowmaking crew on Andesite today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0244.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	343590

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Open that shit up.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Open that shit up.
    Grass looks at least binding deep. Get the chair turning.

A certain local maggot who spends the summers walking all over the resort found THREE new shacks. Said maggot has 48 hours to start posting pics, or I will...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Not it.

I was over near the middle of MLB last week on one of the service roads and there is a giant slash pile to be burned when there is a low enough fire danger, looked like the wreckage of at least 1 shack piled up there. Some of the really ghetto shacks are better burned, if you are going to build a shack it better be tits.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    Always excited to get the season going, but would prefer to not get the facets and depth hoar off to such an early start.
    The gist of this comment shows up every year (in conversation and on these forums) and every year it irritates the hell out of me. Since these forums encourage butthurt rants I would like to submit...

1. This is a normal time for the mountains of SW Montana to start getting snow.

2. Of course it would be great if physics didn't work the way it works but it's not like any of us can change that (though you could move to a more coastal region with deeper snowpacks and consistently lower temp. gradients).

3. Given our inability to change the weather to our liking (or physics of snow metamorphism), why not just be appreciative and joyful in the anticipation of starting a new season without any Eeyore-ass* qualifiers. (intentional redundant redundancy)

4. I swear to god, if climate change replaces our snowy falls with rain I better never hear a complaint since ya'll got what you "prefer".

5. If you're just trying to remind the community that new ski season = avalanche potential then ok, whatever...

/rant

Don't know about you, but I feel better. Please continue with the snow covered mountain stoke. Since that's probably why we're all checking this thread.
    Last edited by jeremiahyawnson; 10-16-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahyawnson View Post
    The gist of this comment shows up every year (in conversation and on these forums) and every year it irritates the hell out of me. Since these forums encourage butthurt rants I would like to submit...

2. Of course it would be great if physics didn't work the way it works but it's not like any of us can change that (though you could move to a more coastal region with deeper snowpacks and less consistent temp. gradients).

3. Given our inability to change the weather to our liking (or physics of snow metamorphism), why not just be appreciative and joyful in the anticipation of starting a new season without any Eeyore-ass* qualifiers. (intentional redundant redundancy)

4. I swear to god, if climate change replaces our snowy falls with rain I better never hear a complaint since ya'll got what you "prefer".

5. If you're just trying to remind the community that new ski season = avalanche potential then ok, whatever...

/rant

Don't know about you, but I feel better. Please continue with the snow covered mountain stoke. Since that's probably why we're all checking this thread.
    Haha. Strong work
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

2. Of course it would be great if physics didn't work the way it works but it's not like any of us can change that (though you could move to a more coastal region with deeper snowpacks and consistently lower temp. gradients).

/rant

Glad you were able to pull the giant pineapple out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Haha. Strong work
    No doubt!

/rant

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fuck the facets, I was enjoying the fall like weather, brilliant days, crisp mornings, excellent golf and biking.

Winter is plenty long here, no need to rush into it or end your season before it starts by skiing 12" of shit over rocks and breaking something. And then there is da Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Fuck the facets, I was enjoying the fall like weather, brilliant days, crisp mornings, excellent golf and biking.

Winter is plenty long here, no need to rush into it or end your season before it starts by skiing 12" of shit over rocks and breaking something. And then there is da Covid.
    Where I’m at. The lady and I have new AT rigs waiting for pickup, and we’ll be stoked to get out and play with them. But we were really into fall riding and porch sits. Usually these first snows don’t last long in the foothills but the forecast for the next week is shit. In a normal year I expect to ride through November with a couple hiccups of snowfall.

Been a nice fall, but I'm glad to have the moisture. Enough hot windy red flag days for me, living in the fire zone as we do. Five inches and counting on the Scratchgravel snowstake. (And I know how much we all love snow-on-the-deck pics! )

Name:  20201017_083613.jpeg
Views: 477
Size:  49.4 KB

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm in the Bunion camp. Fall longer than 10 days would be pretty cool actually. The MTB was perfect for a few days there. My rock skiing days ended quite a while ago. I find the people that NEED to go ski shallow snow in October are the same people who don't have mountain bikes and spend all summer jonesing.

I actually drove to GD since I thought maybe they would have some grassy spots that might be skiable. Turns out there is way more snow at my house. I wish I had some marquettes or something to go fuck around on Mt. Helena but definitely don't want to risk my black crows or hit any more rocks. I had an awesome bike ride yesterday. I love this place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201017_173748884.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	343783

I was planning to get out for a fatbike ride in the South Hills or maybe the reservoir. Or maybe a Nordic ski at Bill Roberts. But I just ran some errands and now it’s 32 and wet/sloppy snow. Fuck it. This is hot tub snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    Glad you were able to pull the giant pineapple out of your ass.
    Almost all the way, gotta dig the last part out...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm in the Bunion camp. Fall longer than 10 days would be pretty cool actually. The MTB was perfect for a few days there. My rock skiing days ended quite a while ago. I find the people that NEED to go ski shallow snow in October are the same people who don't have mountain bikes and spend all summer jonesing.
    1. You got 23 days of fall this year. Be happy. I remember not too long ago skiing 5 feet of great coverage up at FMLR on September 20th.

2. Oh I'm sorry I thought this was the "General Ski / Snowboard Discussions" for "Communicat[ing] with fellow snow sports addicts" **to be read as drunk Randy from southpark**

3. Joking aside, if you all weren't so salty that pineapple would still be up there

4. Would be a little wrong if I didn't post something to fuel the early season stoke. Here's a little vid that Norseman got of me from October 20th, 2007 up FLMR.

Almost all the way, gotta dig the last part out...

1. You got 23 days of fall this year. Be happy. I remember not too long ago skiing 5 feet of great coverage up at FMLR on September 20th.

2. Oh I'm sorry I thought this was the "General Ski / Snowboard Discussions" for "Communicat[ing] with fellow snow sports addicts" **to be read as drunk Randy from southpark**

3. Joking aside, if you all weren't so salty that pineapple would still be up there

4. Would be a little wrong if I didn't post something to fuel the early season stoke. Here's a little vid that Norseman got of me from October 20th, 2007 up FLMR.

C'mon, this thread is just the Montana version of the Mediocre Base Lodge Soups of the Northeast thread, isn't it?

probably, don't know that one, just trying to joke around.

Dude, way to dredge up the footy from when we were 20. Lol

Yaaaaa! Flmr is definitely gonna be in after this weekend.
    Gettem jerry!
    We've had a better than most ever fall, not gonna complain, its been amazing.
    I do enjoy the seasons where it turns on immediately, anndddd the ones that slowly come on. Either way, we gonna have a shitballs snowpack.
    I just finished my work season, and I'm out on the October odyssey... stoked to see pics and shit talkin from back home!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free