Page 360 of 891 FirstFirst ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 22270
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Pretty much had Mt. Cheese Fry to myself late afternoon...soft windbuff on high speed groomers, pretty fun. Should be nice Sunday if it snows a few inches as predicted.

I'll be back at belrock around Christmas time for some more turns. Fingers crossed for more snow, but they got the makings of a good base.

Made the mistake of going to Crosscut today since they claim to have an uphill route to access the BC north of BBowl. Well... they may have something like that but I didn't find it. Their signage is atrocious and none of their maps were up to date. That alone wouldn't usually deter me but when paired with today's warm, wet snow sticking to skis and skins, well, it was a failed ski day. Lesson learned: it's easier to deal with BBowl crowds and then hop out of bounds above Alpine. Whoops.

If I were more than a fair weather, after-work-in-the-dark nordic skier, it's probably a really cool place to go but not so much for BC access.

Maybe it will get better? Could just be that the uphill access is brand new, and/or isn’t Crosscut not technically open yet?
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 12-07-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Today might have been their first official open day for the season? I don't want to entirely write it off, there's definitely hope for it once they get it ironed out. One of the big issues might be returning after a tour: they're pretty adamant about staying off groomed trails and the approved skin track has a ton of up and down. I guess it's personal preference but throwing on skins for the trip back to the car can be a pain for a casual tour.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Today might have been their first official open day for the season? I don't want to entirely write it off, there's definitely hope for it once they get it ironed out. One of the big issues might be returning after a tour: they're pretty adamant about staying off groomed trails and the approved skin track has a ton of up and down. I guess it's personal preference but throwing on skins for the trip back to the car can be a pain for a casual tour.
    Do they charge?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Do they charge?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    $25 for an uphill season pass or $5 per day. I went with the pass so with any luck, they iron out the kinks and it becomes a viable way to access that drainage without dealing with BBowl or the slog up to Texas Meadows.

Pretty fair slidin today.

2 Liberty Bowl laps that were walk ons and some Bowl Laps.

The line management at Swifty, the Bowl and the Ocho is non-existent and today there were some lines, woulda been a good time to practice that skill, ahem.....

I have to work the next 3 days and then off to Hotlanta, hopefully for some warm weather and golf. Enjoy the snow that my leaving will most certainly bring.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I guess it's personal preference but throwing on skins for the trip back to the car can be a pain for a casual tour.
    I'm 100% with you on that

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    I have to work the next 3 days and then off to Hotlanta, hopefully for some warm weather and golf. Enjoy the snow that my leaving will most certainly bring.
    Thanks! I have been working out of state since opening day and am looking forward to the fresh snow.

I have to work the next 3 days and then off to Hotlanta, hopefully for some warm weather and golf.
    Was in Atlanta 2 weeks ago, after the trade show we went to the bar. Some drunk white girl kept screaming “Hotlantaaaaaaa!!!!!”

That is all. Carry on

Marmot or Fox, sent you a PM.

I rolled into the Billionaires Playground just in time to see the BSSP take out Marx.

1-2' crown right about the level it usually slides when it slides the 1st time. Probably failed on one of the ice crusts developed in November sandwiched with facets. Just enough wind loading the past couple of days to get it to the breaking point.

The snow pack is going to be tricky again this season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02181.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	305495

Plenty of snow to make the Duckwalk skiable now.
    Last edited by Marmot or Fox; 12-09-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Plenty of snow to make the Duckwalk skiable now.
    Ha, yeah. I asked patrol if they might need to move snow onto Duck Walk to get it in shape and he said yeah. Didn't think they'd go to these extremes.

Ha, yeah. I asked patrol if they might need to move snow onto Duck Walk to get it in shape and he said yeah. Didn't think they'd go to these extremes.
    Bunion, Harry etc. anyone want to do BS laps on Wednesday?

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Attachment 305536

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I plan to arrive around 11 on Wednesday...pm your number if you want and I will text you when I am at the base.

Damn, I would love to but I will be crushed getting ready to fly out on Thursday.

I can do Thursday as Not Bunion and I are swapping places out of town.

Name:  Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png
Views: 572
Size:  173.0 KB

I will be working, so no skiing that day for me.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I will be working, so no skiing that day for me.

How about Thursday? 8:45 in line at Ramcharger to carve the fresh cord...

How about Thursday? 8:45 in line at Ramcharger to carve the fresh cord...
    I can’t make that either, but you know who will be there ? Remember my GF from last season who lives next door to your Dad ? She is back out here for the winter. And sleeping in my bed.... The strange things that happen with ski town romances...

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I must ask, you on the couch or the floor?

What with it being the season it is you as the Mayor must be very very busy. New Years will be here soon.

Walk on tram, come n get it. Muted I am wearing green jacket and black helmet if you are here.