Page 322 of 890 FirstFirst ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 22245
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Resort is giving mixed answers:

A) all trails closed due to wet conditions

Or

B) all trails open because they have the Kids Race this weekend.

They can't make up their mind. I have friends who called Base Camp today and got both (conflicting) answers.
    Thanks for looking into it. Working tomorrow, but if it's halfway decent on Sunday I'll head down for some snake charmer laps.

Snow & rain this morning at 6800 feet, so much for the trails like Snake Charmer drying out.

Snowing at my place this morning
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Looks like Easy Rider, Rabbit Run, Cairns, and Snake Charmer ARE open right now. Gonna be fun/messy out there.

Looks like a great day in Big Sky today!

Met up with Harry for a few beers and talked about our regrets about missing the Bear Tooth Pass fun. We did toast those up on the pass, Harry with appropriate Red Lodge Lager. This work thing gets in the way of fun sometimes.

Off for a quick hike before making hoof prints in the mud with a pony. I may try to poke around the base area later or go for a goat hunting from the top of Swiftie if there is time.

Looks like you are getting some more neighbors Harry.

I am not on that project thank Dog.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

^^^ fuck those guys. That nice little rock pile had a bunch of cute marmots living in it. I watched them run a bulldozer right through those rocks the other day. I liked those cute marmots, hope they find a new home.

#nimby
    Last edited by Harry; 06-23-2019 at 12:02 PM.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I liked those cute marmots, hope they find a new home.
    Aren't marmots rodents just like rats? Big fat rodents with orange teeth that chewed up my pack at Glacier NP, but have their place.

Big Sky needs a development plan before every square foot is developed and the wildlife gets forced away, the streams get laden with fertilizer from lawn runoff and every intersection has a traffic light. I'm not against development, want a development plan that has wildlife corridors, mitigates stream runoff & siltation and coordinates water, sewer & traffic flow.

Fuck Marmots, they are good targets and that is about it. If one gets up in that new car of yours then get back to me about their cuteness when it eats your wiring.

Big Sky needs a development plan
    That is and has always been a big problem with Big Sky. Basically run by the ski corp and a bunch of HOAs.

I do my best with the siltation and runoff and write my plans to account for fertilizer and nutrients impacting the water courses but I only work for about 2% of all the shit getting built down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    That is and has always been a big problem with Big Sky. Basically run by the ski corp and a bunch of HOAs.
    Lack of a plan is an issue in Bozeman too. Every new strip mall and housing platt is another curb cut, forcing more traffic lights and congestion. It doesn't have to be like that with some planning for circulation routes (with bike lanes & sidewalks) that go a mile or two between lights, housing on branch roads that feed cul de sacs and business is in "parks" versus more farmland sacrificed to strip development. To be clear I believe in development, but with a plan that looks out for the greater good (more than profiting a few developers).

Fuck Marmots, they are good targets and that is about it.
    Well that solves the question about what you are bringing to inaugurate Talisman's new rifle range. Here I thought I was being a badass by donating a sawhorse.

Well that solves the question about what you are bringing to inaugurate Talisman's new rifle range.
    A marmot or three would be welcome additions, as there is no quibbling about if you hit the mark or not at distance. I am still pissed about my chewed up pack, so maybe I don't see the nobility of the marmot rodent species and grew up in an era where shooting rats at the dump was an encouraged activity.

Every new strip mall and housing platt is another curb cut, forcing more traffic lights and congestion.
    Currently having something like that built right in front of my subdivision.

Well that solves the question about what you are bringing to inaugurate Talisman's new rifle range. Here I thought I was being a badass by donating a sawhorse.
    Tali, you're putting in a new rifle range? Sweet. I got guns.

But I like marmots...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Tali, you're putting in a new rifle range? Sweet. I got guns.
    The old range got bulldozed for house lots, so need to set up a new range on one of two spots near me. One of my brother's is visiting in early August and we usually have a weapons fest or two while he is here so need to set up another range. The sighting bench, target stands and spinning iron discs are all gone. All are welcome (including marmots & marmot lovers), but just expect military style range discipline. We are likely going to drift fish the Yellowstone too if larger caliber rifles aren't your thing.

No marmots are killed, frightened or harassed during weapons fest.

No marmots are killed, frightened or harassed during weapons fest.
    Right, they died of natural causes.

I used to think it was cool to shoot marmots for target practice. I outgrew that notion in the 80s before graduating high school. A lot of wounded animals dying miserable slow deaths isn't really that neat. That being said, I do like to shoot things that I plan on eating.

Sloppy fun day at the bike park yesterday. Pretty sure I have never had a dirtier bike after that. Rest of this week should have really nice dirt. I'll take wet over blown out moon dust every time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Right, they died of natural causes.
    Never shot a marmot, as l eat what I kill but eat too well on other vittles to eat marmot.

I have only shot one, it was up in the engine compartment of a Subaru that I had sold to a friend and would not leave, believe me, we tried everything.

I have also seen 1st hand what Marmots can do the the electronics in a ski lift control panel. We're talking 10s of thousands of dollars in damage and keeping the little fuckers out is near impossible.

I have only shot one, it was up in the engine compartment of a Subaru that I had sold to a friend and would not leave, believe me, we tried everything.

I have also seen 1st hand what marmots can do the the electronics in a ski lift control panel. We're talking 10s of thousands of dollars in damage and keeping the little fuckers out is near impossible.
    I get controlled reduction, I took out some gophers on a constructed wetland project because they couldn't respect our plans for hydrology. Where's Bill Murray when you need him?

It's the random shooting for entertainment that bugs me.

Talisman, glad to hear. Never tried marmot but I'm sure someone where I grew up has.....

3pin: I think the talk about shooting Marmots was a joke. I certainly plan to light up Talisman's new rifle range, but I am not shooting any Marmots, and I would be pissed if anyone in my party did.

In news unrelated to ground dwelling rodents (our new mascot?), Big Sky will be using RFID passes next season. When I swing by the pass office to get my pass for using lifts during the summer I was told they didn't have the set up for the 2019-2020 season passes. When I asked why, I was told "we are going RFID." A summer pass was issued to me so I can ride Swifty for goat hunting on Duck Walk or walking down the mountain when my knees are acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    "we are going RFID."
    Old news. I have known this for a couple months. Insider intel source say a key part of the decision was hiding the IKON pass from public view. Apparently top management got shit on by IKON corporate over all the negative feedback about Big Sky locals.

:the_fing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1561425433.849807.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	572.6 KB 
ID:	286672

3pin: I think the talk about shooting Marmots was a joke. I certainly plan to light up Talisman's new rifle range, but I am not shooting any Marmots, and I would be pissed if anyone in my party did.
    My bad for not catching the joke. Talisman has been kind to me in the past too. Of course I'm no marmot though!