Page 286 of 335 FirstFirst ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 8371
    Good call on BB, I could not bring myself to make the drive down today. From the look of things the Tram, Shedhorn and Dakota were all closed.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Was pretty nutty with the wind. Skied over to tram first think and realized quickly it wasn't happening and it was gonna be fucked up skiing anyway. Good snow off the hike and down low though. Whitetail was good and I couldn't resist so I went back up for a Class 4 > all the way through. Still needs more snow to not have to side step in.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Bridger abides! Cold weather kept the crowds away but the snow is good good good. Felt like Monday's did 20 years ago.

I had to slow way down because my knees are about done, but damn it is good out there.
    Amen. Good stuff

I slowed way down due to wax
    Also this but lack there of...

Saw a few alta exchange folks on their way to a good time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190225_122335.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	454.5 KB 
ID:	271399

Arghh. Stupid uploader(or me whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Was pretty nutty with the wind.
    The gale was blowing up in the high angles, but the trees lower down had free refills all day. A certain RE lift didn't suck for the first two hours. Peru held the goods for last run.

From a couple days ago, out in the wilds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25A0411A-4B19-4CF6-A40F-CD07FDADC0B8.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	537.7 KB 
ID:	271435  

Name:	IMG_4457.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	271441

Headwaters was superb today. Driving back to Missoula however, was by far the worst winter driving I've ever had. 10/10 would go back again to ski.

^^^ WOW, you certainly got after it. Glad those passes I gave you worked out.

Text message sent to Bunion.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^^ nice. Was good indeed.

FWIW was talking with an employee yesterday and I guess Boyne/Big Sky gets $20 per person per day for an Ikon user. No idea how factual that is. Seems low. I guess it's worth it to get people hooked on your mountain and hope they come back in the future (when no longer on Ikon?) and pay to play? IDK

It's funny to bitch, but you know what, we have it so good compared to many many places. See: any major ikon resort 3-6 hours away.

+28F, windy as fuck, an inch of fresh.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I don't think this really counts unless you ski it with no sidestep (aka after a bunch more snow) or take the double/triple. Still fun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuVDgPglSzA/

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ^^^ WOW, you certainly got after it. Glad those passes I gave you worked out.

Text message sent to Bunion.
    Thanks again Harry. If you ever find yourself back in the Missoula area, give me a ring and I'll buy a round.

+28F, windy as fuck, an inch of fresh.
    Here at 6800 Feet 8*F, no wind and a dusting of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Here at 6800 Feet 8*F, no wind and a dusting of snow.
    You are my next door neighbor and we have a 20 degree difference ? Holy temperature inversion Batman !

Lots of artillery going off up high. My living room windows are rattling non stop.. Thank you to all Patrollers out there keeping us safe.

East of town, took over an hour to blast the 3' drift in my driveway. Almost 2" of fresh in that time, still puking. I think the snowplow drivers are about over it.

Name:	snowplow.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	271457

I guess the wind really made it sketch on the peak. When we tried to ride tram first thing yesterday the word was, "Pretty much everything slid." I assume they meant the new wind slabs just from last few days of snow.

temperature inversion.
    +28F Mountain Village
    +11F Talisman's driveway
    +5F Meadow
    -5F Four Corners

White knuckle drive, but I gotta get my car fixed.

Breakfast at Mama Mac's

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1551203827.042323.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	558.0 KB 
ID:	271475

Looks like the faucet got turned on for real down at the big.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Can confirm powder laps since noon inbounds at BS today.

All the hikes appeared to be closed, but I got out around 11 am

Challenger skied great. Ping pong ball on powder seeker.

Mntlion, Iím sorry I didnít link up with/ya! Had a hard time driving up and made it way late.

Lots of artillery going off up high. My living room windows are rattling non stop.. Thank you to all Patrollers out there keeping us safe.
    Heard that one of the Young Guns on BSSP got caught in Great Falls on his 3rd ski cut and took a beating. Heal up Danny.

Looks like the faucet got turned on for real down at the big.
    Yep, 8-10" of light and fluffy. I was visiting various job sites, the laborers shoveling are quite over it as well.

White knuckle drive, but I gotta get my car fixed.

Breakfast at Mama Mac's

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1551203827.042323.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	558.0 KB 
ID:	271475
    That is quite a meal, are you lumberjacking today?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I don't think this really counts unless you ski it with no sidestep (aka after a bunch more snow) or take the double/triple. Still fun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuVDgPglSzA/

WRG, watch your ass on those cliffs. If you decide to try the entire drop, ski under it first and carefully investigate the landing. There are hot spots along the bottom of all those rock bands that rot out the snow from underneath, every year they are there but not always in the same spots.

A couple of really really good skiers have fucked themselves up trying that big one and suffering a hard landing. And by fucked up I mean surgery and PT.

BTW the 2x-3x is the Lilly Pad to the Toad.

Name:	Lilly Pad.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	548.9 KB 
ID:	271533

A very low tide picture Jan. 2011.

Lots of great snow from Noon on at BS with knee deep + in spots. The wind pack and scour was tough in low visibility spots, but many long and soft shots. While there were a few people around in the morning, by 1:00 PM every lift I saw was ski on.

A low angle adventure early this morning on Spirit Mountain yielded the expected untracked snow and the view of a mini-concrete plant set up along a trail. The propane fuel tank was almost the same size as the aggregate mixer. I guess foundations for YC and SP need to be poured no matter the season.

^^^ Right now that is dedicated to just the SP clubhouse.

That can be a fun place to go on a getaway. I doubt I am giving much away here so, When you get off the Detachable quad, hang a hard left through the trees and stay high. Eventually you get to a small bowl with a guardrail along the top, that is the Y/C boundary. You can traverse a way to the south just below the guardrail and get 20-25 decent 25 degree turns before you hit groomer and flats. Watch out for plows, it would suck to be standing there getting ready to drop and get blasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ Right now that is dedicated to just the SP clubhouse.

That can be a fun place to go on a getaway. I doubt I am giving much away here so, When you get off the Detachable quad, hang a hard left through the trees and stay high. Eventually you get to a small bowl with a guardrail along the top, that is the Y/C boundary. You can traverse a way to the south just below the guardrail and get 20-25 decent 25 degree turns before you hit groomer and flats. Watch out for plows, it would suck to be standing there getting ready to drop and get blasted.
    Must be quite the club house! There were three 'crete trucks loading this morning.

Yes you described the line, we call the "guard rail" and it holds untracked for weeks in cold weather, but crusts when things warm up.

So those were "Your" tracks in my stash?