Page 394 of 884 FirstFirst ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 22099
    People were in great moods and having fun.

i realize this may not make anyone round here feel much better...but could be way worse....screenshot repost from i-70 shitshow thread/repost from redit(credit makerstelemark)....vail today ......just sayin...

Name:  vailLInes.png
Views: 497
Size:  269.6 KB

Movie version link ...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/skiing/comm...ter_a_17_dump/
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Thanks! That made me laugh. And also realize I need to go backcountry only. Which I would if I didn't have kids.

I realize that it WILL be much worse.

I plan to adjust my already flexible schedule and avoid the shitshow from now on. I will see how that works out.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I also realize it will get worse and that we've got it good compared to other places. It still takes the fun out of it for me.

Lulz.

I'm just viewing this week as an ananomaly. Snow starved community. Huge storm totals. Extremely limited lift/terrain openings. Warm storm on a shit snowpack. All hitting at the end of the week when it's easier for everyone to sneak out of work/school. Things will certainly get more crowded, but if we were having a better winter, or if BB had been fully open I don't think today would have been such a shit show.

I agree with Bunion though. I'd much rather ski 6" on top of a soft base with no one around.

^^Stop being rational! I'm Trying to be pissed off here!

I agree about today. But any decent snow I now have to weigh traffic and crowds into the calculation of whether it is worth going or not. And weekends are usually not worth it. Which sucks.

^ but be thankful you still have a choice....look at these poor souls....
    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/02/...-winter-storm/

even without storms going into holiday weekends....i-70 and 285 (285 kinda like 191 here) are jam packed parking lots...and what could be done in the past in an hour turns into 2,4,6 or shut down completely, which is common due to jerry wrecks...or avy control...

but be warned there's a reason all the foreign state plates are piling up here....they're seeking...gonna relocate...boz zone to here is on radar...sad but quiet places fewer and fewer...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

^That's a top shelf weather babe.^

We don't get those in small market Bozeman.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Totally agree. Don't think I've ever gone through a 10-minute lineup just to check my beacon before, nor ever had the actual hike take that long (maybe 45 minutes?), but I'm not complaining at all. Everyone was in a great mood and lots of fresh was there for the taking.
    Holy crap, 45 minutes from the patrol shack to the ridge!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    The skiing to get there was good and we ran into a ex-MLB guy who stuck around to patrol at BS and we shot the shit.
    At first I read that and assumed a somewhat skilled baseball player retired into patrolling at Big Sky. Evidently it's been that kind of week for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Did a couple laps there but my kid, who has grown up here, had no patience for waiting in line so we went to Alpine.

No lines and great low angle untracked pow were found there. We wanted steeper lines but had no patience for the crowds and then we had to go.
    There's not much I won't ski at Bridger but Alpine is easily the most dependably fun part of the mountain.

Anyone want to take bets on how much of a shitshow tomorrow will be? My money's on Sunday being the weekend day worth getting out for without coming away with a new hatred of humanity.

Might have been less than 45 but I’d bet more than 30. It was was a traffic jam behind whoever was setting the boot pack that stretched down to near the top of the Bridger lift. Just for one run. By my 3rd lap it was pretty quiet up there.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Unfortunately that's the new reality and the reason I left. Wanted to be a glass half full type but hey I'm one less person clogging those lift lines(of which were non existent at the new hill yesterday and today). My buddy sent a pic of the ikonic lines at big sky today, holee shit!
    Where’s the new location? If I ever leave BZN it will be for McCall or Sandpoint (possibly Whitefish)

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    ^That's a top shelf weather babe.^

We don't get those in small market Bozeman.
    Ole Jamie came from KBZK in BZN

People need to stop having litters of kids
    World is getting overpopulated.....

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Might have been less than 45 but I’d bet more than 30. It was was a traffic jam behind whoever was setting the boot pack that stretched down to near the top of the Bridger lift. Just for one run. By my 3rd lap it was pretty quiet up there.
    Even 30 minutes is insane. Of course, I'm impatient and if I haven't tasted blood on the climb, I'm convinced that time was wasted. Good to hear that it mellowed out, every time I checked the web cam it looked like a block party at the top of the hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    Where’s the new location? If I ever leave BZN it will be for McCall or Sandpoint (possibly Whitefish)
    McCall's not the answer. I haven't had a Brundage pass for a few years now but the word on the street is that McCall is bursting at the seams whenever there's a trace of snow.

For my money, I'd take more hit-or-miss conditions somewhere like Wenatchee. When it's good at Mission Ridge, it's really fucking good, and for all the other times, it's not much different from Bogus Basin. And hey, the mountain biking is a whole lot better than BZN.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    I quite liked Bozeman for ease of access of steep skiing/bc, fishing, etc.. but I needed to get out. Moved further into Montana but not quite idaho..

Hopefully back to some good old BB or big sky stoke.

Travel for work and the Delta lady said 77 ski bags on the MSP - BZN flight. Crazy

Looks like snow off and on all day. Gonna head back to Bridger and get right in the middle of the action.

The Utah Crew will be eating good this week. Mrs. Talisman is making a HUGE pot of elk chili for them. The elk was shot by Talisman, can’t get any better eating than that. Eat local.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Fucking blizzard right now. Perfect day for working outside. FML.

8am: ☢️ NUCLEAR BOMBARDMENT CONTINUES ☢️

Plus winds of 25-30 MPH = whiteout blizzard

Road from meadow to mountain is bumper to bumper and snails pace.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

This cycle has likely brought out all the people who ski 5-10 days a year and will be gone come Sunday at BB. Hard telling about pig sty with thier all star marketing campaign bringing people out for luxury lift lines and broken lifts. Get your April passes people! It used to be the place to go on the weekends when BB was packed, not no mo.
    As far as the vibe goes- seems like most regular skiers are taking it in stride, realizing we still have it real good. BBs been a ghost town for the majority of the season, so this is just a funny anomaly of weirdos showing up to stand in line, butt sniff up the boot pack, ski a couple runs, and buy shit in the cafeteria and gift shop. Chaaaachingggg! I'm all for the flailing hordes, they're fun to watch from the lift.

In other news, the lowest hanging fruit was skiing awesome yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Tracking up the M FTW!

As for Big Sky, and the rest. a day of reflection and perusal of the shots from Vail & JH tells me we still are not close to having it that bad.

I do think that Boyne may get a lot more shit about IKON from the people who matter. You know, those 2nd home owners who don't want their playground over run. Whether it makes a dent is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    8am: ☢️ NUCLEAR BOMBARDMENT CONTINUES ☢️

Plus winds of 25-30 MPH = whiteout blizzard

Road from meadow to mountain is bumper to bumper and snails pace.

Down day for me. I had a bit of a scare yesterday afternoon that involved speed, tight trees, a bit of a luge course through said trees and suddenly one tree across the course at a 90 degree angle about 3 feet above the snow. Too tight to throw them sideways, too fast to stop, only action available was to lay it back on the tails and go under. I made it somehow but I may have scarred my new 100 dollar goggles. Another guy followed the same track and managed to avoid disaster. Hopefully no one else follows today, that 36" may be a good bit lower.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Down day for me. I had a bit of a scare yesterday afternoon that involved speed, tight trees, a bit of a luge course through said trees and suddenly one tree across the course at a 90 degree angle about 3 feet above the snow. Too tight to throw them sideways, too fast to stop, only action available was to lay it back on the tails and go under. I made it somehow but I may have scarred my new 100 dollar goggles. Another guy followed the same track and managed to avoid disaster. Hopefully no one else follows today, that 36" may be a good bit lower.
    Damn, sounds like you dodged a bullet there. I was on some tree trails in the area of Yogi's on Thursday that I think were actually downhill bike trails. Shit got tight and sketchy with few escape routes, not fun. Too bad about the goggles but glad you are ok.