Page 235 of 892 FirstFirst ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 22285
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Free stuff available in Big Sky.

Superior has first dibs because he has a Tech Talk thread wanting this kind of stuff. If he does not want it then it is up for grabs.

Swix vices and iron.

Attachment 254310
    If up for grabs I am interested in the vises as they are different than the Swix vises I have now.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1541554080.515822.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	395.1 KB 
ID:	254334

Name:	Image1541555335.361381.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	341.0 KB 
ID:	254340

Name:	Image1541555358.219715.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	254341

Today didn’t suck at Bridger. Place was crawling with JONGS out hiking with snowshoes and losing skis, etc.

So, obviously I felt right at home!

Harry, I could definitely use that tuning gear.
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 11-06-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Harry, I could definitely use that tuning gear.
    OK, it's yours.

Are you coming to the party in Big Sky on Saturday ? If so, you can pick it up then.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'm still bringin' the hookers and Blow.
    hey I thought you said I could come with you lol

but seriously looks like you guys have more snow than we do.
    Superior's pic has me itching to ski
    skid luxury

baby bear: you should come up here for the party. Less sausage fest is always a good thing...

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I'll seriously think about it. i think the hubby has board mtg retreat this w/e so maybe I'll commandeer the van and come hang out with you guys
    skid luxury

Got a great parking spot for your van right outside my condo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    OK, it's yours.

Are you coming to the party in Big Sky on Saturday ? If so, you can pick it up then.
    I am heading to the East Coast this weekend, but should be around the following weekend. If Bridger Meats gets the processing done perhaps a trade for some venison?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I am heading to the East Coast this weekend, but should be around the following weekend. If Bridger Meats gets the processing done perhaps a trade for some venison?
    Sorry, you misunderstood. Superior gets the gear. He had a thread in Tech Talk asking if anyone had this stuff. I posted in that thread first, then this one.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    hey I thought you said I could come with you lol

but seriously looks like you guys have more snow than we do.
    Superior's pic has me itching to ski
    Heh.

You are of course welcome to join me.

We can take a lap to Harry's, tubes around 4-4:20ish. It's about, oh, a quarter mile or so to Scissorbills. Dinner and cocktails, ski movies, story telling; you can have the couch. I call the mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    M3, ......

Our 1st year we had a small single wide trailer for a locker room, 40’x12’ that was also our 1st aid room complete with an exam table and a single hospital bed. With only 10 of us we had ample room. I was so busy with what was going on that I had failed to notice that more and more of Merik’s personal stuff was slowing moving into the trailer. One morning I got their early and Merik was still in his bathrobe bumbling around the trailer and making coffee. He got dressed, sat through the morning meeting and as we were about to head out the door announced it was his day off and he was going back to bed. Yeah, he had moved in. He was evicted that day and asked to find other lodging.
    ha, great stuff!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

baby bear: your dog is welcome here too.

What’s the word on skinning BS during the preseason? Sorry if I didn’t read it here before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What’s the word on skinning BS during the preseason? Sorry if I didn’t read it here before.

I think Big Sky is all on private land and they don’t allow pre-season touring, but somebody chime in if I’m dead wrong here.

In other news, BB’s webcams are back up!

Is anybody out there doing morning skin laps at BB? I’m thinking of trying to get out a few days a week before work until they open.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I think Big Sky is all on private land and they don’t allow pre-season touring, but somebody chime in if I’m dead wrong here.
    On area is all private, so no skinning.

But lots of people skin up Beehive Basin here, which is USFS. Keep on the marked trail down low as the trail crosses some private land enroute to the goods. Last year some idiots built a kicker in full view of the trailhead that was on private land. Lots of calls to the Sheriff resulted in a shitshow. Just follow the signs and you will be fine.

They used to allow it, then someone died pre-season AFAIK and banned it.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post

Is anybody out there doing morning skin laps at BB? I’m thinking of trying to get out a few days a week before work until they open.

Like half of Bozeman is. Haha.

BB is doing some pretty extensive compaction with the snowcats on most of the areas that get groomed during the season, so its cutting back a bit on the powder skiing. Slushmans is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    BB is doing some pretty extensive compaction with the snowcats on most of the areas that get groomed during the season, so its cutting back a bit on the powder skiing. Slushmans is good.
    Wow, sound like they might be hoping to open early? Anybody have any beta? Bunion?

Earliest would be day after Thanksgiving for weekends only until the Dec. 7th official opening and that was the plan last year with the great early snow but then came a big warm up the week before Thanksgiving and that was that. All depends on what happens in the next 2 weeks temperature wise.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Dinner and cocktails, ski movies, story telling; you can have the couch. I call the mat.
    you are a true bum gentleman! but if I come up I'll crash in the van since Harry said I can park right there so the couch is yours
    Will see how the rest of the week pans out

also is this party on Fri or Saturday?

can we ski tour something?
    skid luxury

I'm rolling up Saturday afternoon, back on sunday before darkish. Welcome to jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    you are a true bum gentleman! but if I come up I'll crash in the van since Harry said I can park right there so the couch is yours
    Will see how the rest of the week pans out

also is this party on Fri or Saturday?

can we ski tour something?
    Not Friday. I have to work a 10 hour shift, then again on Saturday. I get home around 3:30 pm Saturday. So I am telling people to show up at 4 in the afternoon Saturday with a 4:20 spark up time.

After everyone is baked we will head over to Scissorbills (ski-in ski out locals bar, kind of our version of the Mangy Moose). After burgers, beer, conversation, etc... We will head back to my place for more hotboxing, watch ski movies, and talk shit about any no show mags.

Sleeping: I have a bed obviously, and for guests I have a twin size mattress I drag out. Djongo has already called dibs on that. So anyone else gets either the sofa or floor. If your van is under 7'3" you can park in the garage (temp 55). If taller, you will have to park outside (temps approx 20-25). Either way you are right here close. Bring a towel for showering.

Sunday is a no plan day. We will do breakfast at the Corral. Any Bozeman peeps who want join us there, post here, and I will set a formal meeting time for breakfast.

As far as touring, my place is right near the Beehive Basin trailhead, I think Djongo measured it at a quarter mile. Beehive Basin is the main BC zone in Big Sky. I personally don't tour, but I snowshoe up there a lot and I can point you in the right direction. Some nice meadow skipping, plus some hairball couliors for those seeking a challenge. That might be a fun way to spend Sunday, I know a lot of people are skiing there right now. It dumped again all day.

I sent you a PM with my number, feel free to call with questions.

Edit to add: looks like Superior tours. Bring your gear, Superior & baby bear tour on Sunday while Djongo & i smoke blunts at the trailhead.

Harry... huge props, man.

What you are doing for this bunch of ski heads is most cool. It's great that you so frequently offer crash space in your mountain lair. It's how it should be.

Anyone around near the holidays? Looks like my lil clan will be back in the Zone again this year. Turns are high priority.

Was planning on making an appearance after a leisurely stroll up beehive but unfortunately I was stupid enough to buy a house and have to head over to make sure pipes dont freeze(primary heat source is wood). Have fun everyone and I miss the corral.

Harry, ditto on what Norseman said. I'm bummed that I can't be down there to meet you and Djongo this weekend.

One and all: I'm going to join the half of Bozeman that heads to BB tomorrow AM, likely arriving around 6:30 or so. If you see a guy on BD Helios or a 4Runner with a ridiculous license plate, that's probably me.