Page 292 of 891 FirstFirst ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 22256
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Optical scopes on our rifles, so why not optical scans in the lift corral? An IKON brand on the forehead is another option, works well with cattle.
    Those scopes help us defend our land from Communists, Californians, and the goddamned Gub'mint!

And I'll definitely apply for Harry's old position. Thinking that I'll wear a suit to the interview in order to woo them.

I remember the Ski Data cards at Big Sky in the early/mid-90s... and ducking the turnstile when the shitty reader wouldn't work half the time. The retractable ticket holders issued with them were endless entertainment (as a kid), too. Had a decent collection of them.

The roof of the South Gym on campus collapsed today.

https://kbzk.com/news/local-news/201...tion-underway/

My pilot brother sent a pic:

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Kinda weird snow on most of the mountain today at the big. Grabby windhammered-almost-sorta-old-pow out in the forks. Best turns were late afternoon windblown off the tram.

I'm coming tomorrow for a few days, hoping this system pans out. Looks like a few inches on the snow stake tonight already. Friend and I are going to try to get his kid down the couloir for his first time.

Just over an inch of fresh snow at 6800 FT, no wind and 27*F. Snowing lightly now.

I mentioned to my wife the other day after driving around town for work, there's a lot of flat roofs holding a shit ton of snow right now.. And boom. I image the facilities lifers at MSU are crapping their pants right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    The roof of the South Gym on campus collapsed today.

https://kbzk.com/news/local-news/201...tion-underway/

There is a reason that people build pitched roofs in snow country. All this Mountain Modern that is being thrown up is trouble and shoveling just waiting to happen.

Yeahman, the demand for the Cooler has been low the past couple of days, you should not have a problem finding a spot, just don't try to put your beacon in your backpack.

BSSP seems a little pissy about such silly antics these days. We were in the box the other day and watched 2 guys get the talking to and I don't think either one understood why they need to wear their beacon, even after the lecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    There is a reason that people build pitched roofs in snow country. All this Mountain Modern that is being thrown up is trouble and shoveling just waiting to happen.

Yeahman, the demand for the Cooler has been low the past couple of days, you should not have a problem finding a spot, just don't try to put your beacon in your backpack.

BSSP seems a little pissy about such silly antics these days. We were in the box the other day and watched 2 guys get the talking to and I don't think either one understood why they need to wear their beacon, even after the lecture.
    After building in the club for awhile, you realize there's a reason why they don't build cities in mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I image the facilities lifers at MSU are crapping their pants right now.
    The PE that stamped the structural drawings for the building and the construction company likely have full pant loads too.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    After building in the club for awhile, you realize there's a reason why they don't build cities in mountains.
    I would like to do a coffee table book of the ice dams and snow loads that I see at the Y/C.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I would like to do a coffee table book of the ice dams and snow loads that I see at the Y/C.
    There is a house heading up andesite ridge road that seemed like they just hired a guy to live on the roof and work on the ice dams and snow every single day all last winter.

Hey gents. Got a pair of k2 Pinnacle 130 lv boots (28.5) in GS with low days. Also willing to part for the steep price of a couple beers to any local mag who might have (or know of) youngsters in need of new boots or cross/entry tour boot. PM if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Your book should be required reading for those Architects in Charlotte, Dallas and Tampa designing these luxury homes at Y/C, S/P and Moonlight.

Two separate groups of 3 came down the cooler during the 8s last weekend to a lovely chorus of boos. Second group had a "guide", still all on top of each other. First guy from the first group was completely oblivious to the horde of dirtbags heckling or the patroller flagging them down at the bottom of Cron's, collapsed at the bottom like he'd just sprinted a marathon. Patrol's response: "We could pull your pass, but I hope everyone yelling at and booing you gets the message across" haha

A random Ikoner found his way up the bootpack for the 8s, outed himself when he asked, "So is this like, a powder championship or something?" A couple of the oldest Kings literally wanted to kill him. The Ikoner who slalomed the bamboo closing off Cron's was not well received, either. Don't know the outcome, but saw a few patrollers chatting with him at the top of the bowl packer.

Ikon't believe the lack of situational awareness many of those holders seem to display.

Re: T-Mid's letter, there is a significant difference in moving to a new town, trying to fit in, and subsequently being well-received (as he alludes to at the opening, thanking some great old-timers), and going to a new-to-you destination b/c you got a screaming deal, going around the mountain and town like you've never walked driven or skied before, while asking for discounts at every business you enter and critiquing and comparing this experience to any other ski town you like better. I don't think T-Mid gets that.

Travel and explore because you want to, not just to tick it off some list. Be polite, be curious, be kind, be humble. Otherwise, don't be surprised when the locals Kon't wait for you to leave. None of us live in this state (or region) for the $$$.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by ODHGABFE View Post
    Travel and explore because you want to, not just to tick it off some list. Be polite, be curious, be kind, be humble. Otherwise, don't be surprised when the locals Kon't wait for you to leave. None of us live in this state (or region) for the $$$.
    QFT

In life, not just skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    QFT

In life, not just skiing.
    So... "don't be a dick" still applies?

Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Your book should be required reading for those Architects in Charlotte, Dallas and Tampa designing these luxury homes at Y/C, S/P and Moonlight.
    Who's designing? They're just duping locati's standard plans.

FWIW, buttery smooth runs at BB this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    So... "don't be a dick" still applies?
    I am not always successful, but "don't be a dick" is my preferred choice for conducting myself in the world.

Excellent day today, 5 gullies and the icing was a N. Summit lap.

Tram line was huge for the 1st lap and then died way off so I was sucked into the vortex.

I saw Tay-tay working the tram line like a hostess in Vegas. Whatever, it at least shows that he give a little bit of a shit.

I came home with a grin. Now, the big question is, drive down tomorrow or wait until Sunday? Looks like we will see bands of moisture until around noon tomorrow.

Call in in the early A.M. @ Yeahman, shoot me your digits, if I come down I would love to take a walk with you.

Excellent day today, 5 gullies and the icing was a N. Summit lap.

Tram line was huge for the 1st lap and then died way off so I was sucked into the vortex.

I saw Tay-tay working the tram line like a hostess in Vegas. Whatever, it at least shows that he give a little bit of a shit.

I came home with a grin.
    NB must have x-ray vision. Good day on the slopes, but tough vision for me above the treeline.

@ Yeahman, shoot me your digits, if I come down I would love to take a walk with you.
    Will do. Going to watch a friend's kid in the freeride comp around 11 or 12 on Obsidian. So like 1 or 2 would be perfect.

Nice today. Gullies, mini hike to Upper Pinnacles, then went to the Dakota Bowl gate alone wondering if it was a good idea and lo and behold some guy (local type) was standing there hoping somebody would come along to partner with. Really nice snow out there.

do they normally do this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bs.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	273139
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....