Page 197 of 891 FirstFirst ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 22262
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CvE1s1qVIAAoCCC.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	224455

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Tram wait today: one to none cars. All you can eat gullies laps. Some guy was trying to set a record. When I arrived at 11:30 he was on number 13. At one o' clock he had 18. Rode up with him at 2:45 and he was on 32 (previous record 31 according to him). He was putting his skis on inside the tram so he could hop out and go. My last tram at 3 pm I saw him coming down first gully probably on lap 34. I think they may have let him board a couple more even though it was closed. So probably 35 or 36 gully laps. Maybe 50k vert?
    That’s my buddy switchy!

2Funky sounds like Not Bunion is working on that for you. Through the right channels exceptions can be made.

Yesterday was silly.
    Name:  IMG_1148.JPG
Views: 483
Size:  69.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^Cool photo regct. Definitely the deepest day this year for me.

Switchy...I thought people were calling him Fritzy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Had to be spring of ‘94 for many reasons. Only reason we were there was BB closed and the BB dirtbags migrated south with their frequent skier cards.

Just don’t tell him I post on an internet board for God’s sake.
    I'm going to tell him 1st thing tomorrow am.

Do you remember if when you hiked the Summit, was there a remote WX station on top? That would have been 94.

Back in those days, on some days the route du jour was to hike right up the bastard. We would generally do 4/5 Avalauncher shots before opening that particular route. Most days when we opened the S. Face it was a big deal. 15-20 people might show up in groups to hike up the shoulder of 1st Gully and cross to the East ridge and up to the summit. Generally the skiing was after the wind had wrecked it and most often very variable.

My 1st year at BS (92/93) there was this big ex-military guy on patrol, Vietnam Vet and a helluva good patroller and once you got past some chest puffing, a great human. Christmas Morning the place is a ghost town, about-3 Deg F and a nice little north wind. Charlie comes into the old top of the Triple Shack and there are 3 of us Rookie Fucks not really doing much. I had 7 year experience then but when you are new you are a rookie fuck.

Charlie says, "Grab your shit and hike the Big and then ski it in case anyone wants to ski it for Christmas", Like hell there will be.

There was no question about it, the other alternative was to let him pull our fingers off. So off we went hiking.

There was Me and a now very well known and even sort of famous if stuffy Avalanche Scientist, , and a gal named Nancy. We started off kicking steps and it was easy going and you got good penetration. By the time we were to the dogleg it required a couple of kicks to get a bootstep. That thing gets pretty steep when you are climbing up it, especially below the dogleg. Nancy was pretty quiet and just enduring, however at one point I thought I saw tears, I was cold as fuck and the Doctor was muttering under his breathe about Charlie.

We topped out in a little over an hour and a half to a vicious wind and hurriedly walked up to the Summit, had a quick look around and then headed back down. The skiing was memorable but not in a real great way.

We got back to the station and Nancy feet were as close to frostbite as I ever want to see again.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I'm going to tell him 1st thing tomorrow am.

Do you remember if when you hiked the Summit, was there a remote WX station on top? That would have been 94.

Back in those days, on some days the route du jour was to hike right up the bastard. We would generally do 4/5 Avalauncher shots before opening that particular route. Most days when we opened the S. Face it was a big deal. 15-20 people might show up in groups to hike up the shoulder of 1st Gully and cross to the East ridge and up to the summit. Generally the skiing was after the wind had wrecked it and most often very variable.

My 1st year at BS (92/93) there was this big ex-military guy on patrol, Vietnam Vet and a helluva good patroller and once you got past some chest puffing, a great human. Christmas Morning the place is a ghost town, about-3 Deg F and a nice little north wind. Charlie comes into the old top of the Triple Shack and there are 3 of us Rookie Fucks not really doing much. I had 7 year experience then but when you are new you are a rookie fuck.

Charlie says, "Grab your shit and hike the Big and then ski it in case anyone wants to ski it for Christmas", Like hell there will be.

There was no question about it, the other alternative was to let him pull our fingers off. So off we went hiking.

There was Me and a now very well known and even sort of famous if stuffy Avalanche Scientist, , and a gal named Nancy. We started off kicking steps and it was easy going and you got good penetration. By the time we were to the dogleg it required a couple of kicks to get a bootstep. That thing gets pretty steep when you are climbing up it, especially below the dogleg. Nancy was pretty quiet and just enduring, however at one point I thought I saw tears, I was cold as fuck and the Doctor was muttering under his breathe about Charlie.

We topped out in a little over an hour and a half to a vicious wind and hurriedly walked up to the Summit, had a quick look around and then headed back down. The skiing was memorable but not in a real great way.

We got back to the station and Nancy feet were as close to frostbite as I ever want to see again.
    Dang! Sounds like type 2 fun. I wonder if you signed me out before we went?

We didn't go to the top, we were arguing over who should drop in first. I wasn't going to the summit and miss out. So I don't know about the weather station. I didn't know anyone I hiked with my first season of living in MT (92-93) and if the tram opened 95-96, it had to be 94-95....April 94. Unless I'm forgetting some key clue, I have a terrible memory.

You should tell the story of how Cornfed punched out a ski patroller at the bar, that could be a good one tell.

A Viet Nam vet named 'Charlie'; that's just funny.

You should tell the story of how Cornfed punched out a ski patroller at the bar, that could be a good one tell.
    Never heard that one, it wasn't me although at times I am certain I probably deserved it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A shoutout to Lone Mountain sports for excellent work on my skis, cheap, and with a smile. Ten dollar core shot repair, and, I can't find it. Also refused to work on my older Bros, said, go out and damage them more, it isn't time yet. Cool dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Never heard that one, it wasn't me although at times I am certain I probably deserved it.
    Ha. I wouldn’t have brought it up if I thought it was you that got punched.

6 am dog walk report: 6 inches of light & fluffy up here in the Mountain Village and I gotta work today

Enjoy !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    6 am dog walk report: 6 inches of light & fluffy up here in the Mountain Village and I gotta work today

Enjoy !
    Er yeah, I am visiting my pops in Arizona this weekend so how about we stop with the snow reports for a few days? Just kidding. Hope you all have a great powdery Pres. Day weekend and the shitshow stays confined to the base area.

Er yeah, I am visiting my pops in Arizona this weekend so how about we stop with the snow reports for a few days? Just kidding. Hope you all have a great powdery Pres. Day weekend and the shitshow stays confined to the base area.
    Windy as shit today so south face will most likely be on hold all day, never a good thing for crowd dispersal. You picked a good weekend to be out of town, it's fuckin busy

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Windy as shit today so south face will most likely be on hold all day, never a good thing for crowd dispersal. You picked a good weekend to be out of town, it's fuckin busy
    Sounds like a good day for Lone Moose!

Er yeah, I am visiting my pops in Arizona this weekend so how about we stop with the snow reports for a few days?
    Too bad, bro. My fellow maggots need this info.

6am dog walk report: 8 inches again

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ooofta, more than a bit tired from yesterdays festivities.

As Old Oddskins once said, "vow to endeavor to persevere".

Leaving for the Really Big in 38 minutes.

Edit to add: Well worth the drive and the crowds. Tram Line was tragic, the rest of the Mountain busy but excellent skiing, never stood in a line longer than 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Not bunion; 02-18-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Holee fuck, what a day. Started with pow halfway to my knees and wind blowing sideways, and ended with pow still halfway to my knees and beautiful bluebird sky. Tons of fun in the trees over on Moonlight (Shaftway, Moonshine, etc...). My last run at 2pm was down Lookout Ridge and there was still lots of untracked boot deep on the sides. Got to Broken Promise and could not believe it was totally untracked at 2pm. I dropped in and tracked it up, and was reminded why it is named what it is as i herringboned my way out of it.

My legs are total rubber right now. Best day of the best season. Hands down. So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    My legs are total rubber right now. Best day of the best season. Hands down. So much fun.
    I feel so fortunate to be working today and not have to suffer the misery of rubbery legs after another powder day. Glad people could enjoy the fresh snow.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Killer day for sure. One and done up top early. Actually fairly wind affected compared to yesterday and thursday. Down low in the trees was bliss when the sun came out.

Bridger skied well as well although I think I nipped my nose. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0633.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	224709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0631.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	224710

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4214.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	224737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9138.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	224738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9139.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	224739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4231.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	224740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4232.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	224741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4231.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	224740

Great skiing out there today!

^ great shots. Love skiing in that area.

Dog walk report: about a half inch, but I think it is just wind sift, not new. Also cold, minus -10F.

Date Time Temp RH % 24 Snow Snow Depth H2O
    02/19 07:00 -18.0 77 1.0 75.9 0.07

From Lookout Ridge.

I think I will drink coffee and work on my taxes.

Yippiekyee motherfuckers!

Nothing new today. Still cold.

Tomorrow looks to be reasonable. I have to put in some work hours today. Spent the bulk of yesterday on the couch in the sunshine with a good book.