Page 214 of 892 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 22285
    Corned up real nice today. Had a great time, complete ghost town other than all the PSIA groups. No complaints from me.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    well you’re not a tram rat
    Nope. I would rather ski around and hotbox smokestacks all day. Having said that, the tram line was not bad today.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

It was nice today, yes. Tram line was manageable for us rodent types. North Summit was walk-on and skiing exceptionally well mid-afternoon. Glad I decided to come down for one last day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180419_190243.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	232860

Was it spring or winter up on the N Summit Snowfield? Meaning will it be icy in the morning and won't be good until it warms up a bit? Anybody get in the Big C? Any word on conditions in there?

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Was it spring or winter up on the N Summit Snowfield? Meaning will it be icy in the morning and won't be good until it warms up a bit? Anybody get in the Big C? Any word on conditions in there?
    Not really spring snow on the NS but I heard it was a little firm in the morning. Got better as the day warmed. Marx was definitely spring snow and started to firm up and get chattery when a cloud covered the sun about 2:30. Liberty and Lenin surely the same. Gullies/Cron's stayed soft till 3. Guy I spoke to did the Cooler and said it was decent. Not many people skiing it.

Take all this with a grain of salt, of course.

Thanks!!

I prefer to think of Harry as, The Big Cheese...........
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Heading up to the big right now, give me a shout if you see me and want to make turns. Meeting up with thefrush tomorrow. Probably will be skiing laps off challenger and the tram mid morning once the snow softens up a bit. Green jacket, gray pants, blue float pack, red supernaturals. 30 pack in the trunk to share for required lunch and/or apres shenanigans.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heres the vid we made for Tony's service. Grab a beer and check it out!

Name:	BigTimberPeak_SP173993.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	232964
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I prefer to think of Harry as, The Big Cheese...........
    That sounds fitting.

You just won a t-shirt that sez: "I Skied With The Big Cheese"

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Spring is here - It got WARM at the really big today. N Summit and Big C were relatively firm but edge-able late morning to early afternoon. Tram line was nearly an hour but skiing was worth it, especially as the lower mountain was getting mushy. Spring is here.

Name:	IMG_0987.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	233075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1002.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	233073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1090.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	284.5 KB 
ID:	233074

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Heading up to the big right now, give me a shout if you see me and want to make turns. Meeting up with thefrush tomorrow. Probably will be skiing laps off challenger and the tram mid morning once the snow softens up a bit. Green jacket, gray pants, blue float pack, red supernaturals. 30 pack in the trunk to share for required lunch and/or apres shenanigans.

My buddy Adam and I will up there both days. Probably not an early start. We will be chilling and grilling in 4WD lot after skiing. All black clothes, red and white Hojis, black Tundra in the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Spring is here - It got WARM at the really big today. N Summit and Big C were relatively firm but edge-able late morning]
    Hit the Big C at 1245 yesterday and the snow was the best of the day. Did a bunch of laps around cache trees, little gullies, and little tree in the afternoon - snow pretty good there even later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    My buddy Adam and I will up there both days. Probably not an early start. We will be chilling and grilling in 4WD lot after skiing. All black clothes, red and white Hojis, black Tundra in the lot.
    Good idea to have a designated driver on Saturday (Pond Skim day). A 16-deputy DUI Task Force just rolled into town.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Good idea to have a designated driver on Saturday (Pond Skim day). A 16-deputy DUI Task Force just rolled into town.
    I predict that they will have very good fishing.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Good heads up. Lots of hammered folks driving around up there tonight. Luckily, I'm one of those weirdos who hasn't drank/smoked in years.

Actually pretty damn fun slush skiing today.

Soft slushy bumps were pretty fun yesterday off Challenger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Just spent an hour in the tram line chatting with Lonnie Ball. Made my day! Skied all over with thefrush yesterday, got in some good skiing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Just spent an hour in the tram line chatting with Lonnie Ball. Made my day! Skied all over with thefrush yesterday, got in some good skiing for sure.

My wife and I spent nearly an hour on the tram line with him and his wife on Friday. So cool! Then they headed off to N Summit. Such an inspiration! 70 plus with two fake hips. I want to be him when I'm his age.

I was today !

In line for an hour with some friends, then a great run down Marx to finish out the season.

Those luge runs they made were fun. I got halfway down the one in The Bowl before I got wildly out of control and was shot out like a torpedo.

Name:	IMG_1707.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	233296

Fan Mountain

Probably will be a foot of new or more up there tomorrow morning. That is another one of Lone Mountains best practical jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Probably will be a foot of new or more up there tomorrow morning. That is another one of Lone Mountains best practical jokes.
    6am dog walk report: 8 inches of fresh

I'm sure it will be awesome when I win the day of heli skiing on the peak in May. Supposedly if you purchased a gold pass by April 8 you got entered in the drawing.

I wonder if they do any control work for the heli skiers. What if it's been dumping--do they drop some bombs or how's that going to work? Seems like they would have to do something before sending people up there.

Would be funny if they only let the winners ski liberty :-) What would you pick as a run if everything was good snow condition and you won? No idea if it will hold up, but after watching dozen people drop the little on Friday, that would be my pick.