Page 361 of 884 FirstFirst ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 22078
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    I must ask, you on the couch or the floor?

What with it being the season it is you as the Mayor must be very very busy. New Years will be here soon.
    In my bed. Life is good.

Yes, my work has gotten very busy and will remain so until New Years. But I snuck out for a few runs this afternoon with my lady. She said she had ridden a lift with Yeahman. Lulz that she calls him by his last name.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

What? He has a name?

Stay sane.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Shack tour today revealed that the rumors are true. Some MTB’ers this summer hotboxed the Two-Story Shack and burned it down !!!!

Fond memories of getting baked on the sofa on the lower level with MiCol & Djongo. A sad day for shack culture.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    and burned it down !!!!

that sux.......glad they didnt burn the forest down too
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I’m gonna get a couple turns in tomorrow if anyone wants to join... crack of 10 or 11. Orange coat, blue pants. Usually skiing aggressively with wildly gesticulating Midwest arm style

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    that sux.......glad they didnt burn the forest down too
    Where you at ? I was hanging out at your luxe real estate development and I did not see your brodozer.

She said she had ridden a lift with Yeahman. Lulz that she calls him by his last name.
    That's because she sees our last name on the sign in front of our cabin every day. Today she called me Mike (no) then asked if my brother was Mike (no) so she probably gave up and decided to stick with what she knows. Anyway it was nice talking to her and hearing all the scuttlebutt about your job lol.

Damn fun day today. Four Liberty laps followed by Middle Road skates and I'm cooked. Not half bad conditions up there. Just nice to be back up top.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That's because she sees our last name on the sign in front of our cabin every day. Today she called me Mike (no) then asked if my brother was Mike (no) so she probably gave up and decided to stick with what she knows. Anyway it was nice talking to her and hearing all the scuttlebutt about your job lol.

Damn fun day today. Four Liberty laps followed by Middle Road skates and I'm cooked. Not half bad conditions up there. Just nice to be back up top.
    Liberty was great, sorry I missed everyone. Wasn’t checking the board after I arrived. Bunion, I was doing laps with K.K. Wondering if you guys are kosher? Would love to do laps with ya but I don’t Want to bring two arch enemies together unknowingly, ha.

Anyone skiing Bridger tomorrow?

Thinking bout heading back to bridger on sat, any info on how the ridge is skiing? I know it's still early just wondering bout exits etc..? Worth it to throw the split in and take a walk north?

Where you at ? I was hanging out at your luxe real estate development and I did not see your brodozer.

brodozer parked out of state....i am leaving for a brief reprieve next week and driving it back in later....i almost stopped at the mayoral offices to say hey yesterday, but the parking lot situation there was untenable

knock or text, im either here or out on piste
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I'm bailing on work early Friday and heading to Bridger, probably looking at a 1:30 arrival. Anybody going to be up there?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Liberty was great, sorry I missed everyone. Wasn’t checking the board after I arrived. Bunion, I was doing laps with K.K. Wondering if you guys are kosher? Would love to do laps with ya but I don’t Want to bring two arch enemies together unknowingly, ha.

Anyone skiing Bridger tomorrow?
    KK? (edit to add) Eureka!, I have seen Kevin in his office this year, we used to Kayak a bit together, never had issue with him. Hope he is doing well, the man is Real Old Big Sky.

I did threaten to beat the shit out of some young Jerry who was too fast too close on Tippys road during opening week.

Off to the South Y'all. See ya next Week.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bunion leaves town and we get a powder day !

KK? (edit to add) Eureka!, I have seen Kevin in his office this year, we used to Kayak a bit together, never had issue with him. Hope he is doing well, the man is Real Old Big Sky.

I did threaten to beat the shit out of some young Jerry who was too fast too close on Tippys road during opening week.

Def not kevin. I PM'd you a name.

I'll be at BB today with green Blizzards, Oakley googles, and somewhat tall. Idahospud or anyone say hi...

Def not kevin. I PM'd you a name.

I'll be at BB today with green Blizzards, Oakley googles, and somewhat tall. Idahospud or anyone say hi...
    Unless I snap completely, I'm stuck behind a desk all day today. Never rule it out, of course, but tomorrow afternoon I'll be out for sure.

The horror of losing two very distinctive smoke shacks in one summer is depressing. Here is the "Styles Shack" in former glory. I don't have a picture of Herbie.
    Name:  Styles Shack.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  118.2 KB

In more upbeat news Harry hooked me up for a source for a great hat for my brother which arrived recently.

Name:  Desert Storm Hat.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  110.0 KB

Bunion leaves town and we get a powder day !
    Hell yeah! I think that 4-5 inches of untracked powder on Big Horn first run was some of the lightest I've ever skied at Big Sky. Fluffy stuff, really fun. Liberty was good laps again today too, kinda started out wind affected but then morphed into buff. No tram line all day. December is officially my favorite month.

Bunion, we owe you a brew.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    i almost stopped at the mayoral offices to say hey yesterday, but the parking lot situation there was untenable
    Lots of maggot action at my workplace yesterday, first Mrs. Talisman fought her way through the parking shitshow, and then 30 minutes later the CEO of Freeride Systems, MiCol himself, strolls in like a BOSS wearing the latest in ski outerwear. Mag has style.

I'll be at BBowl this afternoon by 1:30 or so. Blue pants, red jacket, white helmet with Anon goggles, change for a nickel. If anybody else is up then, give a shout.

I have to go to Helena for a meeting. Is there anything more useless than Friday meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I have to go to Helena for a meeting. Is there anything more useless than Friday meetings?
    Friday afternoon bid openings are right up there, although they generally result in something being accomplished. As opposed to meetings ...
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Had a great trip visiting friends and skiing.

I've seen this parking technique at Snowbird a bunch, now I've seen it at BS:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1540.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	306002

End result times 4:

Name:	IMG_1542.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	306003

Standard BS Skiing:

Name:	IMG_1539.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	306004

Bridger had low base but was damn fun

Name:	IMG_1557-3.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	306005

Some hippie rolling down pats. I fucking love this run, so unique for a ski area starting right under a lift too.
    Name:  IMG_1553.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  84.1 KB

First tracks down Morning Glory....was only a couple inches so barely 'first tracks' but was smooth.

Name:	IMG_1558-3.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	306007

Movie Premiere honoring local legends, sold out show. Scot Schmidt skyped in. Endless local legends in the crowd too, such a good community at BB.

Name:	IMG_1549-3.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	306008

Now back to your regularly scheduled Harry's office chit-chat and smoke shack beta pics....hope to be back when you guys get snow.

Standard BS Skiing:
    You should send that one to Jerry of the Day.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    You should send that one to Jerry of the Day.
    Eh, not sure what you mean, the snowboarder once rode the BS tram line (whatever line is from tram deck straight down) and has 1st descents in Chamonix, Peru, etc. Including a few 1sts you can see from the top of the BS tram. If he is walking, it's probably because it's fast and smart. But then again that would be funny if he's posted on JOTD, maybe that's the joke? Other guy is a complete ripper too, don't know him well though, a freind of the snowboarder.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Interesting, as I have also heard legend of the snowboarder who did the tramline at big sky.

In other news, big sky had some interesting snow today, bit of powder and a bit of firm.

It’s sad to see that options are so limited at this resort for the general public to sit down and relax.

I went and ate a sandwich at the Summit Hotel, and watched as the general manager kicked out a gal who was taking a nap on a chair. The whole place was empty, and his next stop was me.

When I asked if I was a guest of the hotel, I replied that I was thinking about it, but wasn’t really feeling the hospitality.

I know it’s easy to nitpick stuff about resorts, but I’ve skied many places in the US, CA and in Japan, and I’ve never really run into the weird configuration that big sky has.
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 12-13-2019 at 05:21 PM.