Page 323 of 890 FirstFirst ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 22245
    Insider intel source say a key part of the decision was hiding the IKON pass from public view. Apparently top management got shit on by IKON corporate over all the negative feedback about Big Sky locals.
    You don't really need a pass to spot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    You don't really need a pass to spot them.
    Also many of them still wear their passes on an armband or lanyard outside their jacket, even at resorts with rfid. #localsmatter

Looks like the club settled those liquor law violations. They're paying a fine and taking short suspensions (probably scheduled for minimum business disruption), but the bigger news if I read the article right is that they admitted fault, which could be big of they have any further legal issues (not that I'm saying places that don't play by the rules tend to continue ignoring rules, but...).

https://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...mpaign=LEEDCC+

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Looks like the club settled those liquor law violations. They're paying a fine.
    $377K fine is not chump change even for YC. A fine like that would crush a local watering hole or restaurant.

No surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    $377K fine is not chump change even for YC. A fine like that would crush a local watering hole or restaurant.
    Dude a Liquor license costs more than than up front. Yeah, it IS Chump Change considering the violations.
    Last edited by Not bunion; 06-25-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: silly rumors I will wait to see him in a dress. Urrrrgh

And they'll probably serve the suspensions during off season black outs.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Loopholes will be found. Free booze will flow when it needs to.
    It is the Yellowstone Club after all....

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    It is the Yellowstone Club after all....
    It's also a big cash register now for any regulatory agency that can ring them up for something.

Wow, bunch of detail added to that Gazette story after I first looked at it. I was going to say that nevermind the fine, the loss of inventory alone would put most local watering holes out of business, but apparently they're getting the booze back.

The penalties are in the range of what I expected--enough to be more than a slap on the wrist, but not anywhere near the maximum. The article mentions August, September and December for suspensions, with the multiple locations serving then non concurrently. I'm not surprised by that; even the Snag managed to get its suspension lined up with shoulder season a year or two ago.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Right, they died of natural causes.
    OK, mea culpa, Bunion was right, again. I didn't realize that groundhogs are marmots like the noble yellow bellied marmot in MT. I admit to killing groundhogs, a lot of them, on my grandfather's farm as they did a material of crop damage to broccoli, cauliflower and strawberries. Grandpa could barely see and would miss with the '03 Springfield and had me try with success.

There is another story about ground dwelling rodents tamed with highway flares and a lawnmower best told over beer and whisky.

Bunion: sent you an important text message.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

See post 8102

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Note: Bunion's post has nothing to do with my text message to him. I think he was responding to Talisman.

My text msg to Bunion involved a rumor spreading like wildfire today in Big Sky. Bunion says it is old news, might be true, might not, so I am not going to repeat it here.
    Last edited by Harry; 06-26-2019 at 06:45 PM.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Way, way, way too explosive. And since it involves intimate personal details about a specific individual, so I am not going to post it, even though we all think the guy is a fuckhead.

My stance will change if it turns out the rumor is true.

True or not, who really gives a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    My text msg to Bunion involved a rumor spreading like wildfire today in Big Sky. Bunion says it is old news, might be true, might not, so I am not going to repeat it here.
    New talent at the Beefalo!?

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    New talent at the Beefalo!?
    OK, enough speculation (sorry Harry). Here is the deal: this year's PBR in Big Sky will be non-gender binary. Some competitor's who once identified as male will compete in barrel racing and a few of the bull riders now identify as "other." This gets complicated and is very controversial and tickets to the Rainbow PBR Rodeo will be harder to get than in the past.

NTTIAWWT

Gonna be hitting a m2m lap 2moro en route to some quake/ upper mad float. If ya see a beater on a nomad say hi and I'll buy ya a beer or something.

Harry, I ran across a guy we both know who has been in Big Sky since 1978 and has been on the patrol for a coons age. Good guy, totally trustworthy.

He confirmed everything.

The soon to be ex-wife made the announcement in a general e-mail to the entire staff. She is a little bit bitter.

Ok, now you've got to tell. What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Ok, now you've got to tell. What's up?
    Don't be silly. This thread exists for them to post shit that they're texting each other about while keeping us ever-so-slightly in the loop. Think of it as a helpful, redundant system - for Harry and Bunion.