Page 140 of 891 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 22259
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    I heard the lift-left-ladies got a free condo and free skiing privileges for life, in exchange for a dropped suit? Something like that.

Pretty funny "we will reimburse the money", lol.

As far as half-day price lift tix are concerned, my understanding is that it's a state tourism program and any season pass at any mountain in the state gets you half-day rates at the others.
    Hell, I'd spend the night on the lift for a lifetime pass. Where do I sign up?

Half day rates...you get them as long as the area you hold the pass to is still open. Snowbowl in particular is a stickler about that--show up there with a Disco pass when Disco is closed for the season and you do not get half-day rate.

I showed up at the Snowbowl ticket window with my Big Sky gold pass two minutes before half day started, and Ronnie made me stand there for two minutes and wait. Such a Ronnie move, I just had to laugh.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Ronnie
    I have some great memories of Snowbowl, but that hair-lipped witch is someone I am glad I will never see again.

Edit to add: I miss Garland's food.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Funny how 1/2 day doesn't = 1/2 price.

I have some BS vouchers. Don't think I have any close friends or family coming to visit this season. HMU.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    I have some BS vouchers. Don't think I have any close friends or family coming to visit this season. HMU.
    Ghosthop or wordbird should have dibs, but if they pass I will take them. I have friends in Missoula who will use them.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Looking like the end of this week could get funky : )
    "Totally Wicked"

Quote Originally Posted by chris.goodhue View Post
    Looking like the end of this week could get funky : )
    Thank Christ. I'm gonna go take another bike ride in a t shirt and ponder winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Ghosthop or wordbird should have dibs, but if they pass I will take them. I have friends in Missoula who will use them.
    Copy that

Got a little white stuff today, hoping for more to come. That's it, that's all!
    Originally Posted by eshed
    Here's a story from a buddy of mine: He was skiing somewhere on the EC (I forget where) and saw a Texan and his son standing at the top of the halfpipe.

Dad (to son): "Why don't you go on down in that stunt ditch and do something special?"

Anyone know what opening weekend is looking like at BS? Dodging rocks on Mr. K or might we get lucky with more terrain?

by the looks of it, probably the first thing you said.

I was at Moonlight yesterday working, it was above freezing. There is about 3" of natural base at 8K.

Unless it snows, well you get the picture.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Lav View Post
    Anyone know what opening weekend is looking like at BS? Riding the Magic Carpet or might we get lucky with more terrain?
    FIFY

Their website has a bunch of runs listed as open including Upper Morningstar, which would require the new bowl chair to be open. Must be a mistake?

OK, I think I will have to eat my previous snark-y post. A legit 6 inches of powder on opening day ! See you jokers at first chair.

OK, I think I will have to eat my previous snark-y post. A legit 6 inches of powder on shark fields! See you jokers at the base weld station.
    FIFY.
    In all seriousness tho, have a great day, be safe. Sounds better than lapping explorer chair all day, which is what we all expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    FIFY.
    In all seriousness tho, have a great day, be safe. Sounds better than lapping explorer chair all day, which is what we all expected.
    UPDATE: only Explorer is going to open today....

Last edited by Harry; 11-24-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Yeah, well it is only November 24th after all.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I had a FKNA fantastic day. Yeah, it was only the Explorer lift, but the sun was shining and everyone was happy to be sliding around on snow again. Then I ate a shitload of turkey and pumpkin pie. I am a happy boy right now.

The one run off explorer isn't too bad .... could be worse, i am just happy to be making some turns.... whats the latest on challenger; looks like its missing a few chairs

Checked out Cooke yesterday. Needs more snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Checked out Cooke yesterday. Needs more snow.
    I drove through to 296 from the Park via Cooke on Wednesday; lots of stuff looked like "just a little more" would make it interesting.

RLM opened today and they were nice enough to drop ropes on a lot of stuff that hasn't seen snowmaking. Surprisingly, the two natural-snow runs I snuck in at work were actually pretty decent (I didn't hit any rocks, although I heard some loud noises from the lift). Fingers crossed for a bit more snow to really open things up.

Quote Originally Posted by peck257 View Post
    whats the latest on challenger; looks like its missing a few chairs
    Word from a drunk lifty at Scissorbills: somebody fucked up and the cable needs to be re-spliced. No idea how reliable that info is...

Word from a drunk lifty at Scissorbills: somebody fucked up and the cable needs to be re-spliced. No idea how reliable that info is...
    Hopefully they didn't cut it too short.

First time poster here, just trying to not be a taker only. It seems like this is mostly resort oriented so just let me know if this is not useful in this forum. I ski around Big Sky at least a few times per week so thought I could help share beta with community.

Went up Beehive on Sunday, found 130 to 200cm of mostly unconsolidated snow in the 4th July Couloir with some density breaks in all the new/windblown snow, but the real problem is basal again - hard ice crust on ground with facets on top. Not super sensitive but not trustworthy. 4th and apron skied deep and good but a minefield all the way to car. The Monday snow will surely help with the lower elevation access.