Page 338 of 347 FirstFirst ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 8651
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    But did you stay at a Holiday Inn recently?
    Being a road warrior I have stayed at many Holiday Inns, Marriotts, Hyatts, Ramadas, Hiltons and 3rd world flea bags. I am fortunate to have worked with some brilliant Finance people and tax attorneys, some of their wisdom did get imparted to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1856.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	293338

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I double-dog-dare Talisman to call that number.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

bronz here....skins and sled docked close and ready to go fo the off days
    im training for ak right now, but my ak is really bs in mt
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

Last year for 'Threads for Shreds' jacket trade in program!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

Pay parking will be a reality within 3-5 years if not sooner, only way to reduce the traffic and encourage more ride sharing.
    this is when hill condos will really pay dividends

www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    this is when hill condos will really pay dividends
    If they are still standing......
    Mister Man! Mister Man! Mister Man. They left this card.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Heh.

The renovation work is alot more in depth than I thought. On some units they are going as far as replacing some structural stuff. New insulation, sheathing, and siding on most of the work I have seen. Really doing a good job. Prices were already nuts. Will only get crazier when the work is done.

The 3 Ls...........

The 3 Ls...........
    I am reading this thread about parking and lockers and it makes me so thankful for my L

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I am reading this thread about parking and lockers and it makes me so thankful for my L
    I am also grateful for my location, but the lesson from Vail development is any structure is a potential knockdown for a spot to build something new.

lol...
    but with the new metal and hardi board wrap being installed ....think frozen package of biscuits...should get us another half century i guess...

btw...
    look fwd to skiing again with all you guys this season!

www.freeridesystems.com

I keep wondering when and how Cedar Creek condos will be bought and knocked down for some sort of fancy hotel or building. How would a developer buy out every owner? But the L makes it seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    I keep wondering when and how Cedar Creek condos will be bought and knocked down for some sort of fancy hotel or building. How would a developer buy out every owner? But the L makes it seem likely.
    That's the rub. Prices on Cedar and Hill Condos are at a place now that a straight buyout would be utterly insane. Even for some super deep Vail sized pockets. 30-40M to buy out just the hills assuming everyone agrees to sell for cash at approx current market value. That's super rough armchair math. Knock down 180 units and build 40-60 large high end units for 1.5-2M each? Build a chair that goes across the road and lands essentially where the hill condos dumpsters are now or the hill satellite parking.

Actually the more I think about it the more likely it seems in the next 10-15 years assuming the mega pass trains keep rolling.

But, clearly I'm not a golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    How would a developer buy out every owner?
    The straight forward approach is buying out the owners. The cheaper way is buying enough units to control the HOA votes. There is likely a legal approach involving MT law pertaining to property partitions. Knockdowns are big $, but are getting more frequent in resort towns.

Bunion provided the Big Sky example of the parcel where the Big Horn condos are now once was the Deer lodge complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Prices were already nuts. Will only get crazier when the work is done.
    What are they going for these days? Back when I started shopping in the area, when Big Sky was just beginning to recover from the last crash, you could find foreclosed and short-sale Hill Condos in the freaking TEENS!!! I found plenty of decent examples in the 30s-40s, albeit in need of a bit of TLC. Crazy to think about. In restrospect, I should've bought up half the damn complex! Lol. Shoulda woulda coulda, but alas...

The cheaper way is buying enough units to control the HOA votes.
    FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    What are they going for these days? Back when I started shopping in the area, when Big Sky was just beginning to recover from the last crash, you could find foreclosed and short-sale Hill Condos in the freaking TEENS!!! I found plenty of decent examples in the 30s-40s, albeit in need of a bit of TLC. Crazy to think about. In restrospect, I should've bought up half the damn complex! Lol. Shoulda woulda coulda, but alas...
    180's fixed up brah...high 180's going on $250, tlc units 160-170's ......for comparison ....cheapest walk to lift 1 br in coloraddo is like $400k and the ikon is bringing those buyers to bs....

those shoshone bs condotels up close are like $270k, but have $2000 month hoa fees, and owners cant reside there for more than X number of days,...so hill is one of the best values and nothing priced close...u shoulda bought bunches of them....you'd b bilzilllionair

www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

But, clearly I'm not a golfer.
    no

Attachment 293529

www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Everybody clued in at the same time and that bank owned inventory disappeared overnight. I was just starting a big project up there and wifey and I started looking around the meadows for a place to hole up while working along with renting rooms out to out of town workers.

It turned out we weren't the only ones with that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    180's fixed up brah...high 180's going on $250, tlc units 160-170's ......for comparison ....cheapest walk to lift 1 br in coloraddo is like $400k and the ikon is bringing those buyers to bs....

those shoshone bs condotels up close are like $270k, but have $2000 month hoa fees, and owners cant reside there for more than X number of days,...so hill is one of the best values and nothing priced close...u shoulda bought bunches of them....you'd b bilzilllionair
    Cracking the 300k mark for the 2bd/2ba lofts gutted to the studs and finished up nicely.

Hill Condos have pretty high HOA's for what you get though don't they? I remember looking into it and thinking it seemed really out of whack for a place that piles snow directly up against the windows and walls of their own units. wtf

And I don't know what the special assessment was for all this renovation work that's being done but it was probably pretty beefy. Definitely needed though or those places were borderline condemnable. NB said at one point that none of those buildings even had plywood sheathing...they just slapped the siding right onto the framing. Hopefully they are addressing that with this reno work. I did see the new stairwells when I was looking at a couple units last year and they looked built to last, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Hill Condos have pretty high HOA's for what you get though don't they? I remember looking into it and thinking it seemed really out of whack for a place that piles snow directly up against the windows and walls of their own units. wtf

And I don't know what the special assessment was for all this renovation work that's being done but it was probably pretty beefy. Definitely needed though or those places were borderline condemnable. NB said at one point that none of those buildings even had plywood sheathing...they just slapped the siding right onto the framing. Hopefully they are addressing that with this reno work. I did see the new stairwells when I was looking at a couple units last year and they looked built to last, so there's that.
    HOA is like $350ish/month. Special assessment is a big chunk. Like over 10k, but if you look at where these prices are going it seems totally worth it. They are definitley not fucking around with the reno work. New sheathing, insulation, and siding. All new trim work. New windows. Even new structure under the sheathing in alot of instances.

For what it's worth, my buddy who just moved into a pimped out 2bd/2ba loft unit will be paying much less with mortgage + HOA at Hill than he was renting in the meadow at a place with propane heat (which we all know heats nice but its like burning piles of cash in Big Sky).

^^ smaller unit hoa is $233 mo
    spec ass was $4300 and worth it imo , the decks, railings and landings were already upgraded. the ass. covered new windows, framing rot repair and total re-skin of facade....

yeahman...no
    the old exterior wood was solid and nothing more than just losing paint and some rot from shitty windows and or flashing or maybe even leaky roofs....i would not say that they were slapped together...that is a stretch (i did not look close enough b4 i left town about whether there was sheathing)...but pretty sure there was.., 1970's right? 60's whatever.., there was most likely code back then for shear strength (snow load , etc).... hill was dated and as typical for local inventory at bottom price range in a land of rich or silver spooned ....shunned by long term locals and written off as a dump cept maybe favored by dirtbag crews...to the trained eye this was a great investment for small time investors like myself....replacement cost including land would probably be well in excess of $500 if not closer to 700-800 per sf....., thats what the new stuff seems to be selling for around the corner with farther to walk to lift than hill, could b $1000 sf cant remember...

so with completely new exteriors, people with remodeled interiors basically have pimped out pads for cheap, cheap carrying costs and walk to lifts

btw i was paying $670 a mo hoa at copper mtn for same thing basically, i will take $233 all day long

www.freeridesystems.com

SA at $ 4300.00 for upgrades isn't bad.

I owned # 1831 for 10 years and sold at the top in 2006 and did a lot to the interior before I sold it and I can assure you that there was no sheathing. I also never had a heating bill worth mentioning, the downstairs kept me toasty. When those units were originally (75 ish) built there may have been a code in Bozeman but not up in Big Sky.

The location is still unbeatable.

And then there is that property across the street that belongs to Hill, gotta be worth a nice chunk of $$$.

Talisman showed up at my office this morning. Always good to see him. Pretty much just talked business. I forgot to tell him about the 6x6 bull elk I saw halfway between his driveway and my driveway this morning. No pic, but he way burly. Large and in charge, looking for some ladies.