Page 239 of 891 FirstFirst ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 22259
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    opener.
    Your Minnesota/Wisconsin roots are showing, d00d.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Day 1 in the book. All the parking lots full, $ 80.00 for a day pass.

Went to the bowl and stayed there. 9 laps including 2 when they opened the Turkey Traverse (how fitting).

Lots of lurking rocks amid good coverage. Snow in the forecast. Thanks to BSSP for all the effort. Game on!

^^ Agree, great conditions for an opening day. You must have been up later than me, because the Turkey Traverse was not open when i was there. (9am till 12) My legs turned to rubber at noon, so I headed home for a nap on the sofa, followed by Turkey dinner at 4 with my GF.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Pics I’m seeing have me super jealous. Looks like a great opener for you guys.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Radio said "3 inches mid mountain", but my house has 6 this morning.

6 what.....?

Nevermind.............

I may be down tomorrow but I am guessing you will be at work. I will be down for sure on Sunday. Lets make a few turns.
    Last edited by Not bunion; 11-23-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Snow in the forecast next week, I think I'll swing through
    for a few days.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Wednesday + Thursday for me. Hope the forecast holds!

Snow was pretty good in Bearhive today. Also some pretty funky crust, but still a great day out!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1835.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	256844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1839.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	256845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1842.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	256846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1874.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	256847

Nice WMD! I'm coming back 2moro so save some snow for me at bridger sunday.

I skied Bridger today, and it was one of the best openers I've had in years.
    No lift lines.
    Boot deep pow for three/four hours, creamy turns down low.
    Explored Schlasmann's Lift for the first time (hadn't skied a full day here since I was 15).
    Even met a group of MSU dudes who showed me around the Ridge.
    Little wind affected up there, but we had enough coverage to mess around and ski some chutes.
    Well, shit. Thanks Montana!

Name:	IMG_3710.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	256870

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I may be down tomorrow but I am guessing you will be at work. I will be down for sure on Sunday. Lets make a few turns.
    Yeah, I will be working every Saturday all season long. I will be out on the mountain every Sunday though. Not sure what my steeze will be, blue helmet for sure. I will keep my eyes peeled for you, you are pretty easy to spot. Be good to make turns and catch up on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Yeah, I will be working every Saturday all season long. I will be out on the mountain every Sunday though.
    Well, its not like Saturday's are a good day to have off to free ski anymore.

Not sure what my steeze will be, blue helmet for sure. I will keep my eyes peeled for you, you are pretty easy to spot. Be good to make turns and catch up on things.
    I will text you if I drive down on Sunday.

Dumping real hard up here.

There's a lot of new snow up here at Big Sky!

High winds and heavy snowfall mean only Swifty and Challenger are open today so far...

Name:	IMG_1877.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	295.7 KB 
ID:	256971

Dude!

This is by far the best opening weekend I can remember. It just keeps nuking !

Challenger was good but still limited terrain, with all the new snow and wind 100% understandable.

I did hear a disturbing rumor. Friend was talking with the Lift crew building the 2 new chairs. They will have the 8 pack right ready around the scheduled time, 12/15 +-.

Bad news is they are short staffed and the new quad at Shedhorn will be sometime after that.

The line at Swifty was freaking huge when I passed through the base area at about 10:30.

I took a ride on Explorer and by the end of that lap the line was much more manageable. Kudos to the Mtn Ops crew running the maze at the bottom. No wasted chairs. Thank you.

Tomorrow should be good.

Looks like they got the Bowl open. Too bad I'm done for today. Tomorrow should still be good.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Good to see Bunion today. Clear & cold. Powderseeker not loading in the morning so I lapped Swifty all morning with my non-mag buddy until my feet froze.

Update: got warmed up and headed back out for more. The Bowl had opened up during my 30 minute hot cocoa break, so I lapped that. Great coverage and boot deep soft.
    Last edited by Harry; 11-25-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Backside laps at Disco on Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Good to see Bunion today. Clear & cold. Powderseeker not loading in the morning so I lapped Swifty all morning with my non-mag buddy until my feet froze.

Update: got warmed up and headed back out for more. The Bowl had opened up during my 30 minute hot cocoa break, so I lapped that. Great coverage and boot deep soft.
    Good to share a chair ride with ya Harry. I managed to snake a 1st lap in the bowl ahead of the hordes and stayed there for 8 more. Word was that Liberty was ridiculous deep from yesterday's snow and north wind.

Went over to Challenger and was surprised at how empty it was and how good the coverage was.

For all the mags everywhere, is there a new thing where people ski without poles and just go mach chicken while in the backseat? Cause I saw that a lot today and these were not kids.

Good to share a chair ride with ya Harry. I managed to snake a 1st lap in the bowl ahead of the hordes and stayed there for 8 more. Word was that Liberty was ridiculous deep from yesterday's snow and north wind.

Went over to Challenger and was surprised at how empty it was and how good the coverage was.

For all the mags everywhere, is there a new thing where people ski without poles and just go mach chicken while in the backseat? Cause I saw that a lot today and these were not kids.
    Unfortunately it’s a thing over here as well. Makes zero sense and just a matter of time before they hurt someone.

I had to leave mid morning but my one lap in the Bowl with fresh snow will probably be a season highlight when I look back at this season next summer. Blue skies, deep soft snow. Perfect. Wish I could've stayed for more laps and the tram.

Powder Seeker sure is a comfy chair but 5 minute rides on a 6 seater means all that powder gets tracked fast.