Page 9 of 891 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Geezus...

And so the prophecy remains true - I come out and ski thin cover, and about a week later, DUMP. You're welcome guys. Next year, I'll come out in November.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Geezus...

And so the prophecy remains true - I come out and ski thin cover, and about a week later, DUMP. You're welcome guys. Next year, I'll come out in November.
    You must have forgot to go to Bridger, they got dick all from this last cycle. We'll save the shitty for ya if you want to come back out and give it another go...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    tram line could be murder.
    Understatement of the year.

Got first tracks down The Bowl, sweet ! Several laps there, then switched to the tram. Should have brought a book to read in line... Once up top conditions were great though.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    You must have forgot to go to Bridger, they got dick all from this last cycle. We'll save the shitty for ya if you want to come back out and give it another go...
    I like the sharper rocks on Lone Peak. Cleaner, deeper cuts.

I'm trying to line up something for March maybe. Likely a first-ever summer trip as well.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Understatement of the year.

Got first tracks down The Bowl, sweet ! Several laps there, then switched to the tram. Should have brought a book to read in line... Once up top conditions were great though.
    Nice, we also were on the first string of chairs. The Bowl was most excellent. The snow seemed to be a bit heavier than Saturday; almost chalky and creamy, depending on what exposure you skied.

I'm not sure when you got in the tram line, but around mid-day, it was only about a three car wait. Gullies to Crons had far better coverage and skied rad. Challenger delivered yet again. I heard Dakota finally made it open and it was most excellent, but we never made it over there.

The whole weekend, I was surprised at how empty Big Sky was... I guess everyone was in Jackson.

It's amazing how those two days of fantastic skiing changed my mood. All is well ...

Also, check out the webcams at Big Sky right now.

The forecast of "Snow Showers"

Music to Lone Mountain skiers ears. 3-5" new today, snowing hard when I left.

Early morning a/c already scheduled for tomorrow, going to try and re-open the N. Summit and open more new terrain in the Headwaters.

Now for the shitty part.

Ski it hard tomorrow because the wind is supposed to begin to blow come Wed. and may be a factor for several days. We need to staple this new bounty in place and keep it where it belongs.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ahhh, you like that eh? Built it with my own two hands, serves its purpose nicely and allows us to keep the riff raff on the other side where they belong.

You want to hang out? Go to the bus station.
    Oh, how the elbows will fly in the riff-raff zone when the snow is flying. You guys sure have stepped it up from the mold house of years past.

Anyway, that was quite a slide over there yesterday.. looked like it went top to bottom, all the way through direct.

Sleeper day today. Zero line and plenty o' snow.
    Stay left.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventy View Post
    Oh, how the elbows will fly in the riff-raff zone when the snow is flying. You guys sure have stepped it up from the mold house of years past.

Anyway, that was quite a slide over there yesterday.. looked like it went top to bottom, all the way through direct.

Sleeper day today. Zero line and plenty o' snow.

Yea we are doing our best to keep the silver box inhabitable. The cool kids will always be welcome on the other side of the door. I might get a chance to escape the rat race of the lower mountain today and spend some time up top, looks to be clear and sunny.

Some of the more zany characters have been putting in bold lines in Lone Lake. Not sure I want to watch that.

That slide started right at the top of the snowfield and ran past the meeting trees so it was a solid 2000' vert. and 3 feet+ deep where it broke. It tapered down to about a foot deep, all new snow, but was a pretty good indicator that things can get very exciting up there.

Be safe and sane, we didn't get the big load needed to clean out the facets so a lot of the slopes just outside the area have multiple bullets in the chamber and are waiting for someone to pull he trigger.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

dang old! its been good lately. i have a free bs day pass for... whoever wants it. just tell me a funny joke
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

What's brown and rhymes with snoop?

if the answer is poop, thats not very funny

Guy goes to the hospital to have his leg amputated. After surgery the doctor comes in and says he has good news and bad news. The guy asks for the bad news first.
    "The bad news is I cut off the wrong leg."
    "What? How could you do that?! What in the world is the 'good news'?"
    "The good news is the other one is getting better!"

This look familiar to anyone?

Found off Sheddy in the woods off of sunlight still flames going when I found it by the smoke coming up through the trees...good way to start a bigger fire is to leave your own fire unattended and burning in the middle of a forest full of deadfall. Granted, not likely a huge risk but seriously...don't be an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by nateski View Post
    if the answer is poop, thats not very funny
    Dr Dre!

Why can't Helen Keller drive?

Because she's a woman.

Big Sky was actually pretty good today as long as you managed to be above the Triple when it went on wind hold around 10:45...tram was nice smooth windbuff in the gullies/crons and almost nobody skied anything else. Shedhorn and Dakota never opened and the Triple was down from 10:45 on.

From the looks of things, after Wed. the long range FCST looks grim.

Another Rex-Block High Pressure Ridge seems to be in the future, leaving the SW Montana area, warm and dry......

Shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    From the looks of things, after Wed. the long range FCST looks grim.

Another Rex-Block High Pressure Ridge seems to be in the future, leaving the SW Montana area, warm and dry......

Shit!
    I saw that too. Here, I have a solution:

Quote Originally Posted by miker27 View Post
    Dr Dre!
    ftw. lemme know when yer comin up

AAAAAAAAGH! More warm weather! Been seeing more temps in the 50's, and no relief in sight according to the local forecast.

I am still dreaming of the super fun line I laid down X-chute in early january. Man that was fun. work has been keeping me too busy (and far away), and I wish there was moar snow. what is up with this winter?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	394059_10150527046808498_536038497_8837969_1322501407_n.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	109026  

Ask the geniuses at NOAA who are sticking to their guns about a banner La Nina winter still in store for us. If March is big at least they'll be batting .250, not too bad. Meanwhile, maybe all the facets will wet out in the February rex block.And maybe I can get this fucking screw out of my femur asap so I can shred at some point this season. I'm positive that is what's fuckin me up at this point. Gonna try and talk the doc into it tommorow, if not him, then goin somewhere else. It will surely start snowing probly the day I go under the knife.

Wish I was able to get up in Hyalite in the meanime, can't be too bad up there. Fuck, what I wouldn't give to lay into some turns on a groomer even at Bridger right now.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Heading up to Bozeman February 24th for a couple days with the girlfriend. Picking up a 4 Wheel Camper for the Tacoma as well. Probably ski Bridger a couple days, one day at Big Sky or Moonlight Basin, and a day touring. Anyone going to be around to show us the goods ?

Another day of Triple down, Tram spinning at Big Sky today, though the conditions were not as good as they were yesterday. Overnight the wind scoured the living shit out of the Yeti and the fences. This, combined with the windpocalypse and the complete whiteout made the skiing as bad as I've skied it in the last 10 years. When it gets that bad though, it's kinda fun.. just skiing to survive. Below the Yeti wasn't as terrible, actually rather reasonable, but that's not what I remember.

It was snowing like a motherfucker when I left at 130, but seems to have quit now. We'll see if tomorrow is good.

Tip of the day: Spin a Gullies lap first, cause the Triple just might stop.
    Stay left.