Page 8 of 879 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    hahahaha it is fukkkkkkiiiiiinnnngggg deep!!!!! yes wmd, it is time to come to the rock!!! ummmmm your skis will get f'd up even with 26 plus inches of fresh snow (yes its still snowing), but thats how this mntn earned its moniker. seriously there is a great base, but if u ski like me, you will fuck your skis up. Come out and enjoy the goods!! orange arcteryx shell with sumos, if u see me holla for change!!

Lost Trail is going to be prime beater-viewing today.

^^^^^^ hmmm prime pillow lovins^^^^^^^ tasty, almost wish i was there

whatev...

/bb goose-egged

This storm was super bount for Bozo!!! only interesting thing was during my drive to Butte this morning for work, 8 F in 3 Forks, halfway up Cardwell Hill all the windows of my vehicle fogged up in seconds, looked at the temp and it was 36 F....must have passed the frontal boundary and the warm air fogged up on the cold car. It was 38 F on the divide over Homestake.....very strange

Quote Originally Posted by MildWille View Post
    Looks like you jizzed all over yourself for nothing, Bobcat. Seriously f'd up when Great Divide has a storm total of 26" so far. Buddy is at Lost Trail today for Powder Thursday...would be hard to keep going in the 30" of new they've got, but I'd love to try.
    No fucking shit. Seriously. I want to strangle our weatherman with my avalanche beacon. Big Sky reported 1 inch and that is probably a stretch. Yet, Jackson is getting nukes. Just south of Big Sky got something like 20" and there's now an avalanche warning.

The only thing I'm buoyed by is there is still both a Winter Storm Warning and Winter Weather Advisory. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/boz...arnings/334227

Of course, if this keeps overpromising and underdelivering, I'm driving to Jackson tonight. Fuck it. This shit is terrible.

Come check out Showdown!
    http://www.showdownmontana.com/
    Look at their webcams. Looking good. I know it's sure as hell not Jackson, but it's way closer to Bozeman if you wanna make some good turns.
    We're getting freaking hammered in this part of the state! It's been coming down non-stop since yesterday. Got about a foot at my house since I shoveled my drive late last night. That's probably close to 18" all together. Still going strong!

I want to strangle our weatherman with my avalanche beacon.
    I wanted to do that too, but at this point we gotta cut them some slack.

Who can predict bullshit on a biblical scale? Fuck, I know I can't. Snow in Three Forks, Helena, Billings, West, Cooke, Missoula, Showdown, but nothing here in this perma-donut-hole? I give up, God hates us.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

I'd be laughing if I hadn't bought a season pass.

Can I call my pass a donation and use it as a write-off for taxes this year? I want to at least use it for something.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Lost Trail is going to be prime beater-viewing today.
    everyone knows the best beater viewing is at Lookout Pass. no contest.

Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

a little edit i put together from yesterday at the bowl.

Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    No fucking shit. Seriously. I want to strangle our weatherman with my avalanche beacon. Big Sky reported 1 inch and that is probably a stretch. Yet, Jackson is getting nukes. Just south of Big Sky got something like 20" and there's now an avalanche warning.

The only thing I'm buoyed by is there is still both a Winter Storm Warning and Winter Weather Advisory. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/boz...arnings/334227

Of course, if this keeps overpromising and underdelivering, I'm driving to Jackson tonight. Fuck it. This shit is terrible.
    AAhhh, Boz Angeles, they don't call it that for nothin'!!

Shit, hope you find some fun.

5" over 24 hours at Big Sky?

I think this sums up the snow report and really the whole winter:

lamesauce. i wanna know who set up the massively local high pressure system that diverted all the snow around Bozeman and Big Sky. Heading up to Lone Peak tomorrow for who knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    lamesauce. i wanna know who set up the massively local high pressure system that diverted all the snow around Bozeman and Big Sky. Heading up to Lone Peak tomorrow for who knows what.
    If it makes you feel better, Whitefish had the same problem. Missoula got hammered. Fernie got hammered. We got 4". Fuck that.

Record-breaking storms miss Bozeman, likely no snowstorms in town in the near future

This week, Missoula had one of its all-time greatest snowstorms. In Helena, a daily snowfall record that had been in place since 1885 was broken as 10 inches of new snow graced the town in 24 hours.
    Lost Trail Powder Mountain ski resort reported 20 new inches in one day, and 50 inches over two days. Billings, Harlowtown and Big Timber all got half a foot of snow or more.
    Meanwhile, not a measurable inch fell in Bozeman. What gives?
    “Bozeman had two things working against it,” Bob Hoenisch, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, said Friday. “It’s south of that frontal boundary, and mountains to the west and southwest were blocking a lot of moisture from getting into the Gallatin Valley.”
    The boundary Hoenisch spoke of formed after a cold area set up over central and eastern Montana. Then, “a bunch of Pacific moisture was streaming in from the west,” and a boundary was created where they met. The boundary stretched from Missoula to Helena to Harlowtown to Billings. Snowfall was heaviest along that line.
    “It happens, but this was a pretty unique storm in the amount of moisture that fell along the boundary,” Hoenisch said.
    Between Tuesday and Thursday, Missoula got 20 inches of snow. Based on records dating back to 1893, that snowfall amount makes the storm one of the top seven ever recorded in the city.
    Hoenisch said he doesn’t expect any significant snowstorms in Bozeman in the near future.
    Mountains, however, are getting some snow. Since Thursday morning, the Lionhead area near West Yellowstone and the mountains near Cooke City got 11 inches to 15 inches of new snow, according to the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center.
    The southern and northern Madison ranges received snow, and mountains near Bozeman got 1 inch to 2 inches.
    A backcountry avalanche warning for the Lionhead area and the mountains around Cooke City was continued Friday.
    Bridger Bowl reported 10 inches of new snow in the past week.
    town xc ski trail
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4f1a12f797cfa.preview-300.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	108292

we are still makin lemonade at bb, waitin/bracing for the lost trail pillow reports...
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 01-21-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Yeah it sucks. But I had the day off so what did I do. Drove to work and went skiing.

In reality it was pretty good, not the sickness we had expected but the 5-7" skied deep because of the thick nature of the snow. Firehole was great, 1st fork was great, Lone Tree face was great..

Back to work today, we are going to make a big effort at the N. Summit. With all these S winds and thick snow, it should ski well if the winds are not too strong to run the tram.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I would love to make lemonade but I got no choice but to just wait till it gets good. And by good for me I mean REALLY smooth perfect groomers at least and at that I'll count my blessings. I'll be extremely stoked to get my pass paid off and have minimal pain again.

Would love to be out there even now instead of cunting, but already gone fucked myself trying to be overly optimistic. I still hope it's not the shittiest year of all time at Bridger.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

yer knee is forever this is only one year, even the longtimers have kinda vacant stares goin on...the traverses are abrupt, the snow a variable mix of manmade firm and duffpiles, and the moguls more coarse by the day, no place for a healing knee...

big 1.7on the 1pm alpine ticker -w00t, be there first thing for kidstuff then perhaps a lil nfl at the griz...
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 01-21-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Big Sky was quite the surprise today and it dumped all day. Laps on Challenger were spectacular and even a few face shots to be had. The Tram had no line but it was sketchy all over. Gullies and Crons were nice, but turning my XXLs into swiss cheese was not so cool. We were even diverted onto Lone Moose sure to an electrical problem and it was great, if not heavy snow. Rain at the valley floor, but if this storm keeps up, tomorrow will be another great day.

Sent from my Couch using My Interweb Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Big Sky was quite the surprise today and it dumped all day. Laps on Challenger were spectacular and even a few face shots to be had. The Tram had no line but it was sketchy all over. Gullies and Crons were nice, but turning my XXLs into swiss cheese was not so cool. We were even diverted onto Lone Moose sure to an electrical problem and it was great, if not heavy snow. Rain at the valley floor, but if this storm keeps up, tomorrow will be another great day.

Sent from my Couch using My Interweb Phone
    x2 Rain and 42F at 6:30 am this morning in the canyon, started absolutely puking at the conoco and kept it up basically all day. Sheddy was skiing great, Bacon Rind and Paradise especially.

Thinking Bridger for the morning tomorrow. Anyone get up there today? Heard a rumor it was pretty decent.

Yeah today was pretty awesome, I got the afternoon off, and also got stuck on Lone Moose. Fresh tracks on chair line the whole way down!

Hope it keeps up, it was dumping on the drive home.

Looks like another 4-6 overnight. When I left it was big fat soft flakes with not much wind.

FWT was postponed until late March, with the current coverage, good call.

Early morning today, going after more terrain in Headwaters. N. Summit skied real well yesterday with about 50+ people getting a lap in. Looks to be sunny/Ptly Cloudy today, tram line could be murder.

A-Zs closed yesterday, could be Money!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Early morning today, going after more terrain in Headwaters. N. Summit skied real well yesterday with about 50+ people getting a lap in. Looks to be sunny/Ptly Cloudy today, tram line could be murder.

A-Zs closed yesterday, could be Money!
    Basically all true. Snowfield was decent today, massive slide notwithstanding. Tears was deep, however.

BTW.. Nice Dutch door, you homo. Jesus.
    Stay left.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventy View Post
    Basically all true. Snowfield was decent today, massive slide notwithstanding. Tears was deep, however.

BTW.. Nice Dutch door, you homo. Jesus.

Ahhh, you like that eh? Built it with my own two hands, serves its purpose nicely and allows us to keep the riff raff on the other side where they belong.

You want to hang out? Go to the bus station.