Page 5 of 879 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Got down to Moonlight today and man was I stoked. Not only were the groomers of Lone Tree absolutey perfect and empty, the skiing right off Lone Tree were some of the most beautiful steep chalk lanes I have ever skied. You could totally avoid the rocks and take that shit like a GS course, couldn't get bored or tired, it was so smooth and consistant. Thank you to whoever carves in those perfect chalk lanes near the lift, I was very happy with your fine work.

If any Bridger peeps are desperate and depressed, go to Moonlight, you will not be dissapointed. Didn't get warm down there at all today except maybe a little near the very bottom. Thanks again Bunion, I more than got my money's worth.
    Glad to hear Moonlight is skiing well. Lone Tree is still some of my favorite terrain on all of Lone Peak. So much of those trails off that ridge run have my grinning for days.

Now, to bring the un-stoke:
    http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ge/fxus07.html

Looks like this high pressure, warm trend will be continuing for the next week or so. And the other goodie from that article? Precip for January looks to be below normal. Super.

Maybe with all this warmness, a little pedaling out at Lewis & Clark is in order ...

i suppose i'm being overly-negative. just the thought of crowds on top of an already lackluster snow year doesn't get me too pumped. neither does the fact that the peak of big sky is supposed to be in the 40's soon. oh well... i'll get over it once i'm out there and still having a good time despite the conditions and potential crowds.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    why does that suck? more money for your local economy

TONE: Good to hear MLB was skiing well.. Marx was chalky but soft, early.. before the Tramline took-off.

As for that Epic-Pass noise, I would rather know that my mountain is the one with snow and be bitching about tourons, than vice versa.

Rumor is that the NSS is skiing decent, except for a few terrifying turns here and there.. Northside snow, what there is of it, stays cold and sticks around - wind permitting.

Brace for tomorrow (or more appropriately, Thursday) as there are record high temps coming our way.
    Stay left.

whoever posted about the crowds above was likely on the front lines with powstarved locals, sunnyday skiers and holiday might as wells, bs can absorb some peeps and other than tramlaps on a powday don't think youll have any elbowroom issues, tone just reported moonlight as empty and buffed -I wanna ski their longchalk myself soon call the summit bitches :beer hoist...

bridger's Nfacing skiin pretty decent off bridgerlift I havenot stumbled to ridge yet, drcs very buff 2day with good vis, avygulch center, exit had nice cold snow...however grooming is limited always and especially with lack of $now this yr so no chillin like yer on a lonepeak boulevard back to a highspeed :wink- the variable keeps it interesting to the very last turn lolz...

Good to here that pass was well used. Things are a tad bit thin in places but that northerly aspect that is usually so cruel this time of year is saving our snow right now.

Probably going to shut down the NSS for a day or so to let things heal. The route down Direct is pretty well done right now.

We skied close to 200 folks through over the past 3 days.

Headwaters is skiing well right now however.
    Last edited by Bunion; 01-04-2012 at 05:01 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

you'll get a few CO and CA peeps that make the trip but it won't be a ton. It's still a 12 hour trip from my place in Vail to BS and that is with pretty good roads.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

So I'm tempted to drive up for the epic pass deal at Big Sky. My brother lives in Bozeman.
    Whats the most affordable lodging there to take advantage of the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    So I'm tempted to drive up for the epic pass deal at Big Sky. My brother lives in Bozeman.
    Whats the most affordable lodging there to take advantage of the deal?
    If you really want to dirtbag it, there is a hostel or two - but I don't recall the name. There is a Motel 6 which might fit the bill. Otherwise, why isn't your broseefus letting surf his couch?

you have to get their lodging to ski for free....otherwise I'd crash with my buddy in Bozone too.....WhiteWater Inn is the cheapest place thru their lodging deals.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Good skiing today.. Lenin and the Gullies both opened, Marx/Lenin were windbuff. Tomorrow could be good.

WhiteWater Inn is the cheapest place
    Stay left.

Less than a week...hope it doesn't all melt.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventy View Post
    Good skiing today.. Lenin and the Gullies both opened, Marx/Lenin were windbuff. Tomorrow could be good.
    Nice! How's the coverage on Marx-Lenin? I know both have slid multiple times, including last Friday.

55 degrees in Minnesota today...gawd!!!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    55 degrees in Minnesota today...gawd!!!
    Same here in Bozeman today. Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Nice! How's the coverage on Marx-Lenin? I know both have slid multiple times, including last Friday.
    Skied both Liberty bowl and Lenin today and yesterday. Yesterday was really good, sun softened everything up and Lenin was nice and creamy with the sun and wind. Today Tram was on hold for some reason, and Dakota never opened. Liberty was wind blasted in some areas, but readily carveable in others. Still tons of midwestern hordes up there, at least the Tram line was shorter today than yesterday. Saw an entire download car of people, with skis and all....

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Less than a week...hope it doesn't all melt.
    axebiker: Per weather dot com your timing is right on the money, fresh will fall this Saturday, next Tuesday, and next Friday.

Compared to the rest of this winter that is absolute nukeage. Ullr must be pleased with you.

Of course, weather dot com is wrong about 95 percent of the time...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMT0026
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Remember, they are wrong 95% of the time when predicing actual precip. Usually they are right on with predicting endless high pressure.

Per noaa dartboard aimed at Moonlight Basin, 9200ft. Yeah, it's gonna get NEWQLUR.

Tonight: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind between 10 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind between 8 and 10 mph.

Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 12. West wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16. West wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind between 7 and 9 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.

Tuesday: A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 27.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.

Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 20.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.

Thursday: A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
    There goes the first half of January. Sweet. Mabye I can finally get to Moab this February.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Anyone been up Hyalite recently? Wondering how things are looking up there with the warmer temps of the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Remember, they are wrong 95% of the time when predicing actual precip. Usually they are right on with predicting endless high pressure.

Per noaa dartboard aimed at Moonlight Basin, 9200ft. Yeah, it's gonna get NEWQLUR.

There goes the first half of January. Sweet. Mabye I can finally get to Moab this February.
    Now you're thinkin' Tone!

Rode Lewis & Clark today in shorts. It was real windy. Mostly dry with a few snowy bits. Saw one other bikers.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Rode Lewis & Clark today in shorts. It was real windy. Mostly dry with a few snowy bits. Saw one other bikers.
    Ugh ... That's my plan this weekend if things are full on suckage. Pedaling in January, who knew?

If anybody can post a report of how it is off the Tram today that would be much appreciated by me.

Ugh ... That's my plan this weekend if things are full on suckage. Pedaling in January, who knew?

Makes me fear what July will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Makes me fear what July will be like.
    One of two scenarios; either it will full on monsoon and I'll take up ark building or it will be so damn hot and dry that the forests will be closed due to fire danger.

ding ding ding we have a winner:
    it will be so damn hot and dry that the forests will be closed due to fire danger.
    If it doesn't start snowing soon we are fucked this summer.