Page 505 of 884 FirstFirst ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,625 of 22099
    Quote Originally Posted by Concealed View Post
    Hey, new guy checking in.

Just wanted to say hello. I see some other Helena folks on here. Yesterday was day seven for me at GD. New Volkl Deacon 76 skis have been perfect for the two hose snow runs. Lol.

Pray for snow.
    Welcome! I'm on day 3 at GD and day 6 overall. The WROD gets pretty boring. If you see someone in an old military jacket attempting to tele or with bright pink black crows give me a shout out.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Welcome! I'm on day 3 at GD and day 6 overall. The WROD gets pretty boring. If you see someone in an old military jacket attempting to tele or with bright pink black crows give me a shout out.
    Thank you. Ha! Yes it does.

I’ll keep an eye out. I tele’d for about 15 years and then dropped it like a bad habit. Lol.

My wardrobe is constantly changing. I’m almost always on some form of Volkl skis and older bright red Nordica boots. Normally have a grey helmet, grey bibs, and a camo balaclava. Let’s make some turns together.

Thank you. Ha! Yes it does.

I’ll keep an eye out. I tele’d for about 15 years and then dropped it like a bad habit. Lol.

My wardrobe is constantly changing. I’m almost always on some form of Volkl skis and older bright red Nordica boots. Normally have a grey helmet, grey bibs, and a camo balaclava. Let’s make some turns together.
    Honestly I am not really a fan. I am just picking it up since its more fun than bombing a tiny run and I can mess around on 3 pin hoks. I think it makes my wife happy too since we are at the same level.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1606845164.851216.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	858.0 KB 
ID:	350675

Me and Nest rambled around the FLMR area yesterday and had some good views.

Skiing is expectedly quite variable, but we did find some chalky, soft snow in the most sheltered of aspects.

Crazy finding 4 inches of snow in some spots, and over 5 feet in others. Wish I could get out today on the sleeper storm, but my truck is in the shop.

Name:	Image1606845203.406417.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	921.7 KB 
ID:	350676

Name:	Image1606845254.605131.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	350677

Name:	Image1606845390.889121.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	350679

Name:	Image1606845309.740808.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	781.9 KB 
ID:	350678

Quote Originally Posted by m8d7db View Post
    As long as you buy the first "round"...
    Sounds like the start of a "lost weekend."

Quote Originally Posted by m8d7db View Post
    As long as you buy the first "round"...
    If you cover the rest of the 12 pack then I am in.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Have any other BB skiers gotten their RFID passes in the mail yet? I know that it's a bit of a moot point since the opening is delayed, but I thought that the logistics of mailing out the cards would be unaffected by that decision.

Got mine a couple weeks ago. They said they were all mailed out by yesterday. I was messing around trying to figure out where to make a reservation but I’m struggling. I’m hoping they just haven’t put the link up yet. Otherwise I might be blowing it all year!! This online system certainly favors the young and intelligent.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahyawnson View Post
    Have any other BB skiers gotten their RFID passes in the mail yet? I know that it's a bit of a moot point since the opening is delayed, but I thought that the logistics of mailing out the cards would be unaffected by that decision.
    Haven't gotten mine yet.

Man, I just can’t get over the fact that Bridger is moving to RFID gates. Waste of money IMO

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Our passes came in about 3 weeks ago. I don’t think they have the reservation system visible on the website yet. I know that employees were having some issues with the login/scheduling system as of early last week. Sounds like they were still getting the integration dialed in. I doubt we see the reservation system until 3 days before opening day.

They were mailing the passes out even if you hadn’t uploaded your pictures to the website. So you need to make sure to upload your pictures too, otherwise the pass won’t work. I was hoping they were gonna do a soft opening Friday after this snow with little notice except just putting the reservation system up quietly. Figured it would be a good way to avoid the opening day shit show. I can remember once or twice in years past you would be skinning around in the morning and somebody would snowmobile up to you and be like we are opening at noon. You would feel like the luckiest guy in the world that afternoon.

My BB pass has not arrived, pic uploaded and waiver signed. Any guesses on the hold up or should I just call tomorrow?

I called (after hours) and the automated message for tickets/passes said that they hoped all the cards for season pass holders would be delivered by "opening day" but if your first reservation happened before your pass was delivered you could get one printed off at the mountain.

Hopefully, the delayed opening will provide the needed flexibility to avoid that clusterf.

Funny to think the ski boots I bought from the Netherlands this weekend might beat the midweek pass I bought months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Man, I just can’t get over the fact that Bridger is moving to RFID gates. Waste of money IMO

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The best part of the RFID system from a skier's perspective is you get your reloadable card and you never have to wait for your season pass to be mailed again, never need to stand in line at a ticket window again, etc. Just purchase everything online and you're good to go. It's pretty nice.

Another newbie

Hello all, been following this thread for a couple weeks. Another Helena guy joining the mix. Ski kinda all over but mostly at GD. My daughter is going to school in Bozeman this year so will likely be spending a bit more time around Bridger. Toasti, I can relate to your touring frustration around here. This will be my fourth winter in Helena tying to come up with a steady program.

Quote Originally Posted by driftr View Post
    Hello all, been following this thread for a couple weeks. Another Helena guy joining the mix. Ski kinda all over but mostly at GD. My daughter is going to school in Bozeman this year so will likely be spending a bit more time around Bridger. Toasti, I can relate to your touring frustration around here. This will be my fourth winter in Helena tying to come up with a steady program.
    Sounds like we could have a solid group once everyone comes out of the shadows.

I also found quite a few good places last weekend driving around just not sure about the snow situation. Not sure why no one has mentioned flesher or Roger pass, got some turns on there. Super easy access.

Send me a PM if you want to do a great divide day soon or teton pass. I should be skiing most days fri-mon
    Last edited by toastybroski; 12-02-2020 at 06:25 AM.

This trend continues and we will need a new thread that is for SW/Central Montana.

Welcome to the party.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    This trend continues and we will need a new thread that is for SW/Central Montana.

Welcome to the party.
    2020 SW/Central/all the mom and pops - Anything that isn't Missoula or Whitefish - Montana Conditions Stoke Whatev Thread?

Toastybroski and driftr, do either of you have a snowmobile or tracked ATV/UTV? Access is tough around here without a throttle.

Toastybroski and driftr, do either of you have a snowmobile or tracked ATV/UTV? Access is tough around here without a throttle.
    I do not. It's in the plan for the next few years but is pretty pointless since I have no one to sled with and sledding alone is a horrible idea. I just moved out here like 6 months ago and with the covid BS haven't met anyone yet. I am also poor since I just bought a house lol.

I hope they ease up the uphill travel restrictions with an RFID system in place. That takes away the poaching argument. With how big of a cluster this year is going to be it would be nice to be able to head north once all the college kids snag the reservations
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    2020 SW/Central/all the mom and pops - Anything that isn't Missoula or Whitefish - Montana Conditions Stoke Whatev Thread?
    Honestly you might as well throw the NW resorts in there as well and make it a general MT Stoke thread. There ain't enough posters up here to fill a minivan, and I got a little tired of being one of the few to post pics in the Missoula thread last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by driftr View Post
    My out-of-bounds skiing is limited to Nordic tours, meadowskipping, and dicking around the South Hills when we can. But I know a fair number of local BC skiers ranging from enthusiastic to obsessive. They're also almost all very offline aside from a random FB or IG post. Try reaching out to the Montana Backcountry Yurts folks. They operate the Big Belt hut and the Swan yurts and could be a good entry point to meeting similar-minded folks here. He and his family get out all the time.

Per what Shredeagle noted, we've been told that all passes have now been shipped as of Nov. 30. With the unfortunate delay in opening, hopefully all passes will arrive in the mail before the lifts spin. No gates for the new RFID system; passes will be scanned by hand by ticket checkers as per usual. As yeahman noted, these cards will be re-loadable and usable year after year so hold on to them. The cards should be in a pocket by themselves with no cell phone, credit cards or car keys.

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	350828
    The reservation system will not be live until 3 days before the mountain opens. Here is a video that walks passholders through the reservation process:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ8ArhNAYhc

Don't forget to upload a photo and sign any waiver(s) before attempting to use your pass as without those items being completed you won't be able to get on the lifts. Bummer that there is no personal photo on the actual RFID card/pass as I've got a collection of passes (as many skiers do) dating back to my first season here '94-'95...a cool time machine of sorts. Ah, progress...
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.