Page 491 of 892 FirstFirst ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,275 of 22285
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    That's a very small portion (and the mellowest) of the terrain, but none of it is going to compare to some of the bigger ski areas. Local WROD, like stated, and open on fucking Halloween! It can be hella fun on a12" powder day though, and under other conditions too. Beats a sweaty gym.

Warming the legs up on a sunny day with very few people would sound like heaven to a lot of people with all the covid stuff going on. Enjoy it, and shut the hell up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    No complaints from me. WROD can get sketch sometimes though.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    No complaints from me. WROD can get sketch sometimes though.
    Was just razzing you a bit. Pass is cheap so I always appreciate those mellow early season runs to get my legs up and running again. I may get up there for a couple hours this afternoon if I can wear the dog out first so he just sleeps in the truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1604251655.368554.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	345892

Got out a couple days before Halloween with Nest, and we scraped some p-tex off up in Fairy Lake zone.

Conditions were quite thin and scoured in the bowls, with a generous mixture of ice and breakable wind crust.

Solid 10 inch base.

Name:	Image1604251872.642284.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	345893

Name:	Image1604251898.968857.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	345894

Name:	Image1604251923.149918.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	345895

gorgeous pics.

Ran into a buddy who works at Big Sky today while mountain biking.

He confirmed the plan for a boot/skin track up Dakota.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Got the dog out for exercise (actually the other way around) and threaded through the rocks and shrubbery, not the gnar but fun was had. He was breaking through crust much of the time, but happily charging forward. Made it to GD in time to pick up my pass and get three runs in, more snow forecast starting Friday.

Name:  20201101_124430reduced.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  402.1 KB

Name:  20201101_131057reduced.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  422.2 KB

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Ran into a buddy who works at Big Sky today while mountain biking.

He confirmed the plan for a boot/skin track up Dakota.
    Copper City was dried out enough?

And that is good news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Copper City was dried out enough?

And that is good news!!
    Not according to their Insta.

Scratchgravels are mostly clear. It was like homecoming out there this afternoon.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post

Scratchgravels are mostly clear. It was like homecoming out there this afternoon.
    Yep, just looked. Can't believe how many people went out there.

Got the dog out for exercise (actually the other way around) and threaded through the rocks and shrubbery, not the gnar but fun was had. He was breaking through crust much of the time, but happily charging forward. Made it to GD in time to pick up my pass and get three runs in, more snow forecast starting Friday.

Name:  20201101_124430reduced.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  402.1 KB

Name:  20201101_131057reduced.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  422.2 KB
    Nice looking dog, and ski spot!

Nice looking dog, and ski spot!
    Thanks toasty, he is a 4x4 tractor with endless energy, finally have him understanding to not eat the cowshit I think. He's happily zonked by the woodstove now.

You have a seasons pass at GD?

Thanks toasty, he is a 4x4 tractor with endless energy, finally have him understanding to not eat the cowshit I think. He's happily zonked by the woodstove now.

You have a seasons pass at GD?
    Yeah I made it out yesterday. Probably take advantage of the low snow and learn to telemark in the meantime.

It's fine my dog eats its own shit. I have one that would be the best ski mountain dog ever but she decided she would jump out my truck window when she was a puppy and has never walked right since. The other one has the worst anxiety I have ever seen in a dog but can't handle ski days too well. He does ok on bluebird not too deep days. Endless energy, just can't run all day.

Yeah I made it out yesterday. Probably take advantage of the low snow and learn to telemark in the meantime.

It's fine my dog eats its own shit. I have one that would be the best ski mountain dog ever but she decided she would jump out my truck window when she was a puppy and has never walked right since. The other one has the worst anxiety I have ever seen in a dog but can't handle ski days too well. He does ok on bluebird not too deep days. Endless energy, just can't run all day.
    Lots of fun terrain there once we get some coverage, not huge, but fun. Sorry to hear about the pup. Yeah, we had an issue with my last dog when she was young eating her poop. The vet gave me some stuff to sprinkle on her food. I asked what it did, he said it makes the poop taste bad. I asked, doesn't shit already taste bad?

Thanks evasive, I was wondering about conditions since hadn't been out for a few days. Did you ride anything west of Echo Lane? I want to start breaking my dog in on biking training and usually not as many people on that side.

I'm gonna guess bunion was at L&C not copper.

Good stuff from FLMR.

Yep, L&C along with a lot of usual suspect types. Was very socially distant but social nevertheless.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Lots of fun terrain there once we get some coverage, not huge, but fun. Sorry to hear about the pup. Yeah, we had an issue with my last dog when she was young eating her poop. The vet gave me some stuff to sprinkle on her food. I asked what it did, he said it makes the poop taste bad. I asked, doesn't shit already taste bad?

Thanks evasive, I was wondering about conditions since hadn't been out for a few days. Did you ride anything west of Echo Lane? I want to start breaking my dog in on biking training and usually not as many people on that side.
    No, we stuck to the two peaks area east of Echo. Lots of folks out- hikers and bikers. I counted 2 dozen vehicles at Head Lane when we arrived, and there were more in the overflow down the road. Probably close to a dozen at Echo from what I could see.

No, we stuck to the two peaks area east of Echo. Lots of folks out- hikers and bikers. I counted 2 dozen vehicles at Head Lane when we arrived, and there were more in the overflow down the road. Probably close to a dozen at Echo from what I could see.
    Thanks. Wow, I've never seen that many cars out there.

Thanks. Wow, I've never seen that many cars out there.

Just looked at a photo I snapped: 15 at the Echo Lane trailhead and 2 passing each other on the road out. So 16 at 3:00.

Just looked at a photo I snapped: 15 at the Echo Lane trailhead and 2 passing each other on the road out. So 16 at 3:00.
    Holy shit, crazy. Is the rail car container gone? Kind of looks like it but can't tell. What the heck was/is that there for, any idea?

Holy shit, crazy. Is the rail car container gone? Kind of looks like it but can't tell. What the heck was/is that there for, any idea?

No idea - I haven’t used that TH for years. I’ve just settled on Head as being more convenient for me.

Since we don't have a weather thread I am seeing reports of a similar storm as last week hitting again this weekend. Stoke!

This sucks...

Shit.

Fuck, that's terrible.

no good
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.