Page 450 of 892 FirstFirst ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... LastLast
Results 11,226 to 11,250 of 22285
    I got nervous and just bought ours. They are offering a payment plan. The payment plan on two passes is 5 installments of $300 or just the $1500 up front.

Thanks for the heads up - just bought a mid-week.....got to avoid all the kids once they're back in school spreading the 'rona like crazy.

Two midweeks here. Fingers crossed.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

All of Bozeman is going to buy mid-week passes and weekends are going to be empty

It was already like that this past year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Really? If you only go up on big snow days, then sure it's a zoo, but otherwise, place is generally empty.

I was joking but unless they do away with a snow report it’s not going to get less crowded.

Contemplating buying passes for me and the kid if their going to end pass sales soon. I might just buy hers and wait on mine. I just want a 10 punch so I'll email them about that instead of just bitching about it here.

Edit: Said fuck it and bought hers on the payment plan. I used to spend way more than that on beer.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

I decided to hold off on a Pig Sty pass, so spent the extra cash I saved on a full Bbowl pass. Hopefully, I can use the discounts at some other cool little resorts too.

In other news of stoke, there was awesome biking happening down by the Idaho/Montucky border over the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1595886061.034878.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	335526

Looking into the Madison Range from the Lionhead

Name:	Image1595886091.922761.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	335527

Mustering a smile after attacking a tree

Name:	Image1595886176.795725.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	335529

Nest giving some doggy stoke

Name:	Image1595886266.734735.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	335530

Not a bad place to relax after biking
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 07-27-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Edit: Said fuck it and bought hers on the payment plan. I used to spend way more than that on beer.
    Solid work.
    Ski Bum priorities, FTW.

Nice pics Superior! I visited Gnarnia yesterday and it was beautiful.

The bulk of the weekend crowd is just ski school parents and Alpine aficionados anyway. Stay high, stay happy.

+Bike pics

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

......but unless they do away with a snow report it’s not going to get less crowded.

What he said. Those guys are constantly inflating the numbers, turning blue lights on, and generally fuelling the fire for the powder frenzy.

Who knows about season pass sales, they are prolly making decisions day to day according to changing news and numbers as with all the businesses. Sure dont envy those in charge.

Went up elk cr in the crazies. This weekend. Sick shit, kinda alot of people coming back from overnights at campfire lake.... like 10 parties maybe... lower biking on the new porcupine/ ibex trail was swoopy, but new and kinda bumpy- needs some traffic. The upper 3 miles was rad for sure though.

Kinda trying to motivate for a line cr this weekend. Any mags keen to go beartooth biking?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

"unless they do away with a snow report it’s not going to get less crowded."

Yeah, those f'ing guys..... I've got a free pass for life so no snow report no problem for me. usdatele and I can sleep in from now on. If you only go when it snows, you're doing it wrong.

All kidding aside, had a nice weekend of pedaling and paddling

Name:	paintbrush2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	335590

Name:	YellowstoneCanoe.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	335591
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Nut > Goose > Bear Loop > Mystic > New World > Bear > Nut today. That was kinda hard.

How was the mud from bear loop to mystic? Always seems like it hides out back there for the whole summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    How was the mud from bear loop to mystic? Always seems like it hides out back there for the whole summer.
    Definitely a few unavoidable mud holes. Very sticky too, so my drivetrain was kinda screwed up for much of the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBill View Post
    "unless they do away with a snow report it’s not going to get less crowded."

Yeah, those f'ing guys..... I've got a free pass for life so no snow report no problem for me. usdatele and I can sleep in from now on. If you only go when it snows, you're doing it wrong.

All kidding aside, had a nice weekend of pedaling and paddling

Name:	paintbrush2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	335590

Name:	YellowstoneCanoe.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	335591
    Free pass for life? Well done amigo!

I'm so sick of the over-reporting snow-pimps who love to drag out the trolls on pow days to help track out the Ridge and clog up the line on 9 just so they can swill half-price peebers and spray at the bar about how rad they got on Saddle and crushed the gram brah

In all seriousness great summer bike stoke lately boys, great motivation to get my gimped ass back in the saddle

Edit: The blue ones are sold. Anybody interested in the older brown ones make an offer.

If any of youse guys are in need of skis for your tween I got a couple pairs of Line Sick Day Shorty skis. Definitely well used but great all-around youth skis that have done it all from Mr. K to the Big C. The blue pair are slightly newer and have Salomon L7 youth bindings on them. The brown pair have Salomon STH 10 bindings. Both are 152 in length. Dimensions are 130/95/115. $75 per pair if we can arrange a Montana exchange. (I'm planning to hit the Big Sky bike park on Tuesday next week so that would be an opportunity for a hand off, either in Big Sky or at Four Corners.) Please PM if interested. Thanks.

Name:	front 1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	335675

Name:	back 1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	335676

Name:	front 2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	335677

Name:	back 2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	335678
    Last edited by yeahman; 07-29-2020 at 01:07 PM.

From today's Chronic, I am not sure how to take this.

You can recognize them immediately. Sporting the latest athleisure wear by Fjallraven or Kuhl and swinging around some type of nostalgic, cedar canteen, or perhaps wearing ostrich cowboy boots, or maybe even driving a new Tesla, the hordes of privileged tourists from America’s wealthy urban centers have descended upon the West. Like trendy harbingers of death, they’re influencers with expensive cameras, loaded financiers from the Yellowstone Club, shamanic healers from the Bay Area, advertising executives from New York, and regular tourists from all points between.

Well, to be fair, they’ve been here for about a month now, ever since Gov. Bullock ordered the state’s borders open to tourists with no quarantine. It’s a form of elite escapism that nobody can really blame the wealthy and privileged for. Who wants to deal with the sick in crowded, violent cities? Especially during what should be another glorious American summer vacation. Except that it’s not.

While the coronavirus pandemic ratchets up, and civil unrest boils over, it’s obvious that mountain towns like Bozeman have become some sort of escape valve for those who just can’t be bothered to deal with it all.

Every time a Mercedes Sprinter van drives by, I hawk-eye the license plates. Are they from Montana? Idaho might be okay, maybe. There’s the requisite fly rod box, color-matched jerry cans, even a few Patagonia stickers for good measure. These $100,000 vehicles glisten like social media showpieces, home to cashed-up couples from California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, pretending to be free-spirited nomads while working in software design and parking at the local trailhead or searching for wi-fi at the local coffee shop like rabid huskies in a meat market.

Folks living the hashtag “vanlife” because it’s trendy to leave all that negative energy behind during a pandemic, especially when you can document it on social media. I think this type of behavior is the western hipster’s equivalent of your father’s gold Rolex or aunt Judy’s gratuitous fur coat. The status symbols of the New West have triumphantly arrived.

So, you’re a psychedelic therapist who micro doses five days a week? A Google executive? A professional illustrator who specializes in flower art? Thanks for the visit, but please go home when you’re finished spending money. I sincerely hope you don’t have the sudden realization that you should actually move to Bozeman to escape the doldrums of suburbia or some infected inner city landscape where police clash with protesters on TV.

Sorry, bub. You’re not the first to experience this lightning strike of common sense. Folks have been moving to Bozeman long before I ever did, and they’ve been exploring the mountains, rivers, forests and sagebrush looking for the good life just about as long as anyone can remember.

Don’t you think millions of Americans would do the same thing if they could afford to pull up stakes like some modern, dust-bowl refugees and escape this societal dumpster fire currently raging throughout our country?

Well, actually it’s been happening for quite a while now. Check out Bozeman’s local job postings for a few hundred reasons why an even greater influx of wealthy, possibly diseased telecommuters who stash money is a bad idea. Here, you’ll see plenty of jobs in the service industry paying between $10 and $15 per hour, but very few offering career benefits or a livable wage. In fact, Montana’s median wage is just $20.47 (according to the DLI), which is one of the lowest in the nation.

Factor in the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment, $1,200, and the average cost for a single-family home, $510,000, and you’ll quickly see the economics are grim for working-class people in our community. There are very few affordable housing options, and urban sprawl continues to creep into valley pasturelands under the guise of overpriced tract homes with cheap finishes as far as the eye can see.

So, what’s a good Montanan to do? Thank our wealthy benefactors who have decided to grace us with their metropolitan cash in exchange for fresh air, good fishing, and fewer coronavirus cases? Placate them with more breweries and restaurants? Perhaps we just train our workforce to build bigger and more ostentatious mountain lodges for them to hunker down in, complete with elk-antler chandeliers and wrought-iron sculptures of eagles and rams?

Or, do we take this time to better organize and pay teachers, find safer ways to educate our students (who are threatened by the same outbreak of disease, despite contrary rumors), pump our economic stimulus dollars into new business ventures, build attractive affordable housing, and figure out how to bring high-paying jobs into Montana?

Are you ready to buy a ticket out of this pandemic? Which ticket is Montana trying to sell you?

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fkn gold.

A lot of truth there.

I work in real estate services, and I'm getting calls all day from people in a blind panic. I'm working too much right now, I can't enjoy what's around me. I just want to be in the ocean somewhere.

But what about this! Good one big bob for keeping the conversation going, despite not having much to say. That's a sign of a damn good GM.
    Who knows what is in the future, but hopefully we can have an open and honest line of communication with the community.

A coworker rescued a pile of heady beers from going to the dumpster of Casey's corner at 615 am last Thursday. He definitely deserves a raise....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

^^ Now that’s the change I can believe in. I once found 4 cases of Sam Adams at the recycling center. Damn it was a good month.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Draughtworks! Draughtworks!

The scepter is Fan-fucking-tastic

A staple of the brewery scene over here