Page 428 of 891 FirstFirst ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 22270
    No fucking way!!!!

I have a constitutional right to go where I want. Deal with it.

End Sarcasm.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Sorry to have to bring this up, but can Bozeman folks please adhere to the stay at home order? I don't care if you ski or mtn bike or float, but please stick to Gallatin county. I live on the fairer side of Bozeman Pass and went to a trailhead 15 minutes from my house for dawn patrol on Saturday, when I got back to my truck the trailhead was busier than I've ever seen it, even in summer, and it was almost all 6 plates. Normally this wouldn't bother me because I understand the attraction to Park County. But with Gallatin County being the state's coronavirus hotspot I don't want it spread in this community any further.
    Cool, you guys stay over there for work, shopping and recreation. Seems fair.

You guys can have Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Sorry to have to bring this up, but can Bozeman folks please adhere to the stay at home order? I don't care if you ski or mtn bike or float, but please stick to Gallatin county. I live on the fairer side of Bozeman Pass and went to a trailhead 15 minutes from my house for dawn patrol on Saturday, when I got back to my truck the trailhead was busier than I've ever seen it, even in summer, and it was almost all 6 plates. Normally this wouldn't bother me because I understand the attraction to Park County. But with Gallatin County being the state's coronavirus hotspot I don't want it spread in this community any further.
    We all wish that. The other day at Mission Crk a #6 decided they had to drive the ole Suby down the ranch road (private) instead of walking an extra 1/2 mile, until it was stuck. Left it stuck blocking the road. Went skiing, skied the “Pitchfork” it seems. Nice, definitely a high,high consequence line. Very lucky the ranch didn’t push it out of the way with their bulldozer.

As for your dawn patrol trailhead. Thank the MSU BC Club. Constant flow there now. They even got names for everything that’s been skied since the 80s at least. I was seeing more out of state plates (VT, NH, OR, WI) than #49. Hmmm, schools out for summer I guess.

I think this county vs. county virtual pissing match is a joke. You guys have to be kidding, right?

Wash your hands and don’t breathe / kiss on other people in the backcountry. It’s pretty simple.

The only impact I’ll have is paying at the pump and gassing up my vehicle in your town, which is probably helpful to the local gas stations.

Do you wash your hands and use hand sanitizer when you go to the gas station or grocery store? I sure do.

Make the effort to wave, smile, say hi and realize we are all in this together.

Solo meadow skipping without breathing on anyone has been good in the Nevadas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-04-18h04m02s135.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	324309

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I think this county vs. county virtual pissing match is a joke. You guys have to be kidding, right?

Wash your hands and don’t breathe / kiss on other people in the backcountry. It’s pretty simple.

The only impact I’ll have is paying at the pump and gassing up my vehicle in your town, which is probably helpful to the local gas stations.

Do you wash your hands and use hand sanitizer when you go to the gas station or grocery store? I sure do.

Make the effort to wave, smile, say hi and realize we are all in this together.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, this sane and reasonable advice has no place here! This is the point we're all supposed to get into a digital cat fight, isn't it?

It’s all good really. In times like this a little piss and vinegar is ok. Or so says something I read on the internet.

On a travel note I haven’t skied in Hyalite proper in over 4 years. There’s enough 800’ fallines in other ranges to satisfy me. Big Sky and south is over an hour each way and you have to drive through Bozeman (twice). Also on 2 years with no Cooke. I generally recreate locally, meaning driving under an hour. My lifestyle is already doing enough to change this climate, plus my old ass feeling body gets grumpy in the car after playing all day in zee mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by FringeLife View Post

On a travel note I haven’t skied in Hyalite proper in over 4 years. ...... Also on 2 years with no Cooke.
    Cool, access and skiing is typically way better there than in the ab

Edit: took the rest out, any stoke is better than smokeshack stoke

Park County/ Gallatin/ or Madison, seems like we all have the same risk, and travel the same amount of time to get to our shred destinations. Seems like a good idea to avoid paying attention to the numbers, just buffer yourself from other people wherever you are.
    I havent been paying attention to the news for over a week now, and its totally helped my psyche. i figure if it directly affects me, ill find out.
    Anyone been watching good TV? Ive been watching all the Die Hards.... Lethal Weapons next.
    Name:  39151.jpeg
Views: 547
Size:  114.2 KB

Name:	39165.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	324342
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

actually it's funny watching how much more legit this thread got after the resorts closed.

Define legit.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

more skiing pictures.

but i'm just a non-local watching from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Define legit.
    Legit (adj.):
    1. The general lack of shacks and piles of patio furniture.
    2. Actual skiing stoke brought to you by stoked skiers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is legit or not, but I had just a couple of free hours and skied Little Ellis Sunday. No surprise the snow was terrible and it was crowded. It was also very easy to keep a distance from other people and enjoy being able to safely skin and ski so close to home so late in the year. I didn't inspect all the license plates in the lot, but promise a thorough report if I go back

Here are some photos from not Little Ellis and not this last weekend. Some low hanging fruit:

Name:	IMG_8418.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	324363

Some slightly less low hanging fruit. We lost the figure 8 contest on our last turn:

Name:	IMG_4703.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	457.4 KB 
ID:	324364

Little Ellis is always legit.

I never thought skinning uphill could be more fun than skiing downhill. Then I skied Little Ellis. Blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Legit (adj.):
    1. The general lack of shacks and piles of patio furniture.
    2. Actual skiing stoke brought to you by stoked skiers.

Opinions vary, one of the beauties of the Internetz in general and this thread in particular.

Through this snapshot in time I have met and skied with a lot of very cool people. To me that is Legit. This thread has always been Legit and many thanks to Bobcatsig for starting it. You like pictures, that's cool, I like other things. like getting out with real people.

My opinion.

All good points.

Respect.

Right back at ya.

Edit to add, and to everyone else who has kept this place alive since 2011.

And Bump 4 the fuck of it.

Name:	Screenshot_2020-04-06 2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	324399

12/21/2011 Well ... turns out that Colorado, the Tetons and most other larger areas can have a lone thread. Skiing in SW Montana is too serious to have its own thread, apparently.

That said, use this lil' guy for all things not Bridger. (or not)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Word is that Big Sky and Moonlight will be the place to be tomorrow. By all acounts, it was nuking up there today.

Other bits I heard today; Marx was open briefly and again closed after a secondary snowpack test yielded the stability terrible. Also, the tram is unlikely to be open due to the aforementioned horrible stability.

The interwebz also said that Moonlight opened headwaters and Lone Tree today with more runs opening as stability allows.

No idea what's doing in the backcountry; Beehive, Hyalite, Taylors Fork or otherwise.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 04-06-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Right back at ya.

Edit to add, and to everyone else who has kept this place alive since 2011.

And Bump 4 the fuck of it.

Name:	Screenshot_2020-04-06 2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	324399

Hell yea to bobcat for starting it! And for meeting ppl to ski whiff/ have bubbly beverages to ski with. Also for being able to creep on it for years for semi solid advice as well as conditions.

Hope everyone is doing well and skiing or at least thinking about skiing, or watching the 5th- yes that's right, the 5th die hard movie- A Good Day To Die Hard.
    "Yippiekyayyy mother fucker!!!"""

Life is hard. But we still get to ski!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Here are some photos from not Little Ellis and not this last weekend. Some low hanging fruit:

Name:	IMG_8418.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	324363
    Not Little Ellis was pretty fun yesterday despite mashed potatoes and just not north of there was pretty fun a few days ago. Maybe even the same day you were there based on the thin fog.

Name:	e3c9f508-a84d-4f19-843f-a7da09ddb5d8.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	324405

Name:	9acd9847-4c76-486e-bf61-385126f7008c.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	324407

Opinions vary, one of the beauties of the Internetz in general and this thread in particular.

Through this snapshot in time I have met and skied with a lot of very cool people. To me that is Legit. This thread has always been Legit and many thanks to Bobcatsig for starting it. You like pictures, that's cool, I like other things. like getting out with real people.

My opinion.
    Different stokes for different folks. I was just making a joke. I love this thread for what it is, but I do love seeing what everyone is skiing more than where we've been toking.

0g and pnut made an appearance- everything has changed
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Not Little Ellis was pretty fun yesterday despite mashed potatoes and just not north of there was pretty fun a few days ago. Maybe even the same day you were there based on the thin fog.
    Nice shots! My bgully lap was Wednesday morning. It was so good last week. Hope we get at least another cycle or two like that before it's over

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Nice shots! My bgully lap was Wednesday morning. It was so good last week. Hope we get at least another cycle or two like that before it's over
    Thanks! I didn't actually ski the gully, seeing the remnants of a few loose wet slides freaked me out so I made my way up the far edge. There was great skiing to be had on northerly aspects, anything else was pretty demanding but, hey, still skiing.

Wednesday AM was another story, though. So good.