Page 381 of 405 FirstFirst ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 10119
    Man... someone should bring a good camera up there tomorrow if the sunny fx comes through. I can't recall having seen pictures of anything that big on the NSS. I'm sure it's happened but dayum, very impressive.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

What's a reliable shop around Bozeman that won't mess up a mount?
    Last edited by NessThinMint; 01-27-2020 at 12:24 PM.

I have had great luck with the Gear Wizard himself. However, I know he hires some college kids.

Chalet sports and PhD Skis are the same deal, but seem to have better employees.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    In other news the snow predicted to start this afternoon has arrived. Update from Harry at 6:00 AM tomorrow....
    6am driveway report: 1/64 inch of sloppy wet fresh, temp +28F, gusty winds

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    6am driveway report: 1/64 inch of sloppy wet fresh, temp +28F, gusty winds
    Very low stoke factor in this report. A pillowy inch of snow fell at the top of Andesite last night come get some! The Snow Bar opens tonight so pay down your credit card balances and party. Music, beer and snowbunnies.

That's a big one alright. I have a photo somewhere of me standing under a similar crown in the nearly the same spot from around 05/06. I am 6' and am holding a ski pole as high as possible and don't reach the top. That looks bigger.

I gotta wonder if Banannaman managed to trigger that one?
    Ooof!

Dayumm.

Very low stoke factor in this report.
    No shit. Amazing that we are sitting right at average snowpack cause it sure doesn't feel like it.

^^^ Well then I was wrong, mine was bigger.

Still a big slide though.

No shit. Amazing that we are sitting right at average snowpack cause it sure doesn't feel like it.
    October, other wise we would be fucked like a common house cat.
    Ooof!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    There will still be good skiing on the darkside today. 1/64" will be just enough to re-fill some holes. If I wasn't working I would be shredding with maggots!

BB skied well today.

Anyone had less than great experiences with BSF the past two years? I don't want to air it here but shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    BB skied well today.

Anyone had less than great experiences with BSF the past two years? I don't want to air it here but shoot me a PM.
    BB was great today. No lines at Slushman's, at least not before 1 o'clock. Made for relatively quick laps of Jobs 1-3. Job 3 was still pretty sporty in the pinch, but otherwise the snow up in that area remains great.

Fun day skiing cruisers at the Really big. Finally had some visibility to show my friends from Maine around. One comment was, "Its like Snowbird/Alta had a love child". To which I replied, terrain wise yes, snow quantity, not so much but we make the best of it.

And yes that Crown on the NSS is impressive as hell.

Big Sky if you are listening, can you tell F&B that it would really help if you had more than 1 cashier at the Madison during lunch rush.
    Ooof!

No skiing for me this weekend. Instead, the sled is loaded and heading out for day 1. A friend and I are going to scout terrain south of Big Sky.

To get in the proper frame of mind, feel like I need to cue up some metal and slam a bunch of Red Bull. Motorsports ftw

If you are new to snowmo, be prepared to dig.

A lot.

Momentum is your friend, keep it and use it wisely.
    Ooof!

Fantastic time skiing at big sky the last two days! Big shout out to whiteroom guardian and neat for showing me around the hill on my first day up there! Those two fucking rip and it was a blast chasing em around the mountain. And dammmmn is big sky legit, what a mountain! Great terrain with good snow, I was stoked to visit and hope to make it up again this year.

A couple pics of whiteroom, neat and my brother below

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Big Sky if you are listening, can you tell F&B that it would really help if you had more than 1 cashier at the Madison during lunch rush.
    Wait there were restaurant at the base and on the mountain at big sky?! Could have fooled me... Most mom and pop ski areas have more of a centralized welcoming base area than big sky IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Has the term Moonlight left the nomenclature?

Operated by Big Sky. So while the Madison area is still Moonlight the operation is Pure Boyne.

Wait there were restaurant at the base and on the mountain at big sky?! Could have fooled me... Most mom and pop ski areas have more of a centralized welcoming base area than big sky IMO.
    Noted and agree.

BTW you managed to fall in with a fast crowd, those guys do indeed rip. When/if you make it back this way, give a shout.
    Ooof!

Sunrise at 7:30 this morning from the day skier parking lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2442.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	833.8 KB 
ID:	312457

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Name:	IMG_2902.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	978.2 KB 
ID:	312470

Amazing day today skiing in the backcountry south of Big Sky. 3200 of perfect 30 degree powder turns.

Fun day. Spent a lot of time trying to getting on one ski and practice counter steering. The guys in the videos make it look so easy

For fun, I dug a pit on an E facing aspect. We know the snowpack has poor structure and we were not going into avalanche terrain. But I'm kind of a snow nerd and wanted to see what was happening.

Snow depth was 135 cm. Initial test went ectx.

The bottom 50 cm was sugary weak junk. It was just falling out of the pit wall. So I cleared the top 2' down to a weak layer and retested. Got it to propagate on the depth hoar.

Not sure how that test would be scored but it confirmed poor structure and poor stability. Might be hard to trigger but if you do the whole thing is going. Kind of what we've been seeing all year with deep slab avalanches.

Anyway, I'm worked and gonna be sore as shit tomorrow

6am driveway report (with pics !): 3 inches so far and still lightly snowing, wind calm, temp +24F

Name:	IMG_2449.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	312519

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    6am driveway report (with pics !): 3 inches so far and still lightly snowing, wind calm, temp +24F
    Why do these refresh systems occur when I am out of town?

Why do these refresh systems occur when I am out of town?
    You still gonna gone on Wednesday ?

If so, I predict 3 feet on Wanker Wednesday. Thanks BRO !