Page 344 of 884 FirstFirst ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 22094
    PSA for all you bowmen. I saw three cow elk at ~8,000 feet feeding this afternoon. Since I had no weapon, of course the wind, shadow and tree line were all favorable for me to get within horse throwing distance of the ladies. Picture is off of a phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flat iron Elk cows.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	935.7 KB 
ID:	297528

Those ladies know they are within the ski area boundary and therefore safe. They were letting get a good peek.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

In non-ungulate related news. The newest Flat Iron has a a top station with a spool of what looks like communication cable blocking South Glades. No towers or haul rope.

Name:	Flat Iron Top dec.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	505.4 KB 
ID:	297599

Dopplymayer has been busy with a new lift on the North side at MLB. The towers and sheave assemblies are staged for the Flatiron lift down in S/P and should fly in the next week or so.

Sad news, former BSSP member Steve Gamble passed away this week. RIP.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    In non-ungulate related news. The newest Flat Iron has a a top station with a spool of what looks like communication cable blocking South Glades. No towers or haul rope.

Name:	Flat Iron Top dec.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	505.4 KB 
ID:	297599
    thats my new condo....i upsized from hill 1 br
    with optional dual clothes dryer/hi dive platform
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    thats my new condo....i upsized from hill 1 br
    with optional dual clothes dryer/hi dive platform
    Welcome to the neighborhood! I am surprised you would give up swanky Madison County for Gallatin County.

Hey you, no open containers on the lift! Ten Mile Creek Brewery

And then we encountered the rare "flying jackalope" at Snow Hop Brewery...I guess we're on a tour though we didn't plan to be.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    And then we encountered the rare "flying jackalope" at Snow Hop Brewery...I guess we're on a tour though we didn't plan to be.

Nice! Also, dude, flying jackalope is not the preferred nomenclature. Pheasalope, please.

Yes I believe you're correct. Scientific name phasianus lepus oryx illaqueatus.

I think that's right, it's been a while since I've brushed up on the finer points of those majestic and rare creatures.

Another fresh dusting overnight

Name:	morning.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	298301
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Accumulating snow at 6800 feet. About an inch fell in the past hour. Glad I put the snow tires on.

Where are you in the county? Nothing coming down closer to town.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Where are you in the county? Nothing coming down closer to town.
    I am a little higher in elevation than BZN on the poor side of the country line at Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I am a little higher in elevation than BZN on the poor side of the country line at Big Sky.
    There's a poor side to anything around here? I need to find my people!

Blurry pic this morning leaving buddies house. Passed a Ferrari right after this...times they are a changing Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191019_092000.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	298407

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

That VT Ullr Fest is brought snow here.
    Name:  IMG_0666.JPG
Views: 692
Size:  125.1 KB

Sad and unfortunate story released on the GCSO Facebook page today.

It is with a heavy heart that the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office lets everyone know of the loss of one of our own last night.

Deputies Jake Allmendinger and Ryan Jern were responding in the same vehicle to a welfare check of a stranded motorist report on Fairy Lake Road in the Bridger mountain range at approximately 6 p.m. There was a storm coming through the area which created icy roads. As they were driving up to try and locate the motorist, their patrol vehicle began to slide backwards.

Sometime during the slide Jake exited the driver’s side of the vehicle and became trapped under the Chevy Tahoe. Ryan attempted immediate assistance but was unable to save Jake.

Members of the Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue, Montana Highway Patrol and Bridger Canyon Fire helped with bringing Jake from the scene to Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital.

Jake, 31, is survived by his parents Ron and Michelle Allmendinger, wife Monica, and children Bentley, Lexi and Kai. Jake was a dispatcher with Gallatin County 911 for over seven years, a Search and Rescue volunteer for eight years and has been a deputy sheriff since September 20, 2017.

Sheriff Gootkin will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. Sunday in the Gallatin County Detention Center community room.

This is a law enforcement line of duty death respectfully and is treated as such by this office.

That's just terrible news.

I have heard many a stoked skier already this year talking of making turns at FLMR in the early season. Hopefully it wasn’t major irresponsibility that led to this rescue effort and sad death.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences to Jake's family, friends, fellow officers and co-workers. Sounds like a person who devoted his life to helping others. RIP

Condolences and gratitude to those who serve.

I worked with a GCSO and a MT Highway trooper on my last gig. Both high quality people.

RIP Jake.

Thank you for sharing the sad news. I didn't know Jake, but know his dad.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane