Page 342 of 891 FirstFirst ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 22264
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I have heard from several people who are either bagging it altogether or at least downgrading. Gold down to Bronze, etc.

I have bronzed it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bronze + IKON is about the same price as a Gold Pass. And I can see an excellent argument for doing exactly that.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^^ Same here. Doubt Boyne would go for that now that they have my $$$.

I haven't seen this posted.

http://www.explorebigsky.com/big-sky...hip-team/31099

BIG SKY – On Sept. 19, Big Sky Resort announced a major initiative to expand and strengthen their leadership team. Driven by recent expansion of facilities, lifts, services and visitation, Big Sky Resort President Taylor Middleton announced through a press release over a dozen new roles or internal promotions filled by longtime Big Sky Resort team members.

Troy Nedved has been promoted to General Manager of Operations, assuming all responsibilities for the day-to-day operations of Big Sky Resort. Most recently Vice President of Mountain Services, Nedved’s career at Big Sky Resort spans 23 years, during which he has demonstrated strong team-building and leadership skills in Mountain Sports, Guest Services, Base Camp and serving on the Resort’s executive team.

Previously, Nedved worked 22 summers for the National Park Service in Yellowstone conducting wildlife and forestry management. A PSIA Examiner Certified instructor, he is an avid skier and athlete. In his new role as general manager, Nedved will lead all operations teams at the resort, including mountain operations, mountain services, mountain sports, lodging, food and beverage, IT, human resources, and the rental and retail divisions.

Nedved is dedicated to differentiating the resort among its Rocky Mountain peers, and ensuring it maintains its authenticity through anticipated growth.“To lead and craft the direction of Big Sky Resort—it’s a unique opportunity given the position of this resort at this time. We have the ability to make something really special,” Nedved said. “We’re not going cookie cutter with the character of this place—it’s unique to Montana and unique to the industry. We have the ability to mold this resort into something that is different from all the rest.”

Tom Marshall has been promoted to Vice President of Mountain Operations where he is responsible for overseeing ski operations, summer improvement activities and outside operations. Marshall, a PSIA Examiner certified instructor and past member of the PSIA Nordic Demo Team, is a lifelong skier and 20-year resident of Big Sky. He graduated in engineering and land surveying from Dartmouth College. Most recently, Tom managed Mountain Sports at Madison and was the Madison Base Area Manager.

Mike Unruh, previously Vice President of Mountain Operations for 12 years, and before that the Mountain Manager at Copper Mountain, Colorado, was recently promoted to Senior Vice President of Mountain Operations for all Boyne Resorts. Unruh will continue to reside in Bozeman/Big Sky.

Christine Baker has been promoted to Director of Mountain Sports. She is responsible for the rapidly growing ski instruction and guiding programs, and Base Camp operations including biking, zip lines and Lone Peak Expeditions. After graduating from the University of Michigan in Education, she moved to Big Sky and continued her professional development with PSIA Examiner Level instruction certification and membership on the ACCT National Certification Committee for Zip Lines and Adventure Parks. She first skied Big Sky at the age of five and has only missed two winters since.

Neil Johnson has been promoted to Director of Mountain Services, leading the winter guest arrival experience including Ticketing, Mountain Hosts, Mountain Services and implementation of the new RFID ticketing system. Johnson has worked in various hospitality roles at Big Sky Resort for 17 years. Neil is a PSIA Examiner certified instructor and an avid skier and mountain biker.

John Knapton has been promoted to Director of Mountain Projects and Equipment. An expert in project management and heavy equipment operations, Knapton was one of the first employees at Moonlight Basin where he worked in ski patrol and served as Mountain Manager. Most recently Mountain Manager for Big Sky Resort, he has 23 years of experience on Lone Mountain.

Adam West has been promoted to Director of Mountain Operations where he will lead lift operations, park, and snow surface management. West has a knack for creativity in planning events and features like Pond Skim and Snobar, and for managing a large and growing team of snow grooming operators charged with creating exceptional ski surfaces every day, regardless of weather.

Michelle Frederick has been promoted to Lodging Director, where she is leading all lodging operations including the Huntley Lodge, Summit, Village Center, White Water Inn and Vacation Rentals. Frederick started her Big Sky career at Moonlight Basin managing promotions. After joining Big Sky Resort, she transitioned into lodging operations as Owner Services Director. Frederick has a degree in international business and is a licensed lodging professional.

Frederick’s new role was previously held by Barb Rooney, who led resort lodging for 25 years and is now focused on her expanding role as Senior Vice President of Lodging, Spa, and Owner Services for all Boyne Resorts. Rooney continues to reside in Big Sky.

Dylan Hall, a 13-year team member with experience in retail operations, resort sales, golf and expanding new retailing opportunities, was recently promoted to Vice President of Retail & Golf.

Brian Berry, with eight years of experience at Big Sky Resort in personnel operations and a key player in the resort’s growing seasonal workforce housing expansion, is a SHRM Certified Human Resources Professional. Berry has been promoted to Vice President of Human Resources.

Ryan Ayres was recently promoted to Ski Patrol Director. He brings 20 years of experience patrolling on Lone Mountain and managing summer improvement projects to his new role trying to fill Bob Dixon’s ski boots.

Nancy Sheil, with nearly 15 years of experience as a Big Sky Resort ski patroller, blaster and supervisor has been promoted to Assistant Ski Patrol Director.

As Big Sky Resort President and Chief Operating Officer, Taylor Middleton has handed General Manager responsibilities to Troy Nedved to expand the resort’s leadership structure and support continued growth. This move positions him to maintain high-level oversight of Big Sky Resort’s operational and budgetary performance, and focus more on planning and long-term growth strategies.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

^^ some very good people in that list, also some who are very meh.

Interesting to see the influence from OG Moonlight people, that is a good thing IMHO.

Also interesting how many have a PSIA background vs. a Patrol background. Shows what the bean counters in charge value as career enhancing.

Last edited by Harry; 10-02-2019 at 09:49 AM.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1952.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	296195

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ^^ some very good people in that list, also some who are very meh.

Interesting to see the influence from OG Moonlight people, that is a good thing IMHO.

Also interesting how many have a PSIA background vs. a Patrol background. Shows what the bean counters in charge value as career enhancing.

The PSIA types usually have degrees in some sort of business background while the Patrol types background is to build shit. Not uncommon at all especially how this was spread around.

One surprise is up there for me. I didn't think that person would ever have the killer bitchiness required for the job they stepping into. Best of luck to them all.

The Austrian influence is finally dead.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Mountains sure look better dressed in white.
    Went for a Sunday drive, too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Sick whip! So did I, might have been the same night.

Name:	IMG_1777.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	296246

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Sick whip! So did I, might have been the same night.

Name:	IMG_1777.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	296246

Name:	IMG_1956.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	296294

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Name:	IMG_1956.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	296294

quit it....
    Just quit it.

Gawww I wanna ski that!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Gawww I wanna ski that!
    Yes... yes you do.

Warning about travel in West Yellowstone

Ivanka Trump is in town. Traffic fuct by Secret Service roadblocks.

Warning about travel in West Yellowstone

Ivanka Trump is in town. Traffic fuct by Secret Service roadblocks.

Sounds like she cancelled the visit to Yellowstone due to weather.

You sure is wasn't Melenioa? Or however you spell it.

Oh and big congrats to Dave Zinn of the BBSP, he will be transitioning to the GNAFC as Eric steps aside to start an Avalanche Education biz.
    Last edited by Not bunion; 10-04-2019 at 07:47 PM.

I think it is spelled Melanoma. I heard Ivanka, but it was from a truck driver who was pissed about the road blocks. Whatev. Both are equally worthless.

Current conditions in Big Sky = nuking.

I thought it was Melon. Anyway, yeah, roughly the same worth as a canteloupe, the lowest of the melons.

People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Name:	IMG_1961.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	296655

Name:	IMG_1961.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	296655

Looking good

Wed. & Thurs. look meaty.

Replay of Oct. 1995???

Do you suppose she drank a bunch of PBR and put on a hula skirt for the authentic Western Float Experience™?

Any local mags in need of new kicks?

2019 Lange Freetour 130 LV 25.5

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Temperature in town has dropped close to 30 degrees in 3 hours. This oughtta be fun.