Page 337 of 884 FirstFirst ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 22099
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Hill Condos have pretty high HOA's for what you get though don't they? I remember looking into it and thinking it seemed really out of whack for a place that piles snow directly up against the windows and walls of their own units. wtf

And I don't know what the special assessment was for all this renovation work that's being done but it was probably pretty beefy. Definitely needed though or those places were borderline condemnable. NB said at one point that none of those buildings even had plywood sheathing...they just slapped the siding right onto the framing. Hopefully they are addressing that with this reno work. I did see the new stairwells when I was looking at a couple units last year and they looked built to last, so there's that.
    HOA is like $350ish/month. Special assessment is a big chunk. Like over 10k, but if you look at where these prices are going it seems totally worth it. They are definitley not fucking around with the reno work. New sheathing, insulation, and siding. All new trim work. New windows. Even new structure under the sheathing in alot of instances.

For what it's worth, my buddy who just moved into a pimped out 2bd/2ba loft unit will be paying much less with mortgage + HOA at Hill than he was renting in the meadow at a place with propane heat (which we all know heats nice but its like burning piles of cash in Big Sky).

^^ smaller unit hoa is $233 mo
    spec ass was $4300 and worth it imo , the decks, railings and landings were already upgraded. the ass. covered new windows, framing rot repair and total re-skin of facade....

yeahman...no
    the old exterior wood was solid and nothing more than just losing paint and some rot from shitty windows and or flashing or maybe even leaky roofs....i would not say that they were slapped together...that is a stretch (i did not look close enough b4 i left town about whether there was sheathing)...but pretty sure there was.., 1970's right? 60's whatever.., there was most likely code back then for shear strength (snow load , etc).... hill was dated and as typical for local inventory at bottom price range in a land of rich or silver spooned ....shunned by long term locals and written off as a dump cept maybe favored by dirtbag crews...to the trained eye this was a great investment for small time investors like myself....replacement cost including land would probably be well in excess of $500 if not closer to 700-800 per sf....., thats what the new stuff seems to be selling for around the corner with farther to walk to lift than hill, could b $1000 sf cant remember...

so with completely new exteriors, people with remodeled interiors basically have pimped out pads for cheap, cheap carrying costs and walk to lifts

btw i was paying $670 a mo hoa at copper mtn for same thing basically, i will take $233 all day long
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

SA at $ 4300.00 for upgrades isn't bad.

I owned # 1831 for 10 years and sold at the top in 2006 and did a lot to the interior before I sold it and I can assure you that there was no sheathing. I also never had a heating bill worth mentioning, the downstairs kept me toasty. When those units were originally (75 ish) built there may have been a code in Bozeman but not up in Big Sky.

The location is still unbeatable.

And then there is that property across the street that belongs to Hill, gotta be worth a nice chunk of $$$.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Talisman showed up at my office this morning. Always good to see him. Pretty much just talked business. I forgot to tell him about the 6x6 bull elk I saw halfway between his driveway and my driveway this morning. No pic, but he way burly. Large and in charge, looking for some ladies.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

I owned # 1831 for 10 years and sold at the top in 2006 and did a lot to the interior before I sold it and I can assure you that there was no sheathing. I also never had a heating bill worth mentioning, the downstairs kept me toasty.
    nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Talisman showed up at my office this morning. Always good to see him. Pretty much just talked business. I forgot to tell him about the 6x6 bull elk I saw halfway between his driveway and my driveway this morning. No pic, but he way burly. Large and in charge, looking for some ladies.

also, nice!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

FKNA, Lone Peak is plastered with snow this morning. Very foggy right now, I will try to get a photo when the fog clears.

Edit: photo added

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1862.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	293582

Last edited by Harry; 09-10-2019 at 08:31 AM.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

FYI that $4300 was just the downpayment on the SA. Final big chunk will be due Dec 2020 or Jan 2021 and vary based on unit SF. Not something any sellers have been mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Not something any sellers have been mentioning.
    I am absolutely shook.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I am absolutely shook.
    Haha. I think alot of people just bought hills in the last 6 months or so and thought the first installment was the whole thing unfortunately.

I forgot to tell him about the 6x6 bull elk I saw halfway between his driveway and my driveway this morning. No pic, but he way burly. Large and in charge, looking for some ladies.
    I may have seen your bull as he chased off a rag horn from a group of six cows last night. Bugling elk have started in these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I may have seen your bull as he chased off a rag horn from a group of six cows last night. Bugling elk have started in these parts.
    Might have to go brave the weather and take the bow for a walk.

FYI that $4300 was just the downpayment on the SA. Final big chunk will be due Dec 2020 or Jan 2021 and vary based on unit SF. Not something any sellers have been mentioning.
    Not to be a fucking douche, but:

(2) (a) "Adverse material fact" means a fact that should be recognized by a broker or salesperson as being of enough significance as to affect a person's decision to enter into a contract to buy or sell real property and may be a fact that:
    (i) materially affects the value, affects structural integrity, or presents a documented health risk to occupants of the property; or
    (ii) materially affects the buyer's ability or intent to perform the buyer's obligations under a proposed or existing contract.

https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0...0010-0020.html

Same definition applies for sellers themselves, not just agents.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Not to be a fucking douche, but:

(2) (a) "Adverse material fact" means a fact that should be recognized by a broker or salesperson as being of enough significance as to affect a person's decision to enter into a contract to buy or sell real property and may be a fact that:
    (i) materially affects the value, affects structural integrity, or presents a documented health risk to occupants of the property; or
    (ii) materially affects the buyer's ability or intent to perform the buyer's obligations under a proposed or existing contract.

https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0...0010-0020.html

Same definition applies for sellers themselves, not just agents.
    That's not being a douche, that's just being right. People are gonna people unfortunately. Always pays to contact the HOA directly and see what's cooking.

Bartender at Scissorbills just got what is likely a state record Mule Deer with a bow.

That's not being a douche, that's just being right. People are gonna people unfortunately. Always pays to contact the HOA directly and see what's cooking.
    What is the law regarding disclosure of unpaid yep voted on assessments? Down here in the land of weed and 14ers, a standard contract would require that the HOA manager provide documents including unpaid assessments.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    What is the law regarding disclosure of unpaid yep voted on assessments? Down here in the land of weed and 14ers, a standard contract would require that the HOA manager provide documents including unpaid assessments.
    I doubt there is any specific law other than the one cited above, but the Montana Association of Realtors standard form Seller's Property Disclosure includes a field for property owners association dues, etc. I am pretty confident that if I were giving legal advice (I AM NOT) that someone failing to disclose a known upcoming special assessment is likely to lose if they get sued. And they would probably deserve to, because you know they are out there touting the improvements.

Bartender at Scissorbills just got what is likely a state record Mule Deer with a bow.

Out with the pics!!

I'm just a dirtbag carpenter working on my insurance audit...but...I'm on my HOA board so I have a bit of knowledge. In the land of crowded ski areas and low snowfall, HOA are governed by the Colorado Common Ownership Interest Act. Part of that all but insists an HOA has a professionally certified property manager. As I understand it, at the time of closing the title company requires a set of documents from the Property Manager including extensive financial disclosures. The googles found me this https://www.cohoalaw.com/community-a...ales-contract/

Realtors and buyers love to throw the HOA under the bus. 9/10 the info was disclosed, the "real estate professional" didn't properly advice the buyer, the buyer didn't read what what they signed, the commission check clears, everyone throws their hands up and the dirt pimp still makes in the happy hour on time.

Realtors and buyers love to throw the HOA under the bus. 9/10 the info was disclosed, the "real estate professional" didn't properly advice the buyer, the buyer didn't read what what they signed, the commission check clears, everyone throws their hands up and the dirt pimp still makes in the happy hour on time.
    In my short time with a license and hearing all the stories from my sister's 20 years as a realtor it's astounding the level of negligence in the field.

I'm lucky to have a contract coordinator/mentor who is a stickler for doing things the right way, not the easy way.

Even if the law didn't demand disclosure, anyone would be foolish to buy something without at least wanting to know what future known assessments are coming down the pipe.

In my short time with a license and hearing all the stories from my sister's 20 years as a realtor it's astounding the level of negligence in the field.

I'm lucky to have a contract coordinator/mentor who is a stickler for doing things the right way, not the easy way.

Even if the law didn't demand disclosure, anyone would be foolish to buy something without at least wanting to know what future known assessments are coming down the pipe.
    Good for you, I think. Hopefully you don't lose too many sales to the deceitful shit bags. What is surprising to is not the negligence and lack of ethics, it is simply how institutionalized it is. I any other profession, that is you number one job as an agent. Accept Realtor's contract don't even acknowledge the agency relationship. Their allegiance is "to the deal". Funny that, the guy with the tm next to the word Realtor ain't even your agent. That's what 3% gets ya.

But really, what is the law in MT? Buyers should read everything. Actually, that's a good rule for any legal or contractual contract. "All documents must be presented 48 hours prior to closing for review".

Typical buyer "should I read that?"

Typical Realtor "not necessary, my Chardonnay is getting warm"

But really, what is the law in MT?
    For the most part, Montana has very few laws. Which is part of the reason I love living in this state.

I was on my HOA Board for 6 years. Worst experience ever. Really makes you realize just how petty most people are.

Good for you, I think. Hopefully you don't lose too many sales to the deceitful shit bags. What is surprising to is not the negligence and lack of ethics, it is simply how institutionalized it is. I any other profession, that is you number one job as an agent. Accept Realtor's contract don't even acknowledge the agency relationship. Their allegiance is "to the deal". Funny that, the guy with the tm next to the word Realtor ain't even your agent. That's what 3% gets ya.

But really, what is the law in MT? Buyers should read everything. Actually, that's a good rule for any legal or contractual contract. "All documents must be presented 48 hours prior to closing for review".

Typical buyer "should I read that?"

Typical Realtor "not necessary, my Chardonnay is getting warm"
    The information for the buyer isn't always readily available. I dealt with a home once that had an old heating oil tank under the living room floor which was a later addition. No paperwork, permits, etc. would have been available to the buyer. It leaked through the wall of the stairwell so the realtor/owner painted over it and called it a day. Young couple with a baby moved in and called my agency about odor concerns after they had lived there for a while. The concrete living room floor had to be jack hammered out to get the tank out, contaminated soil/tank removed by hand, new stairwell wall, etc. Realtor knew about the issue all the time and sold it to a couple with an infant, pathetic!

Had another in a small town with a very old gas station on the market, remediation equipment on site, monitoring wells everywhere, etc. Cleanup at this site had been going on for years. The realtor lived in this tiny town and damn well knew about it, but told the buyer they weren't aware of any issues with the property. WTF? Fortunately the buyer noticed all the monitoring wells and walked away.

That being said, I have worked with several very conscientious realtors over the years that were very professional so you can't paint them all with the same brush and every industry has it's wankers (including the gubment!).

^^I too have worked with several great realtors in my home transactions, and there is no question that they have saved me (or made me) a lot more money than they ever cost me.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    ^^I too have worked with several great realtors in my home transactions, and there is no question that they have saved me (or made me) a lot more money than they ever cost me.
    x2!

Out with the pics!!
    I have seen some, it is a monster. If I had a copy I would post it.

You are up here all the time, just drop into Scissorbills, he will show you. Especially since you are a fellow bow hunter.