Page 335 of 341 FirstFirst ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 8524
  1. #8351
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11,819
    Motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just went out on the back deck to check on this years "crop".

    All 3 are gone, they were there this am before I left for work..

    I am beginning to really REALLY hate Bozeman.
    Specially since the weight is not a giant factor on a motorized bike.

  2. #8352
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Missoula DMV
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just went out on the back deck to check on this years "crop".

    All 3 are gone, they were there this am before I left for work..

    I am beginning to really REALLY hate Bozeman.
    Come to missoula. They are more interested in the mushrooms

  3. #8353
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    The "socialist worker?" There must be a story behind that?
    The "article" was clearly socialist propaganda with two alternative futures that conjoined skiing with the green new deal and guaranteed basic income that would befit the Socialist Worker which was a Trotskyist daily and now a weekly. I am no fan of communism, but do keep tabs on what the left is up to by reading their media.

  4. #8354
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    good spots to #vanlife park overnight
    No judgment, but does #vanlife mean deep stealth mode or giant bonfire, music @ 125 dB and ripping through clips in the AK on full auto? If it you are in stealth mode PM me.

  5. #8355
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    There was a time I appreciated and subscribed to HCN.

    That time has passed.
    Hooooo boy, that's the truth. They used to do a good job covering issues that mattered in the west but they've gone off the deep end in the past year or two.

  6. #8356
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    The "article" was clearly socialist propaganda with two alternative futures that conjoined skiing with the green new deal and guaranteed basic income that would befit the Socialist Worker which was a Trotskyist daily and now a weekly. I am no fan of communism, but do keep tabs on what the left is up to by reading their media.
    I was attempting to ask if you were calling the magazine the "socialist worker." I'm still not sure but think you may be? I've never paid a lot of attention but always thought HCN covered western environments issues major media ignored. I actually just subscribed for the first time a week ago as I met the editor in chief by chance in June and found him interesting. I see Bunion and Spud aren't fans of the magazine so I'll check it out.

    On the article my take is that the negative version is pretty much in line with the science of what could happen if we continue business as usual. The second one is clearly one vision of what the future could be. I personally prefer that vision, although I'm sure there are many others I'd like too.

    Just to nitpick -- Socialism means government owns the means of production. Not sure that is the case here.

  7. #8357
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just went out on the back deck to check on this years "crop".

    All 3 are gone, they were there this am before I left for work..

    I am beginning to really REALLY hate Bozeman.
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that shit happened to you.

  8. #8358
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    304
    The dystopian version failed to say anything about people stealing the ladies off of back porches, so it seems the present is already worse than an imagined future.

  9. #8359
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    No judgment, but does #vanlife mean deep stealth mode or giant bonfire, music @ 125 dB and ripping through clips in the AK on full auto? If it you are in stealth mode PM me.
    Sounds fun but no, PM sent

  10. #8360
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    I've never paid a lot of attention but always thought HCN covered western environments issues major media ignored. I actually just subscribed for the first time a week ago as I met the editor in chief by chance in June and found him interesting. I see Bunion and Spud aren't fans of the magazine so I'll check it out.
    I was a long time subscriber, HCN has just grown too shrill and extreme for my tastes. I support the idea that Wilderness can exist while allowing some Mountain Bike access to designated area, particularly areas in which past use of such "mechanical" contraptions was allowed.

    HCN has taken the stand that such things are impossible or unpalatable.

    https://www.hcn.org/wotr/mountain-bi...rness-dont-mix

    So we (HCN & I) disagree.

    As for the ladies, the pisser is that they were stolen by neighbors, most likely one of my nearby neighbors kids. Not to get overwrought but the feeling of being violated is one that is difficult to take.
    Specially since the weight is not a giant factor on a motorized bike.

  11. #8361
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I was a long time subscriber, HCN has just grown too shrill and extreme for my tastes. I support the idea that Wilderness can exist while allowing some Mountain Bike access to designated area, particularly areas in which past use of such "mechanical" contraptions was allowed.

    HCN has taken the stand that such things are impossible or unpalatable.

    https://www.hcn.org/wotr/mountain-bi...rness-dont-mix

    So we (HCN & I) disagree.

    As for the ladies, the pisser is that they were stolen by neighbors, most likely one of my nearby neighbors kids. Not to get overwrought but the feeling of being violated is one that is difficult to take.
    And a lot of the mountain biking is on trails they took over from the motorized crowd. The best way to encourage people to defend public lands (and the environment in general) is to get them to spend time out of doors. Some people choose to use mechanical or motorized devices to do so, and allowing for space for that type of outdoor recreation (as well as space for non-mechanized, non-motorized, quiet use and perhaps space that favors neither use in favor of non-human occupants) is critical to both encouraging folks to "opt outside" and to get their support of our public lands. I also find it bizarre that a game cart is prohibited, but skiing on a pair of Shifts is legal—one has one moving part and is based on very old technology, the others have a lot more and are rather recent.

    As to the second: aargh. Sucks to be pushed towards that route, but HD cameras are now pretty damn cheap if you wanted to keep an eye on things (and possibly provide a deterrent for shit disappearing again). If you don't mind the privacy implications of having video in the Amazon cloud, the Blink XT2 is pretty damn easy to set up as long as you have good WiFi where you want to put the cameras and doesn't require a monthly fee for cloud video storage. At least with video footage you'd have a chance of knocking on the right door and asking for your property back (if the blinking lights didn't dissuade the asshats to begin with).

  12. #8362
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11,819
    ^^^ Agree on both counts. I have a garage full of tools and bikes and fear that this could be a rehearsal.
    Specially since the weight is not a giant factor on a motorized bike.

  13. #8363
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bozone
    Posts
    321
    I might have been one of those kids in suburban Orange County - walking walls, peeking over fences, sniffing the air..

  14. #8364
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Western MT
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ Agree on both counts. I have a garage full of tools and bikes and fear that this could be a rehearsal.
    My neighbor lady saw 3 guys peering through my windows and looking over the neighbor's fence in the middle of the afternoon the other day, which is unnerving enough, let alone if they actually took something. I mostly worry they might hurt my old decrepit dog. My guns are in a safe at least.

    I ran out that day and bought some security cams. I get an alert and video on my phone if there is activity, and my work is only 5 blocks from my house so I can get on it pretty quick if I'm not away somewhere.

    Sorry about your loss Not bunion.

  15. #8365
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    BZN
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I was a long time subscriber, HCN has just grown too shrill and extreme for my tastes. I support the idea that Wilderness can exist while allowing some Mountain Bike access to designated area, particularly areas in which past use of such "mechanical" contraptions was allowed.
    That's pretty similar to where I fall with HCN, too. It's certainly not binary: they still publish some good stuff with regard to climate, the environment, water in the west, et cetera. From my (very limited) perspective, getting to that reporting takes more effort and wading through what they see as hot-button social issues. Basically, shrieking about cultural appropriation isn't up my alley but things like reintroducing wolves and not screwing up our limited water resources are very much up my alley.

    But hey, I'm just a guy whining about it on the internet... must be a sign that it's still summer.

  16. #8366
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Don't think ur gonna get sprayed... this is more of a chummy welcoming crew that's still in summer mode
    Wird. I like being a little preemptive with info😁. Especially with our east coast flavor of summer. I like eating soup, not swimming it.

    Thanks everyone else... this is looking like a done deal. Hashing out air/lodging in the next few weeks.

  17. #8367
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    Thanks everyone else... this is looking like a done deal. Hashing out air/lodging in the next few weeks.
    Should be a good conference!

  18. #8368
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Should be a good conference!
    Would deff be down for a tour man,thanks!

  19. #8369
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryFunk View Post
    Hey, do any of you Big Sky insiders know anything about a Frequent Skier/Sky/MT Pass kind of deal for the upcoming season? Nothing on the website, and the 406 pass doesn't have any early/late dates associated with it. Did we get a big FUCK OFF along with everybody else?
    Montana Pass on sale now

    https://bigskyresort.com/season-passes/montana-pass

  20. #8370
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I just went out on the back deck to check on this years "crop".

    All 3 are gone, they were there this am before I left for work..

    I am beginning to really REALLY hate Bozeman.
    oh shit!
    vibes
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

    Last year for 'Threads for Shreds' jacket trade in program!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  21. #8371
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bozone
    Posts
    321
    Those who know, what's the delay in the canyon like? I need to zip down to West tomorrow and will go Ennis way if it's quicker.

    thanks..

  22. #8372
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    11,819
    10 minutes tops, the contractor figured out traffic control.
    Specially since the weight is not a giant factor on a motorized bike.

  23. #8373
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bozone
    Posts
    321
    Cool, thanks..

  24. #8374
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Thanks for the "heads up" !
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
    Well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

  25. #8375
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    5,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    As for the ladies, the pisser is that they were stolen by neighbors, most likely one of my nearby neighbors kids. Not to get overwrought but the feeling of being violated is one that is difficult to take.
    Time to set up a paintball claymore like this guy did for poachers on his property! I say set up a game cam, reset your trap, and wait for the fun to begin:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •