Page 2 of 879 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Where else has toothless, meth addicted women and good powder?
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    and especially the Vermonters.
    WHORE!!!!

but i do appreciate the influx of babes.

i came to tgr for this
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-praxis-thread

i came to MT for this

duh.

Holy hell, so much angst in this thread. I mean... I realize that there's no snow and we are a little pissed about it. But holy shit, take a deep breath, go have a beer and take comfort in the fact that you have the opportunity to live in a place that some people with they while lives to retire in.

Also sarcasm rinds high around here. How is this still not understood?

It will be ok, seriously.

I like this thread and look forward to the stoke it is sure to provide from all over MT.

enjoy the holidays and spend time with the fam, 'cause once 2012 hits, we will only have time to eat, ski, and sleep.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Also sarcasm rinds high around here. How is this still not understood?
    it is. how is this still not understood?

ill throw you a bone. grizzly was above the knees all day, skier compaction program made my day, thanks steve. angsty? not a chance.

i just dont get why there needs to be a thread about it. if i want to "get stoked" or find out "whats goin' off" or whatever, i go skiing. not tgring.

carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by newe english View Post
    it is. how is this still not understood?

ill throw you a bone. grizzly was above the knees all day, skier compaction program made my day, thanks steve. angsty? not a chance.

i just dont get why there needs to be a thread about it. if i want to "get stoked" or find out "whats goin' off" or whatever, i go skiing. not tgring.

carry on.
    Why? Well... Some of us like to share and get beta while we drive our desks. But mainly because Bridger somehow deserves its own thread.

Otherwise? Yah, go skiing. Be happy. Share the stoke.

the rock skiid well yesterday, 14-24" fresh into pockets where the wind blew. Today was fun @ LTPM, six skiid like twelve in protected spots. I wanna here from some Red Lodge folk, sounds like there gettin the lovins. Happy Holidays MT maggots, stay safe and be patient. we will have a fine winter.

Tone capone laying it down and spitting it raw. I like it buddy. People need to chill.

Shedhorn opening today

Anyone else catch Santa rappelling off the zipline into the crowd below ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by rockcreek View Post
    I wanna here from some Red Lodge folk, sounds like there gettin the lovins. Happy Holidays MT maggots, stay safe and be patient. we will have a fine winter.
    Indeed. Spent all last weekend at RL. It hadn't snowed since about Wednesday (16"), but the crowds were low enough all weekend that there still remains tons of untouched powder. I had blast. Snow conditions were great, the mountain was 100% open, all lifts were running with no lines, and the stoke levels were high. The place was practically a ghost town on Saturday (Christmas Eve)! There were a few exposed rocks at spots, but that was pretty rare. The pow was deep in a few stashes amongst the trees.

Great, great weekend. Come on over and enjoy it! There's plenty to go around.

I can't believe no one was there, you'd think they'd have had a busy Christmas. Wish I could have gone.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

snowbowl skied really well this weekend. most of the mountain was open and things were filling in nicely.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Heading out to BS/MLB in a couple weeks. Hopefully there will be SOMETHING to ski on... Nothing here in MN. 50 degrees yesterday, and more to come. WTF?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Axe, Let me know when your going to be there. If snow comes I will be there as well. I'll buy beer.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

sounds legit austin, thanks. I have off thurs, fri, sat, and am tryin to think where would be the tastiest of treats. Looks like most of the state is gonna get some snow, but, being as I am a pow addict and thus need to feed my addiction properlike, i seek the deepest snow available. LTPM may be worthy if it stays cold enuff, blacktail looks promising, as does mlb. shit even a trip to the ghee may be in order. if noaa says rock dodge the town has a 30% chance of snow, would it be safe to assume rock dodge the ski area has a 60% chance?? any thoughts re: these matters are certainly appreciated. Most likely I will watch the storms wednesday nite and give'r a game time decision early thursday am. here comes the snowins!!!

Targhee appears to be the preferred choice for the next couple days. You can see on the precip maps all that Pacific moisture getting funneled up the snake river plain.

Quote Originally Posted by newe english View Post
    if i want to "get stoked" or find out "whats goin' off" or whatever, i go skiing. not tgring.
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, bro.

As per the dartboard at NOAA, for most of SW MT:

STRONG WINDS ARE LIKELY OVER MOST OF NORTH CENTRAL AND ALL OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON. THERE WILL BE SHORT PERIODS OF LIGHTER WINDS TONIGHT BEFORE WIND SPEEDS INCREASE ONCE AGAIN ON THURSDAY MORNING.

SUSTAINED WEST WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH...WITH GUSTS UP TO 65 MPH ARE POSSIBLE.

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT WILL RANGE FROM 3 TO 6 INCHES.
    Stay left.

that is much needed assuming those 65 mph gusts dont take off all of it.

Raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock at my house in 4 Corners.

Remote WX sites show this should=snow down in Big Sky
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventy View Post
    As per the dartboard at NOAA, for most of SW MT:

STRONG WINDS ARE LIKELY OVER MOST OF NORTH CENTRAL AND ALL OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON. THERE WILL BE SHORT PERIODS OF LIGHTER WINDS TONIGHT BEFORE WIND SPEEDS INCREASE ONCE AGAIN ON THURSDAY MORNING.

SUSTAINED WEST WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH...WITH GUSTS UP TO 65 MPH ARE POSSIBLE.

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT WILL RANGE FROM 3 TO 6 INCHES.
    There wasn't a lick of snow in that whole thing, save for some rain. Rad. More NOAA bullshit.

I drove back from Oregon yesterday and it rained for 600 miles, all while maintaining a steady 40 degrees; including the passes. Not that it matters to us, but Lookout Pass is proper fucked with that kind of warmth and rain. So any moisture and weather we are going to get is going to be wet and warm. Rad.

6" new at around 12% up at MLB. I have the day off but talked to some of my staff this a.m.

Still snowing, no rain, some lightning though.

This will hep a lot in terms of snow surfaces.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Dangit. Been warm and crazy windy all week. The snow's even all melted away here in Lewistown, which is usually in a pleasant perpetual state of winter. Every day the forecast has predicted "snow tomorrow," but that always changes to cloudy and in the 50's by the time it comes around. Almost reminds of the signs you see at some bars saying "Free beer tomorrow."

Red Lodge forecast is looking hopeful for this weekend, but we shall see. I'm sure it will still be good, though. RL is still quite blessed compared to many mountains for the moment.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...:59068.1.99999

(This message is for all those quietly lurking, starry eyed midwesterners): "Here at the greatest, most extreme ski area in North America, there is no base, and nothing but faceted crystals capped by a rain crust outside the ski area. If we are lucky we might get a creamy 1-3 (inches) by Saturday morning. After that only warm temps and sunshine in the 10 day. And if there is anything that NOAA is ALWAYS right about, it's warm and sunny temps settling in midwinter. SWWWWWEEEEEETTTT! ARE YOU STOKED YET?

Just remeber grasshoppers, anytime the moisture is coming straight from the west or up the Snake River Plain/Great Basin this time of year, there is only a small chance the Bridgers will get anything more than a quick creamy 1-3" no matter what kind of apocolypse they are predicting for southern Madison and Gallatin counties. Sometimes it dumps, but don't get your hopes up for those scenarios, just feel lucky for anything we get in the Bridgers. Often they give all of Gallatin County a Winter Storm Warning for these scenarios, but usually it applies only to West Yellowstone and the 191 corridor. Big Sky usually only gets bits and pieces of those storms as well.

Sorry to bring the unstoke, but this sucks, might as well get used to it, it's not going to change anytime soon. It's nice everywhere else is going to break the 30 day drought cycle, but I'd give it a full 45 here. Fuck, if you count November it's going to be a 75 day drought. I might even have to swallow my pride and buy a ticket just to rip groomers at Big Sky or Moonlight one of these days. FML.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra