Page 240 of 891 FirstFirst ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 22270
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

For all the mags everywhere, is there a new thing where people ski without poles and just go mach chicken while in the backseat? Cause I saw that a lot today and these were not kids.
    There's a trend in park skiing amongst pros these days called "new wave" that involves no poles, lots of arm waving and creative rail skiing. Lots of kids try to imitate it and the result is the unfortunate display you witnessed. Most of em are bellman at the resort and they all ski in a big pack and think they're hot shit. Only a matter of time before their knees explode or they lose control and seriously hurt someone.

Quote Originally Posted by racesla View Post
    Backside laps at Disco on Saturday.
    What?! Isn't that unusual for the backside be open so early?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    What?! Isn't that unusual for the backside be open so early?
    Wondering the same. Home prices in anaconda are tempting for moving back to MT

For all the mags everywhere, is there a new thing where people ski without poles and just go mach chicken while in the backseat? Cause I saw that a lot today and these were not kids.
    It's totally a thing. Beater and flail about as you tail gun the figure elevens down what flat run your'e skiing. All the skittle folk and gapers are doing.

Oh, and you fellas (and ladies) have it so damn good out there. But you know that.

I managed to sneak out there to watch some playoff sportsball and get a proper day in at Bridger on Sunday. Fuckin' A was it rad and so great to be back. The coverage at Bridger on Sunday was like January or February. Crazy. It really made me want to get back soon to go shred Big Sky.

Next trip, with more lead time, we'll try to get a mini-summit and I'll try to get some turns in with you busters.

Also, you heard it here first; Montana makes the best scotch ales in the country. Period.

ETA: what in shit is up with image posting? BBC code doesn't work and attaching it via URL also does not work. dafuq?!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    There's a trend in park skiing amongst pros these days called "new wave" that involves no poles, lots of arm waving and creative rail skiing. Lots of kids try to imitate it and the result is the unfortunate display you witnessed. Most of em are bellman at the resort and they all ski in a big pack and think they're hot shit. Only a matter of time before their knees explode or they lose control and seriously hurt someone.
    OK that explains a lot, like I wrote these were obviously guys who were somewhat familiar with the area although some of their line choices were cringe inducing and they were not young by any stretch, late 20s.

New Wave eh? What happened to Punk?

What happened to Punk?
    Heroin and the like were tough on punk culture surviving. New wave or new school?

Poor kids today. They got no words to use. Seem to lack imagination.

So they re-hash something cool from another time. New wave is an 80's thing.
    I grew up in the D.C. punk scene. Long friendship with HR, Daryl and Dr. Know.

Punk is hiding, waiting for you to turn the corner.

Never met a punk on H. Good way to get rolled.

Skinhead Moonstomp.

Been reading this. https://pleasekillme.com/books/

Thought it was a funny coincidence.

Judging from the book, H was a big thing in Punkdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Most of em are bellman at the resort and they all ski in a big pack and think they're hot shit.
    Thanks to this valuable Intel from Swiftybish, when these two beaters wearing Adidas track suits and zero poles got on the lift with me today I asked them "hey, are you guys bellmen ?".

The answer was yes.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yep, that is part of the posse.

Adidas track suits? They will be very chilly by this time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    "hey, are you guys bellmen ?".

The answer was yes.
    lol
    No fuqn way
    I'm still lol
    ​I am not in your hurry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1543365169.344553.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	595.2 KB 
ID:	257522

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^Nice Harry. So psyched to get down there tomorrow. Be booting up in the lodge about 11 a.m. if anybody is around. Green Marmot coat, black K2 pack.

Good to share a chair ride with ya Harry. I managed to snake a 1st lap in the bowl ahead of the hordes and stayed there for 8 more. Word was that Liberty was ridiculous deep from yesterday's snow and north wind.

Went over to Challenger and was surprised at how empty it was and how good the coverage was.

This reminds me of an old TGR post (maybe Padded Room?)

“Skiing without poles is like getting a blowjob from a guy... it feels great until you look down and realize you’re gay”

Hoping to get up to BB Friday, hit me up if you’re around.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Wednesday + Thursday for me. Hope the forecast holds!
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    ^^Nice Harry. So psyched to get down there tomorrow. Be booting up in the lodge about 11 a.m. if anybody is around. Green Marmot coat, black K2 pack.
    I am working Wednesday, but I should be skiing on Thursday. I will keep my eyes out for you.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Hey Yeahman, it is dumping right now. (6:30 am)

Temp +25F

7am update: no longer dumping.
    Last edited by Harry; 11-28-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Hope you guys got in on some opening day action! Looking yummy out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Thanks to this valuable Intel from Swiftybish, when these two beaters wearing Adidas track suits and zero poles got on the lift with me today I asked them "hey, are you guys bellmen ?".

The answer was yes.
    Hahahahhahaahhaa this just made my day

Haha. Did you laugh in their faces, Harry? Or proceed stone-faced into chitchat about hotel politics and ON3P insta clips?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I think I am finally gonna pick up my pass and ski tomorrow. Talk about a late start. I'm slippin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I think I am finally gonna pick up my pass and ski tomorrow. Talk about a late start. I'm slippin'.
    Nah. November is for hunting.

Better to extend seasons than ejaculate prematurely... make up for skipped fall turns with spring ski mountaineering when the big lines are in.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yeah. I kinda blew my load last year. Went at it hard from Nov to July and forgot that there was other stuff to do besides skiing. Honestly, I could do with another 2 weeks of hunting season, but my tune will change by this time tomorrow.

Get a few laps under my belt and skiing becomes the end all be all once again lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bunch of new terrain opened today off the Tram. I did not expect to be looking down Otter Slide and Lenin on November 28. Holy legburners Batman! Had to come in for a break.

FKNA!! November tram opening with what looks like amazing coverage, dayuuum! Lucky fucker!

Holy shit. Get some. And keep that coming...