Page 237 of 884 FirstFirst ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 22099
    Gotta give Mt. Cheesefry an A for effort...I guess.

Owner Kevin Taylor said he has "spies" keeping an eye on Discovery just in case they decide to start their lifts early to try and claim first-open status.

"If they want to push it, we've got lights," Taylor joked.

Heh

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

^^^pretty funny. We always called him "Kevin minus 7" because you needed to deduct 7" from whatever amount of new snow he claimed on the snow report. "A" for effort for sure though.

Sup y'all, been pretty hermity all summer but here I am whee. Been part timing with doppelmayr so in addition to fixing the old, I'm helping build the new and it's been rad. New lift will be sweet, but I'm ready for these 70 hour work weeks to end. Just a friendly reminder to anyone in big sky, not calling anyone out or assuming that anyone does this, the resort is closed and the base area is a very active construction zone. As cool as it is to go take a looksie at ramcharger 8 the ocho, it really fucks up the program with random people and dogs strolling about all over the site. Pulling rope today, she's a big one holy crap. Everything on that lift is so massive it blows my mind.

Good to see swiftybish back for another season. Thanks for your hard work. I think I know who you are, I will ask for change.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Why in the hell would anyone want to freeze and get in the way when they have this????

Getting closer.

Thanks for all the work D.

Hey Harry, can't make the drive down to party tonite but I will be free skiing a bit more than originally planned. I made the difficult decision to hang up the white cross for good. As of Thursday, 11/8/2018 I am now a retired Ski Patroller.

It was a great ride but that one is now over.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Good to see swiftybish back for another season. Thanks for your hard work. I think I know who you are, I will ask for change.
    I'm the little, greasy blonde with a permanent scowl and bags under her eyes mwahaha. The absolute fuckery that is the mountain mall parking lot for ski patrol training has perked me right up though. I've been cackling like a little gremlin all day

Fun day at disco. Also nice to share a lift with another mag, countryfunk. When I get settled over in pburg and have my pass you're more then welcome to crash. Also saw quite a few big sky peeps running around.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181110_115856.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	254903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181110_140438.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	254904

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

It was a very fun day and it was nice meeting you Lifelink - I had jet back home to make a birthday party, but hope to meet up again and make some turns with ya.
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Live blogging from DjongoFest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1541905081.064397.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	474.6 KB 
ID:	254931

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Opening day at Disco! My happy place.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

^^^ Nice to see pics of Discovery !

Great visit with Djongo this weekend. So much fun partying in real life with people from an online forum.

I’m pretty stoked on this early season stuff so far. Had a fun visit with Harry himself and Mssr. Djongo yesterday. Holy fucking bong rips, you guys put me to shame. Thanks for the hospitality!

In other news, northern Bridgers have about 4-5 of snow at 8,500’, Beehive / Big Sky not far behind (3 ft or a little less) and skied Hyalite Canyon today and reporting 1-2 feet near the reservoir and Story Rock area (not sure elevation). All fun and all worth checking out.

Here’s the snowy Gallatin forest near Hyalite from today...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1541984921.012250.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	255084

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I will be free skiing a bit more than originallyplanned. I made the difficult decision to hang up the white cross for good. As of Thursday, 11/8/2018 I am now a retired Ski Patroller.

It was a great ride but that one is now over.

Did this get overlooked?

WTF?

great partying witchu boys also!
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 11-11-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: mind boggled

I think we already wished Bunion a happy retirement like two retirements ago.

JK Bunion, congrats, enjoy your newfound freedom.

Name:  BS FF.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  43.2 KB
    Our Big Sky fire fighters heading to California now to tame the wild fires. Eyes & mind on task gentlemen, we are proud of you and CA needs your help.

Name:  BS FF.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  43.2 KB
    Our Big Sky fire fighters heading to California now to tame the wild fires. Eyes & mind on task gentlemen, we are proud of you and CA needs your help.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    ^^^pretty funny. We always called him "Kevin minus 7" because you needed to deduct 7" from whatever amount of new snow he claimed on the snow report. "A" for effort for sure though.
    I thought it was Great Divide by 2 on snow totals?

One of my kids was up there Sunday and said there were still cows grazing in Belmont Bowl lol. But good coverage on the run they had open.

I've been hoping for a TR from Harry's gathering this weekend. Bueller, Bueller?

Driving north on 20 and 191 on Sunday afternoon I found myself wondering if I passed any of the Jackson mags on the road. Needless to say, other than truly bad Mexican food in Idaho Falls, there's not a lot to think about on that drive...

Congrats on retiring, bunion! Looking forward to making some turns with you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I've been hoping for a TR from Harry's gathering this weekend. Bueller, Bueller?
    After the stoke and quick report in progress it has been "too quiet." Maybe the "what happens in Madison County, stays in Madison county" saying is true?

Text me if you need bail money. Cash no lectures.

help please
    thinking of getting a big sky pass
    bronze is only M-TR ,20 days of black outs
    Silver 7 days a week, also 20 days of black outs

my question is F,S,Sun worth the extra $600
    in colorado i never skied inbounds F,S,Sun due to front rangers exodus into mountains
    maybe ski a Sunday if it snowed big
    but passes were cheap, home hill only $350, for last 3 years was volunteer for patrol for avi control work, so free

whats the story here @ BS?
    if there is big dump Thurs night , how long does the pow stick around ?

thanks in advance
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I always go gold pass, but I think the bronze with tram access is a heckuva deal if you are content to tour or travel around to other ski areas on the weekends. Crowds at Big Sky are more dependent on time of year than weekend/weekday IMO. Powder gets skied off in a day but the wind often moves it around again overnight. Powder day shitshows are now my least favorite days at BS.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I always go gold pass, but I think the bronze with tram access is a heckuva deal if you are content to tour or travel around to other ski areas on the weekends. Crowds at Big Sky are more dependent on time of year than weekend/weekday IMO. Powder gets skied off in a day but the wind often moves it around again overnight. Powder day shitshows are now my least favorite days at BS.
    dang, the gold is $1500, i like snow transport stashes, so thats good to know, plenty of 5,000+ acres to move it around too,....what would be the times of year to be no where near the place? xmas, prez day? spring break, etc..... tell me bout pow day shit shows....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I've been hoping for a TR from Harry's gathering this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    After the stoke and quick report in progress it has been "too quiet." Maybe the "what happens in Madison County, stays in Madison county" saying is true?

Text me if you need bail money. Cash no lectures.
    Took me awhile to sober up, sorry. Weekend went pretty much as planned.

- good friends were made
    - bud was smoked
    - beer was drank
    - Scissorbills was invaded
    - ski movies were watched
    - Djongo and my kitty bonded

Only real mix up was Sunday breakfast. Rolled up to the Corral around 9-ish only to find it closed. Rolled over to the new Caliber Coffee (site of the old Bugaboo's). First time since the new owners. Great food, very satisfied.

A good time was had by all. For those who attended, you know how awesome it was. For those in the no-show category, you missed out on a great time.