Page 232 of 891 FirstFirst ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 22273
    ^^^ Anyone can have a bad day.

There are only 4 women who currently work on the BBSP and I cannot imagine any of them unloading like that.

We did sell a line of Blue zip sweatshirts that are logo-ed BBSP a few years ago.

Sorry for your troubles Spud, yeah Bozeman is growing and there are times I wish it was the same as when I moved here and times when I get irritable at all the new folks, but they moved here for the same reasons I did.

Very true - I don’t know the BBSP crew but everyone I’ve met has always been friendly, welcoming and generally great people

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm absolutely going with the bad day theory - her dog was friendly, and generally crabby people don't tend to have friendly dogs.

The jacket she had on was gray, maybe some sort of windbreaker/tech material, and looked legitimate to me, at least.

I certainly moved here for the same reasons as everyone else, it's just dumb luck that I found a job approximately within my field here.

Anybody around this week for a maggot gathering on a weekday evening?

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    If you or anyone else is around Big Sky, Harry and I will be tipping glasses at Scissorbills at 5 today.

I'm absolutely going with the bad day theory - her dog was friendly, and generally crabby people don't tend to have friendly dogs.

The jacket she had on was gray, maybe some sort of windbreaker/tech material, and looked legitimate to me, at least.

I certainly moved here for the same reasons as everyone else, it's just dumb luck that I found a job approximately within my field here.

Yeah, I have one of those jackets. Again sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    If you or anyone else is around Big Sky, Harry and I will be tipping glasses at Scissorbills at 5 today.
    Missed idahospud, good to see Talisman again.

FYI: Scissorbills is open in the off season now. Open 4 till 9 every evening until the resort opens.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Missed idahospud, good to see Talisman again.

FYI: Scissorbills is open in the off season now. Open 4 till 9 every evening until the resort opens.
    Dang, didn't see this until now. I was out at the opposite end of Gallatin County learning that simply existing on a map isn't part of the criteria for a road existing in real life.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	252917

I could grab beers tomorrow evening. Hoping to get a short bike window tomorrow afternoon
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

A nice and peaceful day out at Portal Creek.

Name:	Portal Creek1 (Large).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	491.2 KB 
ID:	252948

Name:	Portal Creek2 (Large).jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	604.1 KB 
ID:	252949

Name:	Portal Creek3 (Large).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	711.8 KB 
ID:	252950

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    I could probably do tomorrow evening, October 30th or Thursday, November 1st--meet at a watering hole downtown around 5-5:30 PM? Who's in?
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Post the chosen hole and see who turns up?

I can hang tomorrow. Where ya thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

As Lexi-Bell famously said here; "The last person here wants to build the biggest fence." I've found that to be true in Bozeman, here in Portland and nearly anywhere else experiencing growth. Hell, I made my way to Bozeman in '98 and you think it's changed in the last five years? In '99, Costco was the only thing at the end of 19th and not much between it and Main. Good times...

We all come from somewhere.

Enjoy it while you're there, grumps or not. It's a rad place, even with all the growth. I miss it. Badly.

nicely said... I had just a peekaboo look for the first time last year. The lack of culture hasn't dignified the area with a stigma. Parts North are tribal but opinionatedly open to the new. To teh south, maybe a little more than stigma and more on the way.

Just in the shadows the local flavor is easy to find and the towns underbelly is still comparatively soft.

Powder Actuated White is In
    ​I am not in your hurry

I could probably get beers Thursday night if anyone wants to meet up.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Post the chosen hole and see who turns up?
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I could probably get beers Thursday night if anyone wants to meet up.
    The Pour House, downtown Bozeman Thursday evening... I’ll be there around 5:15. Please chime in if you plan on being there so I don’t sit in a watering hole alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    The Pour House, downtown Bozeman Thursday evening... I’ll be there around 5:15. Please chime in if you plan on being there so I don’t sit in a watering hole alone.
    I can probably be there around then, maybe closer to 5:30.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

I try like hell to avoid drinking in DT Bozeman but 1 or 2 pints wouldn't hurt.

I will try and make it as well.

Since it is still beer drinking season up there for the most part, this traveler has a few questions.

Making travel plans for this upcoming Winter and would appreciate any insight. I will be traveling by car with a destination of a BC hut for the second week of February followed by 3-4 days at Rogers Pass so lots of touring on the back part of the trip.

My drive plans make Montana a natural route. I would like to ski mostly lift served, but side country is great too as I will have the full kit. 6 days skiing and 1 day driving would be ideal. I have 3 days free at Red Mountain Lodge and anotherVTskibum gave me a good low down on the place so that is a natural start, so Sunday/Monday there. Plan A would then be Tuesday/Wednesday at BB, Thursday/Friday at Discovery Basin. Saturday drive to Kaslo, BC.

Options: Snowbowl, Big Mountain and Schweitzer(been) could be switched in. BC resorts of Castle, Fernie, Kimberly. WW(been) could be done with the drive day coming earlier. Leave latter because the East is going off. So drive can be altered to fit snow patterns, but needs to fit in with arrival day in BC.

Thoughts on above

What on campus is worth visiting in Bozeman and Missoula?

Bozeman Hot Springs looks ok for a commercial place yes/no? Any other recommendations?

Any general thoughts on winter travel that will take me from Red Lodge to North of Nelson, BC? Any roads have closures/what would you think predicts closures? Any roads to try to avoid (will not be going over Salmo Pass unless WW comes into play)?

Will be watching the thread and dip back in middle of January once winters course is more clear (accuweather's ad sell for winter looks great for MT). Plan to car camp so if folks have a spot, will shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post

What on campus is worth visiting in Bozeman?

Bozeman Hot Springs looks ok for a commercial place yes/no? Any other recommendations?
    Near the MSU campus in BZN is Bridger Brewing which has good beer and pizza. Museum of the Rockies is another nearby cultural option.

Not a fan of Bozeman Hot Springs, think indoor pools teeming with children.

You might be overthinking the MT winter travel plan. Roads are usually well plowed unless there is a windy snow storm, and the best bet is to ski where you are until the weather clears. Weather forecasts for the snow in the mtns of MT are typically widely inaccurate. A predicted 2 incher can deliver a foot and a predicted big storm can deliver a dusting.

BB and Disco mid-week can't be beat if the snow is good. SW Montana to Kaslo is a really long day, especially if roads are dicey. We either drive to Nelson, ski WW the next day (or Rossland/Red Mountain) and spend that night in Kaslo so we have an easy day in the morning - it breaks up the drive nicely. If you're doing Rogers you'll be driving right by Revy, and have the option of coming back past Kicking Horse, just sayin' 'cuz they're not on your list of options ...
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Montana.
    If they have snow, Discovery Basin kicks ass. Had a great time skiing there last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post

Not a fan of Bozeman Hot Springs, think indoor pools teeming with children.
    What other hot spring has a faucet guests can control in the hot pool (essentially a 1st-degree burn pool that is usually well over 110 degrees) with a 50 degree cold pool right near it? Or is that gone? And you can avoid the kid times easily. Fairmont Hot Springs on the way to Missoula is cool, just a big outdoor pool but super relaxing to sip a beer outside while it snows...might be able to camp in the big parking lot there too. Wake up, eat breakfast at the hotel, hit the road.

Discovery and red Lodge is worth one day unless it snows 2-3 feet. Bridger you need a full season there, ha. Make sure the backside of Discovery is open for the season before going. Snowbowl has great vert and trees. Turner Mtn is great but not open every day.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I am a fan of Norris or Chico over Bozeman Hot Springs. Norris has the chillest vibe.

Thanks all for the responses. Not too worried about the driving, but just wanted to check if there are roads that do close. It is a long drive from Discovery to Kaslo, but if I do 5 hours after skiing with a couple breaks the following day shouldn't be so bad. Revy is definitely on the list for after hut. I have been to KH a couple times, but not Revy and I like the town better. None of the other Alberta areas are likely to be hit unless a storm and my driving on the return line up.

Likely will lock in driving options a week or so out (who has the base to make it worth while) Real flexible as Red Lodge is the only place I have tickets and rest are not too bad walk up rates. Cutting Red down to 1 day is easy and the plan is to be flexible so pretty much all the mountains are in play if that is the right play. I have found storm chasing by car to be kind of a green light/red light thing.

For short term forecast I like to use NOAA point forecast. Any weather guru's for Montana worth listening to beyond knowing how to look at NOAA's generated data sets?