Page 189 of 891 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 22254
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0521.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	435.4 KB 
ID:	222076

^^That does look nice. Going to head there tomorrow and Friday hoping this 70% chance of snow turns into something, though it seems like they are knocking it back a bit. Whatever, I got a free place to stay so might as well go.

^ Holy shit the coverage looks amazing for this time of year. Fuck me I can't wait until BBI!!!!

Jah, looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Big ginger dude?
    No idea, talked to him on the phone. Works at the Lodge at BS.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    No idea, talked to him on the phone. Works at the Lodge at BS.
    Name:  dude.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  33.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Another good day up there. Full bluebird. Tram lines were better. Oh, and I met Bobcat Sig!
    Always a pleasure to meet some of the Big Sky maggotry.

Skied Saturday and Sunday with my brother. One his first day of the season, we sent it down North Summit and as I learned later, Great Falls was open for the first time this season. (?) In any case, it was ten fucking kinds of awesome. Mega rad. We lapped it again on Sunday.

Great to meet you, WRG

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ^ Holy shit the coverage looks amazing for this time of year. Fuck me I can't wait until BBI!!!!
    It is. In the 18 years I lived and skied there, I rarely saw it this filled in. And certainly not this good in January. Fuck, it was good skiing last weekend. I miss it out here. A lot. It was a great reminder just how great the skiing is out this way. Don't tell anyone.

I'm back at it tomorrow - Saturday with my brother. There may be a crew of Californians in tow. I promise not to show them all the goods.
    I'm in a red TREW jacket, red pants, dark gray helmet and white boots. Ask for change and we'll go shred.

^ Yeah, I've only seen it filled that well in January maybe twice. Stoked!

25 years on Lone Mountain and this is easily in the top 3.

95-96 was this good this early. (and was the 1st year of the tram)

96-97 was nearly this good this early but for other reasons was a shitty year.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

96-97 was my first season at the big and oh boy what a first season.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Will be up there early Saturday and Sunday. Will be skiing with a couple non-gnar friends, but will have my gear on me. If I see any mags in the tram line I would love to sneak away and ski North Summit or Big C.

My wife's knee swelled up yesterday so we mostly just cruised a bit but found soft snow and even powder turns in the bowl, on the edges of groomers, and on Shedhorn. Did one Lenin lap and the wind was nuking up top. Enough that it wasn't much fun going through the fence maze to get to to the Yeti Traverse. A-Z chutes were closed as was Otter Slide.

The narrower all mountain skis were definitely the ticket. Thanks for the advice.

is there any way to find decently discounted tickets to BS? might head up in a couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    is there any way to find decently discounted tickets to BS? might head up in a couple weeks
    No. Only thing you can do is buy them in advance on their website. About $115 vs. $139 at the window.

Walk on tram, windbuff face shots on Lenin and Gullies all morning. Thanks I needed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

96-97 was nearly this good this early but for other reasons was a shitty year.
    I think the bros at Bridger, Jackson, etc refer to that season to Ninety-Sicks and Ninety-heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    If you know a BS ski patroller they can hook you up with depot passes if they have any left.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Looks like its power dumping everywhere right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Looks like its power dumping everywhere right now.
    Yeah, dumping hard on the mountain right now (4:30 pm). About 2 inches per hour currently. Windy AF too.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yeah I'd given up on the predicted snow but it just came later than they said. Several inches on my car. Tomorrow should be decent somewhere on the mtn (wherever it all blows into).

anyone have recommendations for an airport shuttle to BS? for a party of 2 would it just make sense to get an uber?

Look at the "Shuttle to Big Sky" website.

There are some other options as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shut...nt=firefox-b-1
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

6 am report: total bust. It came down real hard for an hour or so, then just quit. So only about 2 inches. Very windy, from the west, so places like Rice Bowl may be $$$.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

South face was awesome skiing this morning. Beautiful morning.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

January has been delivering! Afternoon ridge and finger laps were great with this (heavier?) Snow.

Just saw that somebody died after hitting a tree at Big Sky today. Mid-30s male. That sucks.