Page 185 of 892 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 22283
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ^^ rumor is that Lone Moose has a burned up motor and won't be fixed this year. Obviously Swiftybich is in a better position to comment that a rumor-spreader like me. Too bad, Bobcat & Grizzly are legit runs that nobody ever goes to on a powder day.
    Bummer. Lone Moose was always good for a late afternoon pow search session. It usually delivered, too.

Any suggestions for where to park an RV near big sky? Their website makes them seem very uptight.

Quote Originally Posted by spnce View Post
    Any suggestions for where to park an RV near big sky? Their website makes them seem very uptight.
    The lot at the base of the Pony lift has been a don't ask/don't tell parking spot for a couple years. It's full of construction equipment, but I'm guessing one rig could probably squeeze in there somewhere. No guarantees. Good luck.

Park to the northeast away from the big covered stockpiles and hope for the best.

The snowcats use the extreme NE corner as a short cut so don't block that.

The construction crews work mainly Mon.-Thurs. so Fri-Sunday might be ok.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^ rumor is that Lone Moose has a burned up motor and won't be fixed this year. Obviously Swiftybich is in a better position to comment that a rumor-spreader like me. Too bad, Bobcat & Grizzly are legit runs that nobody ever goes to on a powder day.
    Could be very soon...

Listening to the radio now, and they are working tirelessly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Indeed, it was about 10%, not heavy in my book, just meaty enough to cover the past weeks sun and wind damage and fill in the bumps.

Yo Bish! When will Lone Moose be back up and running? It was a crime to look at those unblemished trails on the way down the spur road.
    Got the new motor today, installed this evening, gotta wire it and load test tomorrow but fingers crossed she's good to go by Friday

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    It would be nice if they'd beef up the snowmaking for early-season security, but I don't think that's a popular idea with beancounters.
    We got more snowmaking capability than about anywhere else nearby you can name. The "man," for being flawed in some of his other sights, never hesitates to pull the trigger on early season guns and bleeding money pre-cash-flow, which wasn't the case in other administrations. If temps say we can blow from Halloween till opening, we'll do it. We self-incentivize by charging 1/2 day till the summit opens. We hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Got the new motor today, installed this evening, gotta wire it and load test tomorrow but fingers crossed she's good to go by Friday
    That's what I get for listening to (and repeating online) all the rumors I hear on the chairlift !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Wow. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Heard a woman on the chair complaining about the heaviness.
    She should just try a salad then!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    She should just try a salad then!
    Bwhah....

Oh the pleasures of being a lift Maint. critter and pulling an all nighter to install a new motor.

Hopefully the boss bought them some Pizza.

Pass the word, many thanks to BSLM, fingers X-ed.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

That's what I get for listening to (and repeating online) all the rumors I hear on the chairlift !
    We all fall victim to the big sky rumor mill haha. Man, when I was slinging fried food at the spoke for a couple years I would hear the most asinine word vomit pertaining to the lifts whenever they broke down. When challenger shit the bed a few years back I legit heard someone say the bullwheel fell off and they saw it with their own eyes. Shit, this fall when we were doing the tram rope one of our summer helpers took a pic of the winches running which causes a lot of smoke cause they're ancient diesels and he jokingly said the tram was on fire. Man did that blow up haha, I went to the moose the next day to get a bagel and the fucking cashier was like dude the tram is done for the season and I was like uh no? And he wouldn't believe me hahahah

Hmmm, that's interesting...Might come in handy to think up and deploy some strategically timed rumors myself along those lines.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Hmmm, that's interesting...Might come in handy to think up and deploy some strategically timed rumors myself along those lines.
    Most of the dipshits in this town will believe anything you tell them, worth a try haha

Finger on the pulse! I'm connected in this elite environment! I know the right people and my news is FRESH

Quote Originally Posted by Notchtop View Post
    We got more snowmaking capability than about anywhere else nearby you can name. The "man," for being flawed in some of his other sights, never hesitates to pull the trigger on early season guns and bleeding money pre-cash-flow, which wasn't the case in other administrations. If temps say we can blow from Halloween till opening, we'll do it. We self-incentivize by charging 1/2 day till the summit opens. We hustle harder.
    Why wait until Halloween? The natural snow from earlier in October stuck around this year (heck, some of the September snow did, too), and I'm 100% sure that if the mountain had made piles on the shady side of M and 3rd Street, they'd have survived just fine, too. If you don't push out the piles, very little of it is going to melt at 8-9k feet, even if it gets warm again in town.

We also get less snow than about anywhere else nearby (the benefit/curse of being on the eastern edge of the mountains: more sunshine, less precip). If you want to see what a bleeding (OK, hemorrhaging) money looks like, check out the snowmaking Killington did prior to the World Cup race this fall. I realize that Killington (and Sunday River and Okemo, among others) are very different animals, but that's what a serious commitment to snowmaking looks like. Like I said, I don't think that level of snowmaking would pass muster with beancounters (I doubt it would be economically sustainable even if you could get sufficient water rights), but even being able to light up two trails top-to-bottom, concurrently, and get them open with 36 hours of marginal temps, and then immediately move to the next two trails, would mean being able to get a lot more terrain open a lot more quickly. It would also mean a lot less time with guns positioned and trails closed waiting for a window to make snow.

I realize that the ops crew does their best with what they've got, but as far as I can tell, RLM doesn't have enough guns, water, or manpower to make substantial amounts of snow quickly.

Excellent skiing again today, 3" of lighter density snow and some favorable winds.

After pestering the patrol as nicely as I could they went ahead and opened the A-Zs, knee deep with a smooth but firm underlayer, didn't hit a thing. Parachute down to the tram did not suck. Lot of fresh lines left in Marx.

Thanks Mcfly and Lindsey, owe ya a beer. As for the rest of the patrol, we know you are working hard and at times are tired. Thank you for the efforts they are appreciated.

^^^ what he said. I had a great time today. Lifts now closed and it is still coming down. Tomorrow should be excellent too.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

+2. Fucking awesome day.

First tracks down Ellis this morning did not bum me out at all.

Deep snow, great skiing and the Lone Moose Lift was turning today. Not sure if the load test happened.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Fuck. Hopefully gonna get our department to start working four 10s soon. Slogged over to a job on Jack Creek behind moonlight today from the Ennis side. Still not back at the shop. I should be skiing tomorrow damnit!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Deep snow, great skiing and the Lone Moose Lift was turning today. Not sure if the load test happened.
    Interesting, it wasn't turning when I drove up the road about 11. Lone Moose rope drop at 9 a.m swiftyb? 😃

Psst, lone moose opens tomorrow...

Today was good

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums