Page 182 of 889 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 22217
    Nvm, handyman* came through! Coming in clutch! The guy did a great job, and finished on time.

* I use the word handyman because that’s what he calls himself.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Holly shit...that’s blowing. Still snowing? I’m assuming with all that wind moving things around should ski pretty well tomorrow? Or did it get really warm? Trying to justify the drive from Victor.

Bridger did not suck today. Schlasman's opening was so good. Lines at Schlasman's not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    Holly shit...that’s blowing. Still snowing? I’m assuming with all that wind moving things around should ski pretty well tomorrow? Or did it get really warm? Trying to justify the drive from Victor.
    Stayed relatively cool tempswise, not much new snow but south face and headwaters/challenger haven't opened or barely opened in the last two days so provided it's not windy tomorrow those should be titties

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Schlasmans line was so long I didn’t want to deal with it and went straight to job 1 on my first lap. Was lucky enough to score first tracks top to bottom. Which was a nice way to make up for bailing on Schlasmans terrain/crowd.

What an awesome run we’ve had at Bridger these past few weeks - the mountain is skiing so good right now.

Weird day at BB. Got there at 6:30 to -1 in the parking lot and 24 F on the ridge. Looked like it was going to be a stellar sunrise and the next thing you know it is snowing 2"+ per hr. Snowed like that for about 1 1/2 hrs and then quit and got cold as hell, then warmed up then got cold again as the stationary front kept moving back and forth over the range. When I left at 5:30 it was balmy in the parking lot with a big old 3/4 moon rising.

Great skiing today, lots of happy people, very few accidents and lots of smiles.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^Sounds a bit like Great Divide today. Driving up there my car registered -15 at one point. Considered turning around. When I got to the parking lot it was...22 degrees? Must be a mistake, right? No, it was actually very nice up there. Bought a two hour ticket, skied fresh powder for a couple hours then headed home, where it was -1. And we live above inversion level so that wasn't it, just must have been right on the edge of a warm front. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftybish View Post
    Stayed relatively cool tempswise, not much new snow but south face and headwaters/challenger haven't opened or barely opened in the last two days so provided it's not windy tomorrow those should be titties
    Thanks Swifty. Confirms my decision as we are already on the road. Any easy discounts available off of the window price at big sky? Keep you eye out for us. Tall guy green jacket skis, short gal green jacket, snowboard.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Pretty weird at BS today. Stayed on moonlight side all day. Big line at 6 shooter. Lone Tree was pretty good.

New skis rip fucking hard. So nice to just point and shoot into any kind of snow.

Don't know if we should go back to BS and try to get challenger opening or go to Bridger tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Don't know if we should go back to BS and try to get challenger opening or go to Bridger tomorrow.
    Easy decision. Challenger was down all day today and tomorrow the totally smooth windbuff will be insane.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

You got those Annexs mounted already eh?

If this helps your decision making. While BB was fun yesterday it got skied very hard. On sweep in the trees, moguls with dirt and stumps in the troughs. The ridge was still pretty good, Slushies should be good. I am driving south.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    New skis rip fucking hard. So nice to just point and shoot into any kind of snow.
    Are those the Annex 108s? Sidestash was one of my alltime favorite skis for Big Sky's usually variable conditions. Replaced them with Pinnacle 105, which I like a lot and are very versatile. Sometimes I wonder if I liked the traditional tail better though. I should try a pair of the Annex.

Buddy of mine loves the Hardside skis and had a couple extra pairs in plastic. He just mounted up a fresh pair. He usually skis Disco though, which gets less snow, hence his preference for the narrower waist. Same ski as Annex/Sidestash other than that.

^^^ They are indeed the Annex 108s.

I have 2 pairs of the Sidestash's mounted up so I passed them on to WRG at a nice price.

I keep 1 Pair up at BB and the other pair here at home for Big Sky as well as a pair of Hardsides up at BB for when it is a bit more firm. I also just mounted a pair of Fatypus M5s, a fun ski as well although very different, if the Sidestash/Annex is turny the M5 is that x 3.

For Chinese made crap the K2s ski very well.

Big Sky was good today although a bit busy for my tastes. Challenger got hammered in about 1.5 hrs.

Yup. Annex 108 is super fun. We gaped pretty hard today. Challenger was toast pretty much by the time we got up there. Did one lap of liberty. Soft but pretty douched as well.

If Lenin/Marx is opened tomorrow it should be nice. Wish I had gear with me to do Big C today. Looked nice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wonder how close they are to getting the Snowfield open...Friday would be nice since that's when I will be back at Big Sky.

I’m delighted to hear that SW Montana continues to quietly have a good year.

Don’t tell anyone.

I’m excited to get ‘home’ later this month and do some proper skiing in good conditions.

Nice sunny day. Gullies were fun.

Holy shit!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I found some amazing conditions not too far off the beaten path today...Hard to believe the leftover low hanging fruit after the weekend frenzy which I missed after twerking my back the day of the storm on Friday. So good I could ski as if I were not a gimp! Still so much great snow to ski out there!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

The past two days at big sky have been amazing. Challenger yesterday and gullies this morning did not disappoint. plenty of leftovers to be had everywhere else. You guys have a great winter going and as a first timer the Big Sky terrain has blown me away
    Planning on getting out for a tour tomorrow. The avy report seems to be trending towards moderate. We are thinking about checking out the beehive/bear basin area. Main objective is to get exercise, take in some scenery, and hopefully some low angle turns. Any thoughts/concerns on this zone? I picked up the Bozeman Big Sky Bacountry book, which has a pretty good route description and gps coordinates.

Anyone else been skiing lost trail this week? It's been damn good, but their lack of avy control has me sketched out. Big slide in Hollywood on Friday while it was open, then they dropped the burnt tree gate on Sunday with no control work done and a couple skiers triggered a slide between there and bottleneck within 20 minutes of the gate opening. Both deep crowns, all of the snow from this storm cycle went (4 feet or so). The one in Bottleneck snapped trees, I was about 20 feet cross-slope from where the debris piled up. Fucking scary. They'll be lucky not to kill someone if they don't get their shit together and start doing proper control work.

Several years ago LT hired a small group of experienced folks to handle the A/C issues there. I don't know if they kept that program alive.

As such a small area it would be difficult for LT to bear the costs of getting the BATF license needed along with the liability insurance to have a full on control program. Just having a full time forecaster and 3 other workers capable of handling the work would be a huge hit.

I am surprised the USFS lets them operate in such a way as you describe. Too bad because it is a great area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-4355.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	772.1 KB 
ID:	220239

First pic of 2018. Long time reader/resident, first time poster to this thread. Great conditions down south.

😁

Nice pic Wymont.

Sad news about the two snowboarders dying in the Flathead. Cliff jumping is one thing, but tree wells seem to take several people every year. A good reminder to keep close tabs on your partners in the trees. It's not really enough to wait at the bottom of the mountain for everybody to show up, even though we've all been guilty of the "no friends on a powder day" mentality at one time or another. RIP

And yeah, that Lost Trail avalanche situation sounds sketchy indeed.